New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O ayan, binigyan na kita ng intro don para mag-post...... neutral na lang ako since am also a big fan of yours. Hayaan ko na lang sila ang sumagot sa yo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Macky,

Hehehe. Wala ka kasi dun sa YM chat nung napag-usapan ito. We have nothing against CR-V's. It was the definition of off-roading that we were talking about.

Parang wala pa sa kalahati ng potential ng CR-V yung trail na tinatackle niya, eh.

Read the thread. I have full confidence as to what the CR-V can do off-pavement. Calling that stroll in the woods he had (with an LC100 no less!) off-roading seems like such an overkill.

Ayun lang po. No car-makes were intentionally harmed in the making of this thread.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okay. No need to have a forum war here.

Macky,

First off.... Otep is sensitive enough to post a disclaimer of sorts that this thread is NOT about the CR-V and is about OFF-ROADING or it's possible definitions.

What is being discussed here is the DIFFERENCE of the term's usage in your CR-V forum and OUR usage of the term here in DC.ORG.

The sentiments posted here in TAGALOG, reflect the sentiments of individuals which obviously, we have no control of. If they see the said pics and think that that's not offroading, well theyre free to post their opinions as they please, just like what youre doing now.

And once and for all, No one here Hates the CRV!!! How many times should we mention that?

I just find it odd that some people INSIST that offroading (in the DC.Org sense) in the CRV is possible. I mean, come on..... Lets be realistic here! Even with RT4WD, no one even dared to bring a CRV anywhere these guys went.

Do we really have to blow this up? Do we need to explain anything to you. Do YOU need to explain anything to us? I dont think so. If the guys in your forum want to criticize anything you find in ours your'e free to do so.

If one person or one forum, for that matter, disagrees with the content of another, what's wrong with discussing it?

As a moderator you should know that!

And finally..... i suggest you visit the 4x4 forum of autoindustriya.com...... you'll just absolutely love the comments they post there.
    Last edited by pajerokid; August 12th, 2003 at 02:04 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Who said anything about dishing crap? Tsikot.com is just about friendly banter over issues or topics in and around the automotive world.

Just gauging the response of the peeps here as to what off-roading is really isn't that evil, is it?

I just found it a bit humorous when I stumbled upon it while helping my friend out with her 'V. I mean (based on the photos), that was just a walk in the park for a CR-V (more so for the LC100) accompanying it. Even mbt's CR-V will take on that terrain.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh, and dont forget.... we have a THRIVING CR-V community here. Why dont you post a link to that? I hope things are not MADE to appear as they are not.

Ilagay lang natin sa lugar kasi..... oh i have to post in English nga pala....Lets just put things in their proper place.

OK pare? Now, lets observe delicadeza in cyberspace :D

Peace.
    Last edited by pajerokid; August 12th, 2003 at 02:17 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First-off, I respect what you guys call real off-roading. Secondly, the original thread is in another board...... thirdly, and this is a fact..... the thread was bashed! Lastly, PK you're right.... who am I kdding about the V's offroading ability. Nobody hates the CR-V..... it just doesn't belong here.

Have a good day and thanks to PK for putting things in their proper perspective!
    Last edited by Macky; August 12th, 2003 at 02:23 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walanjo itong si PK tinulugan ako. Now who will translate my posts? Shet man! hehehehe.

Ako na lang ata ang naniniwala sa off-road abilities ng CR-V dito, ha. Sayang hindi ko nakita ang flying 'V ni Mrs. Bubbles. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In fairness to all cute utes and IFS/IRS SUVs, they DO perform much much better in high speed dirt offroading. Much much more comfortable than our bigger rigs.

Nakwento ko na ba? I once took my sis' SXA10 and just ran it through the dirt field at the fort.

This is where the IFS/IRS setup really rocks! Partida, no air-down pa yun!

Every vehicle specializes is something I guess...

Now, If only i can get my filthy hands on a Gen3.....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    IMO, any 4wd vehicle, even so called soft 4wd's can go to all the places mentioned here. the problem is the damage it will sustain. like i mentioned before some people here use CR-V to go to their farms where their pajeros, patrols, and pick-ups also go. its how long the vehicle will survive the pounding. ex. sa hi-lux all that will be damaged will be leaf spring bushings, sa soft 4wd's may ball joints, tie rods, suspension arms, cv joints and the like. so its the owner's risk na if he wants to go real off roading.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Off-roading?