New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Kimi Raikkonen: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimi will stay with McLaren

6 21.43%
  • Kimi will move to Renault

3 10.71%
  • Kimi will move to Ferrari

19 67.86%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dami tsismis sa f1 let's wait and see. firm to my assessment. kimi to ferrari, schumi will go for the championship this season then bye bye O.T. still a mc laren fan here whoever ron dennis signed (alonso likely). walang iwanan since the time of great ayrton senna, honda and mika hakinnen.
    Last edited by XTO; August 4th, 2006 at 12:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some interesting news from f1racing.net

Mercedes to keep Raikkonen at McLaren?
    16 August 2006

Following news that Mercedes will buyout McLaren, rumours are circulating that the carmaker has offered Raikkonen $64 million (US) to stop him from going to Ferrari for at least another two years. This adds another twist in the tale to the Finn's future considering the drawn out speculation over a supposed option that Ferrari has on the 26 year old.

The possible retention of Raikkonen at McLaren was reported in Germany's popular daily newspaper 'Bild' on Wednesday, who are also keen to fuel speculation that Mercedes are about to increase its stake in the Woking-based team.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    unreliable cars ng mclaren ang isa sa mga factors kung bakit lilipat si kimi.

pero according to fernando, he will have the fastest car in 2008...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hens View Post
    [b]From F1 Live:
    "If Flavio gets the funding it means that Renault has renewed insterest in keeping the string of victories going... which means Alonso might have made a bad move?"
    Looks like it. I see that the best move for Kimi is to go to either Ferrari or Renault as Mclaren is not in its usual level of competition.

Poor Alonso, from what we are seeing now,- it appears to be a bad move... Well, let's sit back and watch.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Poor Alonso, from what we are seeing now,- it appears to be a bad move... Well, let's sit back and watch.
    I think it was reported that Alonso made the switch to McLaren at the time because Renault was on the brink of axing its F1 program altogether due to corporate cost restructuring brought about by declining sales. Alonso was never given assurance that Renault will still be in F1 by 2007.

When Renault made its commitment to F1 around summer this year, obviously Alonso already made a deal with McLaren. That's why Briatore is wooing Alonso back to Renault (although a remote possibility due to his already inked McLaren contract --- though Renault can buyout his contract if they want to).

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I am beginning to agree with you and with the engine freeze next year, what you see now will probably the status quo next year. Arrrggghhhh....

I personally voted Raikkonen will join Renault, but from the news I am hearing lately, I think I have made a wrong prediction.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    OT: Can Alonso still manage to make a Button-move?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    See my login name, its my daughters name..

I got it from raikkonen... actually my wife taught of it not me.

Mukhang mas maganda ang future ni kimi sa ferarri!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    OT: Can Alonso still manage to make a Button-move?
    Yes he can. Although that will make Ron Dennis very rich.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Raikkonen Didn't Take Johnny Walker's advise

Mon 21 Aug, 9:06 AM

Renowned party-animal Kimi Raikkonen found himself in a spot of bother prior to Formula One's three-week August break.

The Finn, who is rumoured to have now signed a definitive Ferrari contract for 2007, joined the Red Bull team for a post-race party after the Hungarian Grand Prix earlier this month.

But German newspaper Bild am Sonntag reports that Raikkonen became so drunk that he lost his wallet - containing more than (US)$7500, his drivers' license, identification documents and his passport.

Predictably, the 26-year-old driver ran into trouble the following day when attempting to leave the country.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/21082006/...en-pocket.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
It's Time to place your bets on Raikkonen