New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Anyways, thanks to those people who told me about Sights and Sounds in Shangri La. I called them a while ago and they have the Samsung full HD and it only cost 37k + 5k if I want the entertaintment system. That is way better compared to the 49,900 that SM Appliance Center is offering. So I guess I will stick with the one that has 1080p then.

Just be sure they have Samsung Philippines Warranty. They might sell you a grey-market unit, which is only covered by a in-store warranty.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Just be sure they have Samsung Philippines Warranty. They might sell you a grey-market unit, which is only covered by a in-store warranty.
    I inquired about warranty and the woman told me that it comes Samsung Philippines 1 year warranty. I guess it's all covered.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    HD Ready Vs Full HD

HD-Ready has NOTHING to do with resolution or anything else for that matter.....
    It is an HD TV set, but it comes WITHOUT a Hi DEF tuner.....

People that use Cable or Satellite systems don't need an HD tuner, so an HD-READY TV set works perfectly for them and they save money NOT BUYING the HD tuner....

Back in the HD Ready TV days that tuner was like $400 more!
    But ALL TV sets built today are HDTV sets with the HD tuner built in.....

So nowadays, the NATIVE RESOLUTION is the MAIN question to ask......

Is it 720 Native or 1080 Native? On small 26 to 32 inch TVs, 720 is good enough.....

But on 40 up to 73 inch, you WANT 1080P Native Resolution !
    You want to be able to SEE the nose hairs flipping back and forth on Paul Sr., when he RIPS into Paul Jr on American Chopper!
    It's funnier than crap....

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    HD Ready Vs Full HD

HD-Ready has NOTHING to do with resolution or anything else for that matter.....
    It is an HD TV set, but it comes WITHOUT a Hi DEF tuner.....

People that use Cable or Satellite systems don't need an HD tuner, so an HD-READY TV set works perfectly for them and they save money NOT BUYING the HD tuner....

Back in the HD Ready TV days that tuner was like $400 more!
    But ALL TV sets built today are HDTV sets with the HD tuner built in.....

So nowadays, the NATIVE RESOLUTION is the MAIN question to ask......

Is it 720 Native or 1080 Native? On small 26 to 32 inch TVs, 720 is good enough.....

But on 40 up to 73 inch, you WANT 1080P Native Resolution !
    You want to be able to SEE the nose hairs flipping back and forth on Paul Sr., when he RIPS into Paul Jr on American Chopper!
    It's funnier than crap....
    Haha that's funny. I didn't know you watch American Chopper too. I love watching that. Especially the episode where Sr. rammed his Expedition in their office.

Well, anyway, since there's a shop that sells a full HD at a price of 42k with 5.1 surround system, I think I would just stick to it though I couldn't really see the difference in terms of resolution since it's only 32".

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was scouting for a 32" LCD TV for my family this Christmas and the prices and promo of Samsung has caught my attention. One thing that's bothering me is should I get the full HD or HD ready? I asked the salesman on what's the difference, he told me that the full HD has 2 megapixel whereas the other only has 1.3 mp. Both units have promos wherein they come with the home theater system. The HD ready costs P42,900 and the Full HD costs P49,900.

That will be used mainly for watching news, HBO and all those other channels in cable and nothing fancy like playing games in it or using it as a PC monitor and all those stuff. Would I really see the difference between the two? Given that I would just mainly use it for watching shows, do you think I should just stay with the HD Ready? Please advise. Thanks!

OT questions.......may HD programs na ba ang mga cable company natin dyan sa Pinas?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OiC65 View Post
    OT questions.......may HD programs na ba ang mga cable company natin dyan sa Pinas?
    As far as I know, only National Geographic offers an HD show but not all. There was a time I saw one of their shows that has an HD on it. Other than NGC, I don't know any.

That's why they're saying that you couldn't really see the full potential of a 1080p resolution unless you buy an HD DVD or you have a Blue Ray disc player which is so expensive.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    As far as I know, only National Geographic offers an HD show but not all. There was a time I saw one of their shows that has an HD on it. Other than NGC, I don't know any.

That's why they're saying that you couldn't really see the full potential of a 1080p resolution unless you buy an HD DVD or you have a Blue Ray disc player which is so expensive.

Or you download it, and play it on your HD Player....

7101:hooray:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    OT

With our LCD TV, I bought a Samsung "HDTV compliant" DVD Player instead of the expensive BD players. These sets are capable (kuno) of "up converting" DVD discs to either 720p/1080i/1080p.

However, I can't see the difference between the results of playing DVDs via the component video and HDMI. Parang parehas lang video quality nya.......

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bumili ka na lang ng NMT (Network Media Tank). Media Player na capable of playing HD (mkv) files. They are real HD quality not upscaled DVD quality, free because these are pirated from defunct HD DVD, Blu ray or recorded from HD broadcast sa States. Easily downloaded through *******s. THe player cost 12k minus the hard disk. TheaterWorks sells this, the brand name is Popcorn Hour.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
32" HD Ready vs 32" Full HD