New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/130920...ed-points.html

Season 2007 - McLaren fined and docked points

Eurosport - Thu, 13 Sep 23:39:00 2007

McLaren have been thrown out of this year's constructors' championship and fined $100 million (£49.2 million) following the outcome of their FIA hearing relating to Formula One's spy scandal in Paris.
    FORMULA 1 2007 Ron Dennis, juicio de la FIA sobre el espionaje de McLaren - 0

Crucially though, British superstar Lewis Hamilton and his Spanish team-mate Fernando Alonso, have been allowed to keep the points they have scored in the drivers' championship and retain their first and second places in the championship.

The constructors' ban is bad news for McLaren, who had been leading the championship, and also means that, should the team win any more races this year, no team representative will be allowed onto the podium to collect the team's trophy.

It also means that the team is certain to miss out on any prize money dished out this year, in addition to the benefits afforded to the top ten teams in the points, such as travel subsidies

The FIA said in a statement: "The WMSC (World Motor Sports Council) has stripped Vodafone McLaren Mercedes of all constructors points in the 2007 FIA Formula One world championship and the team can score no points for the remainder of the season," the FIA said.

"Furthermore the team will pay a fine equal to $100 million, less the FOM income lost as a result of the points deduction," it added.

The fine is the largest ever imposed in Formula One and possibly the largest in sport overall.

Additionally, their 2008 car, which is already well into it's production stage, will have to undergo a stringent FIA examination to ensure none of Ferrari's 'intellectual property' has been used, before the team will be allowed to race it.

Team boss Ron Dennis left the FIA headquarters without making any comment but is expected to speak on the matter later on.

McLaren are expected to appeal the decision.

Jamie O'Leary / Eurosport
    haaay grabe yung fine largest in history.
    what u think -_-

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    serves them right! sobra naman kase ginawa nila.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    At least di na affected yung Driver Championship points nila Alonso at Hamilton. Now they can get it on and race. Will Alonso take advantage of the situation and leave Mclaren at the end of the year?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hmmmm.........poor maclaren

i'll wait next year for them to win it again

i am not really sold that ferrari is that clean....nadulas na nga yung dati nilang driver eh hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ouch... let's wait until two days later for the full report that will explain in detail why McLaren got this very harsh penalty.

If you remember, in the first hearing they didn't merit any penalty... but with the new evidence presented... wow... this must be really B-I-G. From no penalty to a constructor's ban plus a $100M fine.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ron Dennis is claiming that no new evidence has surfaced and that he would still continue to support his drivers.

Of note in this case:

-the FIA still have yet to prove that any of the data transferred between Stepney and Coughlan was used in the current McLaren. They will also review all data on the 2008 car to see if anything from Ferrari was used in that one.

-no fines for the drivers. They can still compete for championship points.

-the FIA will check the McLarens before the next race to look for any Ferrari-sourced items or design. RD is confident they won't find any at all.

-----

Of note... Toyota was caught stealing Ferrari data before... why weren't they fined this big?

-----

Ah, the endless drama of F1... the endless cheating...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HUGE penalty. the message is basically that the whole season's worth of success for the team was wiped out because the FIA thought the cheating was THAT bad...

...ano kayang cooperation/ tulong/ ebidensya ang binigay ni Alonso at Hamilton to escape penalties of their own? :banana3: ??

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmmm...shouldn't Alonso and Hamilton be penalized also since they benefited from this act of McLaren? IMO, I won't buy the idea that he drivers didn't know a thing about what McLaren is doing "behind the pitstop". However, these two might just be highly-paid pawns in McLarens game.

Hmm...let's wait for the report.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Hmmm...shouldn't Alonso and Hamilton be penalized also since they benefited from this act of McLaren? IMO, I won't buy the idea that he drivers didn't know a thing about what McLaren is doing "behind the pitstop". However, these two might just be highly-paid pawns in McLarens game.

Hmm...let's wait for the report.
    From what I've read, they were spared from any penalty since they cooperated with giving new evidence against McLaren.

Though they should have been penalized also even if that was the case... half of your driver's championship points should be fun. :lol:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My Canadian boss here told me that there is evidence that there is one person who is an operator of a photocopying machine who photocopied the 200++ pages ferrari manual and he thought that the documents were unusual so he told someone and so on...

Not sure if this is true ha...don't quote me on this but if it is indeed true - how stupid can you get and photocopy them in a photocopying shop.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
McLaren Trial