New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Another delicious Apple for all the nerds like me.

[SIZE=4]Apple reveals multi-touch 'iPad' tablet device starting at $499[/SIZE]
    By AppleInsider Staff
    [SIZE=1]Published: 01:05 PM EST[/SIZE]

Calling it "way better than a laptop, way better than a phone," Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled his company's long-awaited iPad tablet-style multi-touch device Wednesday.

The device weighs just 1.5 pounds -- lighter than any netbook, Jobs noted -- and sports a 9.7-inch display. It also includes a 1GHz Apple-built ARM A4 processor which includes the CPU and graphics.

"Everything is one chip, and it screams," Jobs said.

He also touted that device gets 10 hours battery life watching video, and has a one-month standby charge. It will come in capacities of 16GB to 64GB of flash storage.

The 16GB model, without a 3G radio but with Wi-Fi, will cost $499, with 32GB and 64GB models priced $599 and $699, respectively. Models with 3G radios will cost an extra $130.

They will be shipping in 60 days with worldwide availability for Wi-Fi models. 3G models ship in 90 days.

Pricing:

Just Wi-Fi:
    • 16GB - $499
    • 32GB - $599
    • 64GB - $699

With 3G radio:
    • 16GB - $629
    • 32GB - $729
    • 64GB - $829

Source: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...et_device.html

Here's the liveblog link:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/l...est&refresh=30

Here's the specs:
    The hardware has many of the same capabilities of the iPhone and iPod touch, including an orientation sensor for switching between portrait and landscape modes, and multi-touch capabilities. The device even looks akin to a large iPhone.

iPad Specifications
    • 9.7 inch IPS display
    • 0.5 inches thin
    • 1.5 pounds
    • Full capacitive multi-touch interface
    • 16-64GB of Flash memory storage
    • 1 GHz Apple-branded A4 chip (developed in-house)
    • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    • 802.11n WiFi
    • Built-in Speaker
    • Built-in Microphone
    • Accelerometer & Compass
    • 30-pin Dock connector (same as iPod and iPhone)
    • 10-hours of battery life (Over one month standby time)
    • Runs all iPhone apps
    • App Store application included

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Continuation...

This is sweet!!! No annual contract.

AT&T's no-contract iPad data plans run $15/mo. 250MB, $30 unlimited
    By AppleInsider Staff
    [SIZE=1]Published: 02:25 PM EST[/SIZE] Apple revealed it will remain a partner with AT&T for its iPad data plans, with the U.S. wireless carrier offering 250MB of data for $14.99 per month, and an unlimited plan for $30 -- both without an annual contract.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs said there are no international plans to reveal yet, but the company hopes to have them in place by the June-July timeframe. The device will come unlocked and will use GSM micro-SIM cards.

"We'll be back this summer with some even better deals for our customers internationally," he said.

Typically, he noted, cell phone companies charge $60 per month for their mobile data plans.

"We think we've got a real breakthrough here," Jobs said.

Jobs said the $14.99 250MB data plan is a "fair bit of data" that most people will "get by on." Both it and the $29.99 unlimited plan come with free access to AT&T's nationwide Wi-Fi hotspots.

"They have more Wi-Fi hotspots than anyone," Jobs said.

As a contract-free purchase, users can buy a 3G-enabled version of the iPad starting at $629. The AT&T network access can be purchased -- or canceled -- at any time directly from the iPad.

"We think it's a phenomenal offer," Jobs said.
    Source: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...unlimited.html

News link from CNN:
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/01/27/a...ex.html?hpt=T1
    Last edited by frenchtower; January 28th, 2010 at 05:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I thought this was one of those spam

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Not convinced... Maybe I am just too old school!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Not convinced... Maybe I am just too old school!
    Or just like me... I'm a techie but I don't like the iPod.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I honestly see this as Apple's response to Kindle. That is a nitch that tech companies just wants to fill in nowadays. It may or may not appeal to everyone, but you know Apple, they will still sell kaboodle units of this type. Note this doesn't have a built in camera.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^iba parin iPad compare to tab 10.1 I have both tab 10.1 and ipad2...

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^iba parin iPad compare to tab 10.1 I have both tab 10.1 and ipad2...

+1... i have friends who own tab 10.1's, but are ditching them in favor of the ipad 2.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ipad2 parin, especially kung kumpleto ka sa gamit sa bahay ng apple. Imac, apple TV, apple airport express etc.

Simple joys of a lazy sunday morning, watching an episode of History channel on youtube thru ipad, linked to airport express linked to apple TV connected to flatscreen tv with home theater system.. all being controlled with a flick of a finger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Apple IPAD thread