New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Solid State HDD <--- this makes it expensive compared to other notebooks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pakupakupaku View Post
    Solid State HDD <--- this makes it expensive compared to other notebooks.
    Yup. It also has no moving parts and is very fast.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Eee PC was available at PC Corner since Nov 15 2007 but on a reservation basis. So medyo nahirapan ako maghanap pero got lucky at complink Alabang town center and was able to purchase one. The staff there were very accomodating (uy, di ako staff ng complink, pero thanks kay Mary Anne and Annabelle), and they were able to upgrade my ram to 1GB since I wanted it at 1 GB since I was planning on installing win xp. So for the 4G model, I gto it at 18K (PC corner had it at 17,999.00) tapos swap sa 512 to 1GB na RAM, additional 1K, total 19K php.

I would want to make a brief and mini review, but Eee PCs pros and cons have been covered all over the net so provide ko na lang links to some articles :

A mini review from hardwarezone.com forumer phiber with some game benchmarks as a test....:
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...8&page=1&pp=15

From notebook review, Kevin provided an Asus Eee PC Tweak Guide : http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4062
    it has some benchmark using win xp as well as useful links to softwares with small footprint that you can use for your Eeepc

From Eeeuser.com forumer silurius and torowl
    how to niltexp for Eee PC : http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:nLitexp

My first impressions :
    - really tiny, it does belong to the UMPC (ulttra mobile PC), mas malaki ng konti sa size ng 2 DVD cases on top of each other.
    - Performance is on par on core solo UMPC (7 to 10 inchers) pero medyo mabagal whem comparing it to my core duo notebook, pero sa price nya at sa segment nya na UMPC, its a good buy. I know you can have a 15.4 incher at ~25 to 30K in some places, pero those are Desktop replacement notebooks, not UMPCs which normally ranges at 50K to 120K.
    - Got mine already running in xp, wifey did not like the xandros linux interface. My current win xp footprint is only ~ 800 MB, and this is following only the tips provided by Asus on their manual. the Linux was also good but was not able to really work my way around it that much.
    - Really fast in booting, could be due to the SSD. pero maliit lang cap nya at 4GB, kaya dapat i nLite mo yung original version mo ng win xp prior to install.

Overall, I would rate it as one of my best purchase so far, and I'm considering buying another one.

Sensya na sa haba ng post.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saw someone from tipidpc selling this for P17900, pero d pa namin kelangan e, saka nde pde kay misis, mahilig mag digi scrap e, need more resources ehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Just wondering if the thing has a hard drive. If not, where is the OS installed?
    it does not have any hard drive, but uses flash memory.
    i really dunno if it has any USB ports. but if it has, madali lang magkabit ng mobile hard disk.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hmmm interesting, separate ba ang purchase ng hard disk flash? if it really cost all at 20k economical na rin just for students and young office goers on the move... magandang pang christmas gift!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Latest update:

Asus Eee PC Hackintosh

$399 Mac Ultraportable

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the sales clerk told me that magkakaroon din daw ng 10" monitor na Asus Eee PC soon.

anybody know about this?

Medyo trauma na kasi ako sa 7" screen...I use to have toshiba libretto 110C halos similar size and weight sa Asus Eee PC pero lumabo ang mata ko after less than a year use. I had to wear prescription lens for 2 years and drink a lots of fresh carrot juice to get my eyes recovered from the stress of small screen.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    according to engadget, the 10-in eee is just that -- a rumor.

imho, depende sa needs mo bago mo masabi na sulit siya or not. i'm betting the 7" inch screen and small keyboard would become a drag to use for prolonged computing -- pero ok siya if you need to lug around a laptop everywhere, when all you do most of the time is to surf, IM someone, make a skype call, etc.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PC Corner is now taking orders for the 10in EEE:
    http://www.pccorner.com.ph/products....productid=4089

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
ASUS Eee PC [MERGED]