New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I was scouting for a 32" LCD TV for my family this Christmas and the prices and promo of Samsung has caught my attention. One thing that's bothering me is should I get the full HD or HD ready? I asked the salesman on what's the difference, he told me that the full HD has 2 megapixel whereas the other only has 1.3 mp. Both units have promos wherein they come with the home theater system. The HD ready costs P42,900 and the Full HD costs P49,900.

That will be used mainly for watching news, HBO and all those other channels in cable and nothing fancy like playing games in it or using it as a PC monitor and all those stuff. Would I really see the difference between the two? Given that I would just mainly use it for watching shows, do you think I should just stay with the HD Ready? Please advise. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Full HD ka na lang sir. Actually, bababa pa prices ng LCD this coming weeks and try to haggle pa for lower prices or get freebies.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Full HD ka na lang sir. Actually, bababa pa prices ng LCD this coming weeks and try to haggle pa for lower prices or get freebies.
    Ok sana ang full HD kaso malaki din kasi ung 7k then we'll only use it for watching news. Nasa work din kasi palagi. And, madami pang kasing bibigyan ng regalo ngayong pasko.hehe In my other post, I also couldn't decide on what monitor I should buy.hehe I asked the salesman if they would lower their prices when Christmas is near, he said probably that's the best that they could give this year. Baka daw next year pa bababa pag naglabas nanaman ng new models. I don't know, Christmas is still 2 weeks away so I guess I'll just take a survey first before finalizing my decision.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Ok sana ang full HD kaso malaki din kasi ung 7k then we'll only use it for watching news. Nasa work din kasi palagi. And, madami pang kasing bibigyan ng regalo ngayong pasko.hehe In my other post, I also couldn't decide on what monitor I should buy.hehe I asked the salesman if they would lower their prices when Christmas is near, he said probably that's the best that they could give this year. Baka daw next year pa bababa pag naglabas nanaman ng new models. I don't know, Christmas is still 2 weeks away so I guess I'll just take a survey first before finalizing my decision.
    Yun nga lang! hehehe! Pero ok naman siguro yun. Just make sure na lang na may HDMI input yung LCD TV na gusto mo.

Pansin ko nga puro LCD shopping ka ngayon ah! heheh! Good luck sir!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Yun nga lang! hehehe! Pero ok naman siguro yun. Just make sure na lang na may HDMI input yung LCD TV na gusto mo.

Pansin ko nga puro LCD shopping ka ngayon ah! heheh! Good luck sir!
    Thanks for your inputs, sir! Yup, it has 3 HDMI inputs.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    32" is too small to enjoy Full HD unless you seat extremely close. The screen is compressed enough that its hard to tell between the two. Standard NTSC signal usually looks bad in HDTV. Always demo before you buy...check if you can make out details in dark scenes which is one of the weakness of LCDs.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    32" is too small to enjoy Full HD unless you seat extremely close. The screen is compressed enough that its hard to tell between the two. Standard NTSC signal usually looks bad in HDTV. Always demo before you buy...check if you can make out details in dark scenes which is one of the weakness of LCDs.
    Thanks for your advise.

Let's say for example I watch a show/movie that is HD in a 32" HD ready, would I see the difference or would that even work?

By the way, if it's HD ready, do you happen to know how could I make it HD? Would it cost me 7k let's say for example I opted to go with the P42,900?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Thanks for your advise.

Let's say for example I watch a show/movie that is HD in a 32" HD ready, would I see the difference or would that even work?

By the way, if it's HD ready, do you happen to know how could I make it HD? Would it cost me 7k let's say for example I opted to go with the P42,900?
    Best way to go HD is either buy a Blu Ray Player or a NMT. Blu Ray is HD movies on disc, best player is Sony Playstation 3 (P26,000). Movies are hard to come by and still considered expensive (P1600-P1900 per disc). While NMT(Network Media Tank) is a media player which playbacks HD files(mkv) from P*rated sources such as Blu ray, defunct HD DVD or recorded HD broadcast from the US. Cost P12,000 w/o Hard Disk. NMT is the cheapest way to go HD since most retailers offer 1 TB (terabyte) or 100 free p*rated movies in full HD quality. Additional movies can be downloaded via ******* files...
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 6th, 2008 at 08:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Going back to the topic, i think it would be wise to spend for a HD ready TV than a full HD, specially since you are going to use it for cable shows lang. Di mo rin gagamitin ang feature.

Plus if you are not that sensitive about it, there is very little difference between and HD Ready with a Full HD in a 32" LCD TV. Full HD would be much appreciated on 40"+ LCD/Plasma TV. Full HD TV can accept 1080p signals and so does HD Ready TVs but it displays only 720p.

But if you could spend, then spend.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    "HD ready"... i hate hearing that term... it's like vista-ready... nonsense

pls post the model numbers so we can make a proper recommendation

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
32" HD Ready vs 32" Full HD