New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi guys,Can you tell me the best brand of laptop?Because my dad's gonna buy one and he is asking what brand is best..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Marami nagsasabi na the best daw Toshiba. Sunod daw HP then Dell. Yan kasi lagi sinasabi ng mga nasa comp. stores. Ewan ko kung ano basehan nila.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-8 View Post
    Hi guys,Can you tell me the best brand of laptop?Because my dad's gonna buy one and he is asking what brand is best..
    You should consider a lot of things like:

-warranty clauses (which one gives you the best warranty option-which can be extended for a price) i.e. is it covered for 1 year, 2 years? Are there shops around the country that honor the product, etc.
    -weight (of course, the lighter the better-but there will be trade offs with that)
    -processor and features (the processor should be at least core 2 duo and at least with 1 gb of RAM)
    -freebies that come with it (Free OS, free case and bag, free optical mouse and USB keyboard).
    -Battery life (the longer, the better)
    -Branding - you can chose from Lenovo, Asus, Acer, HP, Fujitsu, Neo, Blue, NEC. It is difficult to identify a brand that's lately superior than the others.
    -Payment options (is the cost spread out to say 12 months at 0%?)
    -others (there will always be the intangible aspects which you might to consider later on).

It's best to consider which one fits your application needs and budget. It's actually difficult to recommend a brand of laptop because there will always be pros and cons for each one of them.

Mine is Neo and I liked it because it is light (1.8 kg), and because of the support (better) that comes with it.

Good luck!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We're issued HP laptops in our company and i can say that sakit talaga nya yun hard disk. Dami nang cases na nag crash buti na lang regular ako nag baback-up.

My sister got a Dell early this year. No problems so far. We also have a jurassic Toshiba laptop and it's still working ...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sony VAIO TZ, SZ, series.

Apple Macbook pro

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Is it true na walang service center ang Dell sa Pinas? Eh ano yung nasa MOA, call center lang?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yup, call center lang. Almost all of the other dealers in the Phils repair it themselves kaya sobrang laki ng patong nila. hehehe.

Yung iba naman, sell it low pero no warranty.

so depende na lang sa buyer ano priorities nya.

I, on the otherhand, send it back to Dell Pacific para safe lahat at pwede pa i-claim nung client yung international warranty if ever he/she goes to another country.
    Last edited by Horsepower; August 20th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    DELL... in terms of durability and performance... Toshiba is my second choice... and HP is third...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Shotokan,your order of choices are just the same as my dad's...
    1st-DELL
    2nd-TOSHIBA
    3rd-HP

I liked the design of apple but they say that some programs aren't compatible with apple...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dell is not exactly topnotch when it comes to quality. I know this because I sell Dell in the Philippines.

Latitude, Precision and XPS are probably built with higher quality standards than the base inspiron models.

but durability is nowhere near Sony.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Best brand of laptop