New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My Nokia 6600 is about to retire. My Mom bought me this phone in 2004 and it still serves me well until now. Galing ng Nokia parang Toyota Unfortunately, my 6600 doesn't look presentable anymore as all the numbers in the keypad have been erased already, also the charger is not working anymore so I had to borrow my cousin's extra charger.

I want a phone that is as sturdy as my Nokia 6600. What's important for me also is the calendar and notes. I heard that the Nokia E series is very sturdy so I am considering that phone. If I get a Nokia, I still have to decide among the three:

E63 - P8,830
    E71 - P13,120
    E72 - P16,380

I also considered the Iphone because my friends seem to be so amused with theirs. Most of my friends either have nokia e series or iphone so I'm a bit torn and my Mom wants me to decide already.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i have an e-series phone since January, patok na patok

but i'm planning to get a touchscreen phone na but not the Iphone yun Samsung GAlaxy S kasi android na. in the future, it will be google. so why not start now?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Anong E series?

Naisip ko rin mahirap mag text pag touch screen saka tatagal ba ng more than 5 yrs ang iphone?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    The iphone 4 is not durable. Youtube videoes showing it being dropped with one of its corner facing down caused the front screen to crack like a laminated windshield.

Among your choices, well, it depends on how you use your phone. Either get the E63 or E72.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Why not E71? I'll just use it for call and text then calendar and notes. I never use my phone for internet.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    had the e63.. and it's good. "japorms" factor na din, wala nga lang touchscreen

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    If you want sturdy phone e71 or e72 will be ok, pag touch screen, i suggest you check out HTC legend, saw one in youtube were in he deliberately drop his phone many times pero gumagana pa din.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What other differences between the E71 and E72? The salesman told me it was just the navigator, camera and memory.

I'm not tech saavy by the way, is this easy to use?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 26th, 2010 at 09:40 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you are choosing between the E71 and E72 ... get the Nokia E71. The E72 has a few problems including tendency to hang and slow navigation.

The E71 already have 2G and 3G, wifi, infrared, bluetooth and usb connectivity.

Also gps navigation (Nokia Maps) and you can also install Google Maps too.

The symbian S60 3rd ver OS lets you install many apps and games. You might want to upgrade the 2gb sd memory card to 4 or 8gb to have ample space for stuff later like pictures, music, ****, etc.

The only downside with the E71 is the relatively lower resolution camera but still good enough for facebook pictures.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'm not tech saavy by the way, is this easy to use?
    If you are familiar enough with Nokia smartphones, it is easy enough to use and even customize.

The E71 have FOUR shortcut buttons on the top row of the keyboard. They have two functions each depending if you press short or long. Example, the addressbook button will let you either search for a number or enter a new number.

With a little practice, you'll get the hang of this or never at all.

One thing you have to decide is if you want a full keyboard (ala E71) or a keypad style like your old Nokia 6600 phone. People with big fingers generally find it hard to type on small buttons.

Also you can not text while driving with a E71.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Which is better? Nokia E Series or Iphone?