New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ganon?! ang laki ng chances ng renault to win the constructors championship. let's wait for the spanish grand prix. FERRARI is back!!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Something to think about...

Ralf accuses Ferrari over testing

Toyota driver Ralf Schumacher has criticised Ferrari for refusing to restrict their in-season testing.
    All nine other Formula One teams agreed to test on just 30 days this year to cut spiralling costs.

Schumacher said: "We restrict ourselves and Ferrari carry on testing happily. I don't understand this. What they are doing is unfair to everyone else.

"We're interested in F1 carrying on for a long time, while Ferrari are not. That's not the right way."

Ferrari chose not to sign up to the gentleman's agreement for two reasons.

They have concentrated their resources on testing, with two private test tracks and a full test team.

If Ferrari had won at Imola it would have been a hollow victory

And they say they are at a disadvantage because they are the only top team on Bridgstone tyres, while rivals Michelin have data from Renault, McLaren, BAR, Toyota and Williams to work from.

The Italian giants felt the benefits of their massive testing programme at the weekend, when Ferrari's Michael Schumacher bounced back from a poor start to the season to finish second in the San Marino Grand Prix.

Asked whether the testing deal is beginning to collapse, Toyota boss John Howett said: "I think it already has.

Schumacher 'back in title chase'
    "I don't think the other competitors can just sit there and accept Ferrari driving into the distance.

"We need to find some sort of compromise where there is either an equivalence or Ferrari join the remaining teams otherwise people will start to test remorselessly.

"I think they will force others to do that. I think it is a question of common sense."

BAR-Honda team chief Nick Fry added: "Frankly I'm glad (Fernando) Alonso won because if Ferrari had won it would have been a hollow victory and I would have felt very sorry for Renault.

"It would have been fairly un-sportsmanlike in some ways had Ferrari revelled in a victory when we have handicapped ourselves deliberately by [limiting testing] to keep costs down.

"Ferrari are flaunting that and this is the result.

"BAR have done more testing than any other team, but Ferrari have done 85% more miles than we have by totally ignoring the gentleman's agreement between the teams and putting themselves in a better position.

"Ferrari undoubtedly will start winning. You cannot test in the way they test with their resources and not benefit versus the rest of us. It was inevitable they would come back."

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    There is politics in F1. Ferrari's petition to ban wider front Michelin tyres last 2003 worked in their favor. Michelin teams were required to reduce the width of their front tyres from the Italian GP onwards. This is probably another reason why Michael narrowly won the WDC (other than his elf setting-up Montoya in the US GP).

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    bakit ganun? kung talo si Schumi, wala ka maririnig sa mga kalaban team but kung nanalo naman, 2nd pa - ang dami nila sinasabi...

what a bunch of whiners!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk tsk tsk...

with that, I hope Ferrari wins them all.

that is just a gentleman's agreement... not an FIA ruling...

heck, without Schumi challenging Button & Alonso, the Imola GP would have been a really boring race. the time gaps between the cars are just so big that there was no competition to speak of.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; May 3rd, 2005 at 10:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
San Marino GP 2005