New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Its all about power to weight ratio, but manufacturers quote is that almost 9 out of 10 smaller engined cars are more economical as compared to the same body and spec car with a bigger engine. And it depends on driving habits and condition. i know that a 98 E230 is more of a gas guzzler than the E240 with a V6 engine as according to manufacturer specs.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If you ask me, I think over-powered is much better under-powered.

With the over-powered vehicle, it will go when you need it to go and you don't need to stomp on the accelerator to get the power you need.

But with an under-powered vehicle, you really have to stomp the accelerator which will put great stress on the engine, which is not good for the engine nor the fuel economy.

Hope this helps.

My two cents

kung traffic--aanhin mo naman ang over-powered ride mo...

so tama parin ang--having the right tool for the job

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    Overpowered + Light foot = Good Numbers.
    Underpowered + Light foot = Even Better! (as long as you dont mind travelling slooow)
    Correct to a point.

A higher powered car is more economical in traffic if you don't adjust your driving style for the lower-powered car. If you keep egging it on for better acceleration, you'll get much worse fuel economy than a more powerful car whose driver is taking it easy.

A lot of the fuel-efficiency problems with low-powered cars here has to do with transmission design. With the proper transmission, a low-powered car should get much better fuel economy in traffic and under acceleration, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkristopher View Post
    Same line ba kinukumpara?

Overpowered na.

It's better to have something & not need it, than need it & not have it.

mukhang pinanood ninyo ng maraming beses ang AVP sir a hehe..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    naiisip ko lang ^_^ underpowered+Turbo Kit = THE BEST ^_^

ksi experience ko sa Turbo Charged Engine ko ^_^ malakas sya lumamon pag piniga pero pag city driving tlgang tipid consumption.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ano mas matipid Over-powered car o Under-powered?