New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    When Apple upgrades the screen of any future iteration of the iPad to Retina Display then that would be the model worth getting. That would be The real upgrade.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    When Apple upgrades the screen of any future iteration of the iPad to Retina Display then that would be the model worth getting. That would be The real upgrade.
    Diba ganyan yung sa IPhone 4 ?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    the iPAd is already retina display bec. it used LED not LCD>

ginamit lang marketing sa iphone yun Retina kasi Iphone 4 ang una nagpatupad ng LED screen. retina is just trademarked term ng apple for LED technology.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5557210/what-is...retina-display

no big deal here. fyi
    Last edited by hondaboot; May 1st, 2011 at 05:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Eh pano yung Ipad3 ? Atomic bomb ? :hysterical: Tapos triple yung speed ? Hahaha.
    personally, the only thing to buy for the Ipad3 is longer battery life or bigger / smaller than 10" screen and SDXC like technology like 1 Terabyte built-in storage. kasi Ipad2 has it all na. san pa mag-improve, it's not like quad core speed and a 1GB memory will do much difference in IOS.

Iphone4 is already very fast with its 512MB and 1GHZ processor non dual-core processor.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    the iPAd is already retina display bec. it used LED not LCD>

ginamit lang marketing sa iphone yun Retina kasi Iphone 4 ang una nagpatupad ng LED screen. retina is just trademarked term ng apple for LED technology.

no big deal here. fyi
    Retina displays has higher resolution per inch. The iPad 2' screen is the same as the one used in the iPad 1 (1024x768), hence, hindi pa sya Retina display.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    even if has higher resolution per inch, your eyes will never see it bec. at tops our eyes can handle barely above 72 dpi when viewing screen displays. that's why most pictures on the web and screens are optimized at 72 dpi. most facebook photos, flickr etc. are only 72 dpi. anything greater is waste of space, and that's why the megapixel wars are over when photo printing is over.

photo printing you need 300dpi coz kelangan eh, the printers can't have more pixels per inch.

but retina display of which Apple's claim to be better at 326dpi go ahead research it it's just hype.

the main reason why Iphone 4 looks very good is bec. it's LED as compared to the previous generation of iphones.

what you do is compare the iphone4 with the Ipad1 or Ipad2. tignan retina kaekekan or not, it's will look the same bec. it's LED or OLED generically.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

[SIZE="4"]What Is the iPhone’s Retina Display?[/SIZE]

Kat Hannaford — What Is the iPhone's Retina Display?Steve Jobs mentioned an all-new "Retina Display" for the iPhone 4. But what exactly is a "Retina Display?" Apart from a marketing buzzword, it's essentially a high-end screen with four times as many pixels in the same screen real estate.

...It's a screen...

A fancy screen, with a 326dpi resolution. Jobs said "there's a magic number around 300dpi, if you hold something about 10-12 inches away from your eye, it's the limit of the human retina to distinguish pixels." Here's what Apple has to say about the display:

All the breakthrough technology in iPhone 4 is situated between two glossy panels of aluminosilicate glass - the same type of glass used in the windshields of helicopters and high-speed trains. Chemically strengthened to be 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, the glass is ultradurable and more scratch resistant than ever.

[SIZE="3"]...and it's close to the iPad's display quality...[/SIZE]

It's got 78 per cent of the pixels of the iPad, but in a far smaller screen-size. That should mean colors will pop, and video, browsing, app-playing—whatever else you do with your iPhone—will be clearer than ever. This will be especially beneficial with fonts, whether they be in emails or when reading in the browser.

[SIZE="3"]...but it's better than your iPhone 3GS' screen...[/SIZE]

An 800:1 contrast ratio doesn't say much—you know how misleading contrast ratios can be—but it sounds fantastic for a phone. It boils down to just how they measure it, but we do know that it's 4x better than the 3GS' contrast ratio. In the photo above, provided by BenM.at, you can see the difference between the lower-resolution displays and the new Retina Display.

[SIZE="3"]...that's sharper, but mostly marketing hype.[/SIZE]

We know you. We know you wouldn't bow down to marketing pressure. So while fancy display terms such as "OLED" and "CRT" (snicker) are thrown around, bear in mind that this is just Apple's branding on what's essentially a super-sharp display.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A video from 17 years ago, effectively predicting the emergence of a tablet computer. Look familiar?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBEtPQDQNcI"]YouTube - Tablet Newspaper (1994)[/ame]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have not read the whole thread but I think I need some help.

I don't have an iPhone, iTouch, or Macbook, or anything else made by Apple aside from an iPod Nano.

But now I have an iPad 2 16GB 3G. And now I have a few questions.

1. Do I need to jailbreak it? Where and how much
    2. What applications do you recommed?
    3. Can I use this thing to work on microsoft Word documents or powerpoint? What programs will I need?
    4. Can I use this as a GPS device?

I'm no techie so I need a lot of help on this one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Pwede nyo sir isearch sa maps yung lugar na pupuntahan nyo pero Hindi Nya ipplot for you yung directions going there..Laging sagot nun no walking/transit/driving directions to end location.may makikita kang current location and end location sa maps.blue dot represents your current location red indicates end location.You'll notice na as your vehicle moves nagmomove rin yung blue dot.I use this as my guide Kung San ako magtuturn and Kung malapit na ko sa destination ko..sir alam ko you need to buy an app like that of dataviz' documents to go($16.99) para makapagview,edit or create word,excel and powerpoint docs..check nyo na Lang po yung reviews kasi I haven't tried it pa.
    Last edited by Patti; May 10th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.

Apple IPAD thread