New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, it's just not practical to own one here, there is virtually no place that you will need it, except for NLEX...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    IMO, it's just not practical to own one here, there is virtually no place that you will need it, except for NLEX...
    True but for speed addicts, having one would be more than handy. And I am sure there are some out there.

It is owning a 200 to 500 HP car is not "practical" in the city yet we see a lot of them time to time and over the weekends.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is owning a 200 to 500 HP car is not "practical" in the city yet we see a lot of them time to time and over the weekends.
    status symbol

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    status symbol
    Adrenaline addiction as well.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    True but for speed addicts, having one would be more than handy. And I am sure there are some out there.

thrill seekers (lalo na nung nawalan ng preno tsktsk turn off) haha!

baka puwede magpaimport sa ibang bansa haha mag aa la need for speed most wanted na me speed trap ayus yun:P

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At the moment I am in Subic having lunch at Mongkok.

Manila to Subic on this trip look an hour as I was travelling between 160kph to 210kph on nearly the entire length of NLEX/SCTEX. Departed Manila at 9:20am and arrived at Subic by around 10:20am.

My radar/laser detector was up and running but there wasn't a single beep during the expressway run to Subic. The only "hit" I got was at a certain Subic intersection on the "K" band.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nearing NLEX Bocaue exit (towards Manila), I was trying to keep pace with a rather fast red Corvette ahead. Suddenly my radar detector rang it's alarm and I slammed on the brakes to reach under 100kph.

Lo and behold, I spotted a white unmarked Toyota Innova was parked half-way hidden by some roadside bush, etc. as I drove by at 100kph.

At the NLEX tollbooths, the red Corvette was flagged to one side by the "cops" with ticket booklet in hand. I just joined the cue and drove off after I have paid the toll.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    During Aug 31, we were on our way home from Subic. At SCTEX I spotted a handful of white Hilux J and Innova J parked by the roadside. Sometimes, its a supposedly "broken down" Isuzu Crosswind or other AUV or Subic-smuggled-out-SUV (with the token bonnet up) but never a Picanto or Alto, etc...(or any vehicle where a person with a radar gun couldn't fit comfortably). Funny you don't see the drivers or passengers around the vehicle doing any sort of repairs or something, in fact there is no one outside.

Their favorite spot is to park right below a slope downwards. People usually go fast on an upward slope and drivers couldn't see what's on the horizon or road ahead until they hit the downward slope.

If you frequent NLEX or SCTEX very often, a radar is a worthy investment esp. if you like going fast. This will save you lots of hassle.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is my radar/laser detector:

Valentine1

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mga magkano po ang radar/laser detector?

Currently, this is not illegal, right? :D

Sa NLEX, SCTEx. I do my best to keep my speed below 120Kph. Typically mga 105 to 115. So far, wala pang huli. :D

Mas regular ako sa SLEX, so far, wala pa namna nang huhuli ng over speeding dito.
    Last edited by meledson; September 3rd, 2009 at 01:11 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Anyone using speed radar/laser detectors? [MERGED]