New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Parang kotse lang yan, if you don't know what you're getting into, don't go secondhand.

But secondhand PCs give tremendous value because of the heavy depreciation. I bought my Q6600 (2.4 GHz) secondhand, and have been using it for several years now, overclocked to 3.0 GHz at stock voltage.

My Asus P43 board which I bought bnew failed on me early on. I got a secondhand Foxconn P45, and it hasn't conked out despite years of overclocked use.

You just have to know which you can buy used (i.e. processors have very long lifespans) and which stuff you strictly have to buy new (i.e. hard drives).

I'm considering getting myself an i5-2500K and P67 board soon, definitely used. It's only 15% slower than the latest i5-4690K and Z97 board at just 1/3 the price. Overclocks better too.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    No

Boss Jut ill max out my budget to 15K... Hope you can make another build with video card and good for photoshop narin sana and i series na like i3, i5 ..

PCHub na ako dederetche wala naman ako alam sa gilmore.
    May parking yung store? Or baka may kilala kayo SA dun.
    Ganun pa rin suggestion ko - just get an AMD CPU because they have better integrated graphics than similarly priced Intels. Intel CPUs are faster but with crappier integrated graphics, AMD CPUs are slower but with better integrated graphics. What makes the AMD's better value is that they strike a better balance of CPU power and iGPU capability.

Even if the AMD CPU is slower than the equivalent Intel, it's still more than enough for Photoshop use or whatever CPU-intensive task. After all, AMD's A8 is a true quad-core, while the i3 is only a dual-core with Hyper-Threading (2 virtual cores).

For 15k, here's what I'll suggest:

CPU: AMD A8 7600 - P4,700
    Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2 - P2,600
    RAM: 8 GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3-1866 - P3,200
    Hard Drive: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda - P2,450
    Power Supply: Corsair VS450 - P1,700
    Case: Fractal Core 1000 - P1,700

Total: P16,350

You can opt not to get a case to fit in your 15k budget, since you have an existing case already. That build can already play Dota 2 on medium/high settings, and will take Photoshop with ease.

If you really want an Intel build, just change the CPU and motherboard to the ff:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 - P5,000
    MB: Gigabyte H81M-DS2 - P2,300

Net price is the same. You'll have a slightly faster CPU which you won't notice, but your Dota 2 performance will suffer as you can only play at low settings with this setup. It's a better platform though if you add a dedicated video card, but a decent video card like the nVidia GTX 750 Ti is around 6.5k, which puts you way out of budget.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thank you guys for all the efforts tulongan ako. Ngayon ko lang din nabasa mga bagong suggestion kagagaling ko lang gilmore okay padaw motherboard ko so suggestion nila upgrade nalang ako RAM Team elite 2GB dalawa pinalagay ko kaya 4 na, Video Card Asus GT730 2 GB DDR3 128bit, additional HDD 500 GB toshiba sata = 8,100 pesos lahat... What you think guys? And 1,300 pala for updgrade to windows 7..

Hindi ko pa natrymag dota2 . Panu ba mag dL nito? May steam nako.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1431595153411.jpg   1431595172363.jpg   1431595187094.jpg  

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you wanna go brand new, here's the cheapest I'll recommend that can play DOTA 2:

CPU: AMD A8 7600 (3.8 GHz, quad core) - P4,700
    Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2- P2,600
    RAM: 4GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3-1866 - P1,700
    PSU: Corsair VS450 - P1,700

Total: P10,300

You can reuse your old hard drive (it's most likely a 160GB or 250GB drive if it's from a 2008-era PC), case (most likely a generic case but that's fine since it's the parts that are important), DVD drive (you don't need it anymore actually since you can install everything via USB nowadays), and keyboard/mouse.

No more need for a video card since the CPU I recommended has good enough integrated graphics to run DOTA2 for a 1280x720 or 1440x900 monitor.

All of the parts I recommended are available at PCHub in Gilmore, in case you want a one stop shop.

If you want more opinions, I agree with testaments11's advice to go to TPC's Help Me Build My Rig thread. I used to post a lot there before too since I enjoyed helping people build the best PCs according to their budget and needs, but eventually didn't have time for it anymore.
    This. AMD integrated GPU is vastly superior to Intel's integrated GPU. If you have some money to spare, I recommend switching to SSD's. Probably the best upgrade money can buy for today's PC's.

Also, you can afford to forgo having powerful CPU's nowadays since most games depend more on graphics card power.
    Last edited by safeorigin; May 14th, 2015 at 10:02 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sobrang basura nung binenta nila sayong GPU. There are 3 GT 730s:

1. GT730 DDR3 128-bit (Kepler)
    2. GT730 DDR3 64-bit (Fermi)
    3. GT730 GDDR5

The GDDR5 version is the one that can play Dota 2 at high settings with high frame rates. The 64-bit Fermi version is also good enough for Dota 2. The 128-bit Kepler is based on older, inferior technology. I doubt your Dota experience will be nice, unless you dial down your settings significantly. It's not even better than the iGPU of AMD. Your Celeron CPU will also bottleneck your graphics because of its very low clock speed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    To be honest, if you're going DDR3 for your GPU, might as well go for an integrated GPU.

If you really wanna go for intel, I suggest getting Pentium G3258 and overclock it! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To be honest, if you're going DDR3 for your GPU, might as well go for an integrated GPU.

If you really wanna go for intel, I suggest getting Pentium G3258 and overclock it! :D
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    A G3258 is good for people who know what they're doing. Most people don't even know how to navigate their UEFI.

An i3 is a more sensible Intel option for non-enthusiasts, even if it's more expensive, since it's fast enough out of the box with no tweaking involved.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sobrang basura nung binenta nila sayong GPU. There are 3 GT 730s:

1. GT730 DDR3 128-bit (Kepler)
    2. GT730 DDR3 64-bit (Fermi)
    3. GT730 GDDR5

The GDDR5 version is the one that can play Dota 2 at high settings with high frame rates. The 64-bit Fermi version is also good enough for Dota 2. The 128-bit Kepler is based on older, inferior technology. I doubt your Dota experience will be nice, unless you dial down your settings significantly. It's not even better than the iGPU of AMD. Your Celeron CPU will also bottleneck your graphics because of its very low clock speed.
    Wala talaga ako idea bro jut. Sobra mahal ba nakuha ko? Tried Dota 2 watching livetournament sobra lag nakakalungkot naman hindi ko alam sa Dsl ba or sa PC parin. Ano ba dapat next step ko? Magkano ba talent mo bro hehehe. Medyo malakibpala monitor ko 17.5 inches x 10.5.... Nagtapon bako 9K ? Wew.
    Last edited by 3GEMS; May 15th, 2015 at 02:57 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    ^and again bro DDR2 lang daw pwede pair sa Mother board ko. Pwedo ko kaya parebuild sa kanila strictly sundin nalang yung mga pinost mo dito.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I think mukhang sayang ang iyong nagastos.

Tama si jut, sobrang bottleneck ng Celeron mo. Pwede na doon ang bottleneck mo ngayon. Pwedeng may maganda ka ngang video card pero kulang ka naman sa processing power. Kung nasunod mo yun advice ni jut, malamang ngiting abot hanggang tenga ka ngayon

Balik ka sa kanila at pwede mo naman paggawa sa kanila yun recommended build ni jut. Di ka naman nila siguro sisingilin ng labor fee dahil sa kanila ka naman bibili ng piyesa.

Tapos tanong mo na rin kung pwedeng palitan yun video card mo.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast