New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    in my experience, toshiba is the best. we have a dell latitude d600 in the office pero ang laging sakit eh defective keyboard and cd writer.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    For me, walang best brand talaga. At the end of the day, nasa gumagamit yan i.e. kung hinde maalaga at maingat, kahit anong name brand eh maaring masira pa din.

However, as far as support goes....umm...walang lamang na brand para sa 'kin. Been a notebook user for years and nakagamit na ako almost all of the name brands (except for Apple) and in one form/way or another, sumakit din ulo ko/namin dito sa office sa support/quality of service at one time. Pero as far as our collective experience here at the office goes, we had less problems in terms of support and turn-around time with Toshiba.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    never had hardware problems with my asus L3 series notebook..until now, it's still performing very well after more than 3 years!!!

battery can still last for 2-2.5 hours internet browsing.
    the hinge is still tight as ever.
    and been using it heavily. now, i passed it down to my mom and only been having problems with software.

I'm now using Acer, and I don't expect it to last as long as my asus...I just got this because of the price and the performance.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    I'm now using Acer, and I don't expect it to last as long as my asus...I just got this because of the price and the performance.
    just got my Acer aspire 4920G last month, ayos na ayos ang performance but can't compare to the Toshiba's harman kardon internal speaker na ibinigay ko sa mga kids vs. acer's dolby home theater kaya balak kong idispose kung may takers.

heto yung specs: intel core duo T7300(2.0 ghz, 800mhz fsb, 4mb l2 cache), 14.1 wxga crystalbrite lcd, up to 512 mb ati mobility radeon x2500 hyper memory, 1gb ddr2, 160gb hdd, dvd super multi dl, 802.11 a/b/g wlan, bluetooth 2.0+edr. i want to go back to toshiba lappy kasi ginagamit ko itong pampatulog sa offshore

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm using HP laptop for about 3 yrs na, nagkaproblema lang sa hardisk niya, after that wala na akong naging problema, very stable.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have used a Dell, Toshiba and now an HP. I think they are all at par as long as you are comparing the same specs. The difference will only be with the price. So Bang for Buck goes to Toshiba.

For me the best in design goes for HP. Dell tends to be boring and plain.

If cost is a concern, Acer, Asus and Fujitsu Siemens are great alternatives. If you are not really into heavy Graphics or Applications..they are good enough.

Right now, I have a 1.5 yr old HP Pavilion 1598 notebook running 24/7. I think I will wait for another year before I go for an upgrade. Since I am able to do everything I wanted to do with this Centrino Solo.

My wife has a LG notebook model 32AK and its about 3 yrs old now. Graphics is better than my HP but all other things are just so so.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Macbook Pro. Astig ang dating.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my acer laptop for 1.5 years is now dead, motherboard daw ang sira atleast 10 hours a day sya nakaopen... as in tortured sakin, may bakat na nga yung kamay ko lolz.

nagtry ako paayos sa greenhills, 10 to 15k ang motherboard , sabi ko hmotna lang, then offer nila sakin pwede daw nila bilhin for 10k... 40k ko binili ito last year.

now im using MSI, msi din kasi ang motherboard nito... hopefully magtagal... its a core 2 duo with 2gb of ram , compared sa celeron 1.5 ko before with 700+ ram

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    acer pa naman ang issue dito s opis

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    If your dad wants something for business i recommend the HP/Compaq notebooks...I own a brand new Compaq Presario and its performance is great!!But i also recommend Dell or Toshiba...These brands are very reputable in terms of quality and performance...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Best brand of laptop