1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Nakakalungkot naman 3 months pa lang Ipad ko tapos may bago na agad

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kelan labas ng ipad2?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Finally bought the 64GB WiFi-only iPad. Iba talaga Apple.

Anyway, I want to buy a sub-P5k tablet for the Mrs. She intends to use it in the kitchen to browse at menus directly from the web or youtube while cooking, among others. It need not be expensive since it'll see service near chopping boards and microwave ovens.. :D It needs WiFi, though (don't know if it's a standard feature already on these tablets).

So, what is the "best" tablet for that price? epad, apad, iped, etc.? "Best" - as in it's reasonably reliable, it can at least provide a couple hours of running time per charge, doesn't crash as often as Windows, etc.

Any specific model? Or are they in fact all the same and it's only the stickered name that's all the difference?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Finally bought the 64GB WiFi-only iPad. Iba talaga Apple.

Anyway, I want to buy a sub-P5k tablet for the Mrs. She intends to use it in the kitchen to browse at menus directly from the web or youtube while cooking, among others. It need not be expensive since it'll see service near chopping boards and microwave ovens.. :D It needs WiFi, though (don't know if it's a standard feature already on these tablets).

So, what is the "best" tablet for that price? epad, apad, iped, etc.? "Best" - as in it's reasonably reliable, it can at least provide a couple hours of running time per charge, doesn't crash as often as Windows, etc.

Any specific model? Or are they in fact all the same and it's only the stickered name that's all the difference?

Believe it or not, the "china" tablets are actually different. Some are actually better than others if you can believe some users are reporting about their experiences with them. The cheapest ones are garbage while the more pricey ones (around P8,000) are actually usable.

Always do your research before buying. Slower CPU speeds mean sluggish performance. Less RAM means the same. So best to set a minimum spec like 800mhz cpu and 512meg ram.

Example: (good ones)
    http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=8788202
    http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=8780284
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 20th, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Thanks GH. That's exactly the insight I need. So the sub-5k tabs are useless? I'm afraid to ask this but, what are they good for then, seriously?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ Thanks GH. That's exactly the insight I need. So the sub-5k tabs are useless? I'm afraid to ask this but, what are they good for then, seriously?

Good for? ... I was thinking as a "cheap" digital picture frame. Beside from that, maybe as a door-stop and paperweight.

Unfortunately so many people want the Apple iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab but don't want or cannot pay the price of a "real" tablet, hence the cheap and useless tablets in the market. Unfortunately many people are not aware that not all tablets are the same, even if they look the same. They end up buying a piece of electronic garbage.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 22nd, 2011 at 02:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Good for? ... I was thinking as a "cheap" digital picture frame. Beside from that, maybe as a door-stop and paperweight.

Unfortunately so many people want the Apple iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab but don't want or cannot to pay the price of a "real" tablet, hence the cheap and unless tablets in the market. Unfortunately many people are not aware that not all tablets are the same, even if they look the same. They end up buying a piece of electronic garbage.
    Haha... I see what you mean. Anyway, when I told my wife about spending 9k for a decent tablet, she decided it wasn't worth it. Whew!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Apple IPad live event today 10:00am PST. IPad 2 is poised to be announced.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    IPAD 2
    - New design
    - Lighter and thinner than the outgoing IPad (even thinner than Iphone 4)
    - A5 chip ( Dual Core Processor)
    - Black or White variant
    - Front and back facing camera
    - New OS and Apps
    - Dock connector HDMI mirrored video output - 1080p works with all Apps
    - Smart cover (polyurethane or leather) that doubles as a stand. Attached by magnets
    - Same capacities, battery life and price
    - Availability: Mar. 11 in the US. Mar. 25 in other countries

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I'm surprised Steve came out to do the presentation. I will surely have this as a personal gift to myself.

Apple IPAD thread