New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If the iPad used colored e-ink technology, then I'm sold. But the display is just plain LCD. Reading text on it for extended periods of time will strain the eyes. This makes it a half-baked ebook reader.

If it intends to be a tablet computer, then it should used the Mac OS. As things stand, the iPhone OS is too limited to take advantage of the huge screen space. So again, half-baked.

So it boil downs to what it offers now. As things stand, that the iPad is not a 'real' ebook reader nor a 'real' functioning tablet computer. What it is, is simply an Internet appliance/tablet similar to the likes of Nokia N800, N770. Something you use to quickly surf sites and perform quick tasks/activities. That's what it does best.

On another note, I wonder how applications and games will supposedly 'scale up' to the bigger display of the iPad? 3D objects would be no problem, but how about the 2D ones?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Note this doesn't have a built in camera.
    it will come with the upgrade model later

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *Stoner
    If the iPad used colored e-ink technology, then I'm sold. But the display is just plain LCD. Reading text on it for extended periods of time will strain the eyes. This makes it a half-baked ebook reader.
    I'm with you on this man. However, iPad offers more than just reading text. It may assume the role of an ebook reading device yet offer the versatility of a portable media tablet ala iTouch/iPhone. Colored e-ink tech may not present a good balance for what direction intends to be in.

If it intends to be a tablet computer, then it should used the Mac OS. As things stand, the iPhone OS is too limited to take advantage of the huge screen space. So again, half-baked.
    As I understand, Apple have recoded the OS for this device. Mac OS will not suit the iPad simply because it is positioned to be a portable net appliance where Apple have a huge capital Apps base. As this is not meant to replace Apple's macbook line, then this is best suited for those who complain that iTouch is too small to read ebooks and watch movies. Half-baked? I think it's just right for what it is created to be.

So it boil downs to what it offers now. As things stand, that the iPad is not a 'real' ebook reader nor a 'real' functioning tablet computer. What it is, is simply an Internet appliance/tablet similar to the likes of Nokia N800, N770. Something you use to quickly surf sites and perform quick tasks/activities. That's what it does best.
    As I've said, Apple found a hole where Kindle, Nook and other electronic reading devices failed to address.

When Amazon launched Kindle, the public found that it is too pricey for something that only allows to do one thing, read electronic material. The Nook came out and offered colored e-ink tech but still fell short as people clamor for something that will also play other forms of media content. IPad not only offer readers to view electronic books, it also allows to do a lot of other things. You maybe right to say that it is an appliance similar to N800 or N770 but Apple's huge support base is way beyond what Nokia can offer and that remains unchallenged up to this point.

On another note, I wonder how applications and games will supposedly 'scale up' to the bigger display of the iPad? 3D objects would be no problem, but how about the 2D ones?
    Beats the hell out of me man. I'm sure Apple's R&D have green lighted this just to appease Stevie's discriminating standards.

Final note. iPad = iTouch's big brother but better in reading books and watching *pron* ehem. Let me rephrase that. Watching movies hehehe...

Peace

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Your point well taken But sticking to mine.

On that last thingie, I'm just concerned about existing apps on the iPhone that uses 2D images. Will they get blown up to pixelated bits, or will iPad users squint at the iPhone display-sized diminutiveness? We'll see nalang.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure there will be an digital frame app that will come out for the iPad since it already looks the part.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I'm waiting for the Asus EEEpad or a MSI WindScribe in the near future. hehe

or even... a ChinaPad!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner
    Your point well taken But sticking to mine.

On that last thingie, I'm just concerned about existing apps on the iPhone that uses 2D images. Will they get blown up to pixelated bits, or will iPad users squint at the iPhone display-sized diminutiveness? We'll see nalang.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure there will be an digital frame app that will come out for the iPad since it already looks the part.
    If Apple is really that smart, they might have already tested 2D images to come out just fine. But, it still remains to be seen.

This sums up what the iPad can do
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc2X6MC9s9c&feature=related"]YouTube- apple ipad Demo - Apple iPad Introducing the iPad[/ame]

Digital frame? It is surely a welcome treat to potential owners of this device.

Nice inputs *Stoner
    Last edited by frenchtower; January 29th, 2010 at 03:51 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i got a MacBook and an iPod pero im still not impressed with the iPhone; and i'm definitely not impressed with this iPad either. di ako iSheep ni Jobs that gets excited with every product Apple pushes out.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *roninblade
    i got a MacBook and an iPod pero im still not impressed with the iPhone; and i'm definitely not impressed with this iPad either. di ako iSheep ni Jobs that gets excited with every product Apple pushes out.
    Nobody is pushing anybody and that includes Jobs and Apple Corp. Honestly, I feel glad that Jobs is part of our generation to offer us alternative products. IPad and other Apple products may not come out appealing to some but surely it is not offensive.

I say, if you find that you will enjoy this toy without regrets, then get it. Otherwise, there is no reason to be overly critical about the company that only aims to simplify life and provide enjoyment.

I'm still finding reason if iPad would actually fit my current needs. I own an iPhone, 2 Macbook pros, Airport Extreme, that's it. I have not owned any other Apple products and currently not looking for one. Am I a happy owner? Absolutely!!!

Peace

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    *roninblade

Nobody is pushing anybody and that includes Jobs and Apple Corp. Honestly, I feel glad that Jobs is part of our generation to offer us alternative products. IPad and other Apple products may not come out appealing to some but surely it is not offensive.

I say, if you find that you will enjoy this toy without regrets, then get it. Otherwise, there is no reason to be overly critical about the company that only aims to simplify life and provide enjoyment.

I'm still finding reason if iPad would actually fit my current needs. I own an iPhone, 2 Macbook pros, Airport Extreme, that's it. I have not owned any other Apple products and currently not looking for one. Am I a happy owner? Absolutely!!!
    Apple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2010 first quarter ended December 26, 2009. The Company posted revenue of $15.68 billion and a net quarterly profit of $3.38 billion.

P155,000,000,000 net profit for 4 months work.

You can't argue with Success!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4"]YouTube- Hitler responds to the iPad[/ame]

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Apple IPAD thread