Oct 2002
    Originally posted by NoyPi
    How much did u pay for Valentine 1? Wala pa yata dito nyan
    sa EU. Meron bago dito, Target LRC 100.

Sabi nila, it actually jams the police's laser for five seconds,
    giving the motorist time to slow down. It's legality is
    something of a grey area though. Mahal pa at 349 pounds
    per kit. I think it's not worth it...

Sunod na lang ako sa speed limit... safe pa...

Ingat ka, friend!

You can buy Valentine1 I believe only on their website.

Valentine 1 site

I bought it for $ 399.00 + shipping cost. It's a real life saver dude...

Front, Side and Rear Detection...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by need4speed
    hehehe... auto? secret... lolz...
    pa secret secret ka pa. You should be proud of your bimmer bro. Show us some pic to drool! We know you've been wanting the bimmer, now is the time to show it off. :jump:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the v1 doesn't jam radar - its claim to fame is simply that it can tell you with greater accuracy exactly how many radars are present and where they are located.

it supposedly also blocks out false alarms better.

n4s, is it true that you've joined the bimmer club? pakita naman ng pics!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    the v1 doesn't jam radar - its claim to fame is simply that it can tell you with greater accuracy exactly how many radars are present and where they are located.

it supposedly also blocks out false alarms better.

n4s, is it true that you've joined the bimmer club? pakita naman ng pics!

M54... he wasn't saying the V1 has the jamming feature... he was talking about a Target LRC 100...

Bimmer club? hehehe... I was a member a few years back already... lol.. and as for right now? secret....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok...my apologies noypi - ok yan ah...i that might be illegal in the US but i wish i had something like that - all my tickets have been from radar :mad:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    la kang radar/laser detector dude?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by need4speed
    la kang radar/laser detector dude?
    wala pa eh...but hopefully will get one as either a valentine (ironic no? a valentine 1 for valentine's day) or a b-day gift ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just a quick sample of how I get away with ticket when I exceed the Maximum Speed Law (65MPH) on any California highway with the exception of the 70MPH limit:

1. This basic speed law states that a driver must always drive a safe speed for conditions. These conditions include: weather, visibility, traffic, and the surface and width of the highway. If these safe conditions permit us to drive slightly above the posted maximum, we argue here that it was not illegal to do so.

2. We needed to speed up momentarily to pass a car that had flashed it's lights at us. CVC 21753 "Yielding for Passing" requires that "the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal or the momentary flash of headlights by the overtaking vehicle...." In speeding up to clear traffic and move to the right to allow an overtaking vehicle to pass, we futher insist that other laws may momentarily require us to exceed the posted maximum.

3. If every one else is driving above 65MPH, then this law applies: The Minimum Speed Law states:"No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic...."

4. If I was spotted by an aircraft: "The police pilots gauge your speed by timing you across markers on the road that are visible from the aircraft. Your speed is then determined by calculating how long it took you to cross the know distance between the markers. This method constitutes an illegal speed trap under 40802(a)(1), because it is illegal to calculate a vehicle's speed using a time-distance calculation."

No need for radar/laser detector, yet I've won three cases including a HOV lane ticket which is a big deal in CA. I know in East coast, they know nothing about HOV (Car Pool Lane)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Peeps, can anyone help me out, I'm planning to purchase a laser/radar detector online, gagamitin ko dito sa pinas, dami na kasi may laser speed guns dito sa area namin, and sa nlex I believe radar naman ang gamit.
    I have several questions bago sana ako bibili,
    1. will these detectors give me advance warning, so that I can slow down, or will it just tell me if im already busted. (laser speed gun).
    2. will it still work despite my car being heavily tinted. (radar/laser)
    3. is it true? as mentioned above that I can block detction?
    4. what model would you recomend that i get. Im looking at a basic detector which sells for only 40 dollars online.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is there any currently active member of tsikot.com that owns and uses a speed radar/laser detector?

What brand and model are you using? How effective is it? Price?

Since I am already asking, anyone using jammers as well?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Anyone using speed radar/laser detectors? [MERGED]