New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    25/01/05 - 16:21]

Raikkonen reprimanded by McLaren
    Whitmarsh wants to protect his team's image

For the past few weeks, Kimi Raikkonen has made the headlines with his actions away from the race tracks. The young Finn's explosive parties made the news and his drinking sprees don't fit very well with the impeccably professional image of the McLaren Mercedes team.

At the introduction of the new McLaren MP4-20, some journalists tried to learn more about these incidents and Raikkonen replied: "I know where you are trying to go now but it doesn't make me any slower," said the Finn to ITV. "It's my private life so what I do in the car is completely different because I am for sure giving everything that I can to the team. It's part of life. You cannot always believe all the things in the newspaper..."

McLaren's Chief Executive Officer Martin Whitmarsh is taking the news seriously and will take the time to have a talk with Raikkonen.

"I'm aware of the media coverage that Kimi received over the course of the weekend," mentioned Whitmarsh to ITV. "Certainly that's not a welcome thing, either for Kimi or the team. Even if they [the reports] are not entirely true, the perception is extremely negative and that's something that we have to take seriously."

"We've got a whole range of multi-national brands that are associated with our team and they don't invest in Formula 1 for this sort of imagery. We'll take whatever steps to ensure that Kimi understands the seriousness of the situation. I think he does and perhaps there was a touch of naivete about what happened here and he's learning that as a reputation starts to develop, you've got to be ultra- sensitive about having fun in a public place."

Hugo GIGUERE
    © CAPSIS International

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Have you guys seen the 'horns' attached to JP Montoyas car??? sana ilagay nila sa final version of the car..GANDA!!! (anong gamit pala niyan?)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I dont think that will be allowed by the FIA rules.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Allowed yan :-) It adds more downforce and smoothens the airflow to the rearwing..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Prediction is that Renault and Mclaren has a very good package and will beat Ferrari in Melbourne. Dalawang Linggo na lang umpisa ulit ang circus!

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Hmmm.. based on the latest testing times from Barcelona, Renault looks stronger than Mclaren this year... yung question is can either team (specially the engine guys) ensure that the whole package lasts the distance...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Pic of new Mclaren 2005 Challenger and some Kimi news