New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    i was talking about the 2730 kind and the one in the pictures above. i'm sure the high end models have nice keypads.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I also considered the Iphone because my friends seem to be so amused with theirs. Most of my friends either have nokia e series or iphone so I'm a bit torn and my Mom wants me to decide already.

You might want to check with yourself if you like using a touchscreen mobile phone.

Some people (like me) don't like using a touch screen phone.

At the same time, check if you like using a Blackberry style phone because all those tiny buttons can be a boon or bane depending on the user's preference.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'll scrap the iphone already. I'll stick to a Nokia. I thought it would only cost me $200 but it turns out an unlocked iphone will cost me over $500.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    When my SE G900 suddenly bogged back 7 months, I needed to have a replacement phone fast and at that time I really don't know what to buy and I didn't wanna spend much on a phone that time. I wanted the E72 but it seemed that a lot of owners had problems with it. To cut the story short, I ended up buying the E63. It was less than 10k at CMK Cell shop. Up to now it's still not showing in signs of slowing or hanging. I'm not sure coz I use my phone for call and text only and flashlight.hehe Not really the best in its class though.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if you want an iphone get the 3gs, or wait for the next gen. iphone. sorry but iphone is by far the best cell phone out there and so many are trying to beat it but failed. the only down side is it doesn't have a keyboard, but once you get used to the touchscreen you'll be texting like the iphone has a keyboard.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have used iPhones on and off... have an iPad... have a Galaxy S... IMHO... there's still something to be said about texting on a touchscreen versus a keypad. You can dial numbers and text without looking with a keypad. You can't do that with a touchscreen... and for the iPhone and Galaxy S, you need to hold the screen in landscape mode to type comfortably. At least the S and the newer iPhone builds have haptic feedback, but it's still not as easy as typing with keys. That's why I don't browse as often with my iPad as I do with my netbook... aside from the fact that I can have twenty-something browser windows open at once on the netbook.

And that's why I still have my Samsung B2100. No 3G. Low-res camera. Few apps. But it's waterproof, shockproof, has good battery life, is easy to text on without looking, comes with a single key keylock, and it has a built-in flashlight to boot. You really don't need anything more from a cellphone.

Except, maybe, self-charging...
    Last edited by niky; September 27th, 2010 at 03:07 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    e72 gets vote here...

faster processor, body with metal components like the e71, and best of all..

FREE NAVIGATION FROM NOKIA MAPS!! (ovi maps 3.3 yata).

after witnessing the usefulness of GPS while traveling, i must say na GPS in a smartphone is now a deal-breaker for me when choosing smartphones. which is also why i'm holding off on buying a samsung android smartphone due to the lack of a viable, non assisted GPS application for androids.

buti pa windows mobile pwede lagyan ng garmin, hekhekhek

i also suggest an e75 (i have one now). been using it for a year now, no problems whatsoever. metal components din ito, better than plastic.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ive always thought iphones were overrated. too much form and coolnes but not enough function and everybody wants to have one. i remember the first gen iphone, when nokia and se where battling with fast connectivity-3g, 3.5g iphone was still using gprs, that's useless websurfing unless you're in a wifi area all the time.

i dont see anything what the iphone can offer better than my nokia e series, like voltscastillo i use gps heavily during my runs and bikes. unless iphone makes a rugged, gps enabled, atleast 3day batt, text friendly phone then im sticking with my e series

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If your into touch phones then nothing comes close to iphone. other so called touch phones does not have the full multi touch experience technology and only have prerecorded animations (like when you slide to view other icons on the left or on the right). Also note that nothing also comes close to iphone's price (a whopping 30k++). :D

it all boils down to what you wanted to use your phone for. if its for connectivity (email - sms - call - private messaging - etc. etc.) nokia e series can handle those well (i believe blackberry handles it the best). if you want the multimedia and eyecandies then go for the iphone.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I suggest that you go for a nokia phone.

IPhone and Android Phones are power hogs

I think you need to consider that too.

*Haruto:

I beg to disagree. I've been an Iphone user for 2 years then switched to N1 and never looked back.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Which is better? Nokia E Series or Iphone?