New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    any drifters out there? i will be retireing to laguna soon and would like to find some fellow drifters to hang out with. I also need help importing my car if possible.

Last edited by Cardiac6669; October 21st, 2006 at 06:37 PM. Reason: pic

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are quite a few drifting clubs and organizations here, but it's not as big as in the US, I think.

There's the DMF garage in Quezon City (corner of Katipunan and Boni Serrano (the road coming from Crame)) that sets up drifting cars. I don't know about a Laguna group, though... lots of draggers in our area, but I haven't met any drifters yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I think DMF is the only Drifting club and shop I know.For me its better if you create another club for drifting since there is only a few clubs for drifting.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I plan to start my own club... i've also been thinking of building a track for Drift/grip. You guys know anyone who may be able to help me with import info? Does that shop have a website?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't know if they have a site.

Lots of shops have import connections already, but the better known ones tend to be pricey.

Drift tracks? Usually, events are held in parking lots and on the bigger tracks like Subic or BRC. There aren't many dedicated tracks in the Metro because of land prices and upkeep, but if you can get a big, bald patch of concrete, you're set.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i've got a couple of houses in laguna.... i'd probably try to build near there.... hows the market on japanese rear wheel drive cars in the philippines?

180SX,200SX,240SX
    A31 Cefiro, C33 Laurel
    AE86 Corrola (levin or Trueno Hachi-Roku), Supra, 1990's Mark II, 1990's Cresida
    SA2,FD or FC RX7

I can get all my parts now and ship them before i go. I just dont know what kind of cars are available and not too pricey.... dont want to spend too much on a body that i may wreck. I have a 450 HP SR20DET 180SX now. If i can manage to get a nissan listed above or a Corolla, I can just send all my stuff i have.

P.S. thanx for all the info... my wife doesnt know anything about cars

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac6669 View Post
    i've got a couple of houses in laguna.... i'd probably try to build near there.... hows the market on japanese rear wheel drive cars in the philippines?

180SX,200SX,240SX
    A31 Cefiro, C33 Laurel
    AE86 Corrola (levin or Trueno Hachi-Roku), Supra, 1990's Mark II, 1990's Cresida
    SA2,FD or FC RX7

I can get all my parts now and ship them before i go. I just dont know what kind of cars are available and not too pricey.... dont want to spend too much on a body that i may wreck. I have a 450 HP SR20DET 180SX now. If i can manage to get a nissan listed above or a Corolla, I can just send all my stuff i have.

P.S. thanx for all the info... my wife doesnt know anything about cars
    Cheapest option probably either the the A31 Cefiro(typical price about 130k), the 1997-98 S14 200sx is in the 500k more or less range and the local release comes only with an auto tranny.
    AE86 is also available but not cheaply considering the age of the car and the state you normally will find it in.
    I've got a friend with a converted to LHD Toyota Soarer(Lexus SC300 but different engine) with a 1jzgtte who's selling it for 450k.
    Supra, I'll just point you in the direction of locally released 98 or 99 unit with a 2jgztte if you want.

The closer the track to Manila is the better it will be in terms of helping the sport grow, imo.
    Only the most hard core fan will travel far to watch on a regular basis.
    The participants on the other hand will do so if budget allows.
    I've been to all 3 official competitions so far.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P.S. A bigger car like the s13/14/a31 is much more entertaining to watch when drifting vs a smaller car like the AE86.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto_Xer View Post
    P.S. A bigger car like the s13/14/a31 is much more entertaining to watch when drifting vs a smaller car like the AE86.
    I agree... i like drifting a 4 door the best... but if all i can find in the philippines is a Corolla.... i will have a 500HP sr20DET Corolla hehehe
    :drive1:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, some drifters are doing that already. I've seen SR20DETs in AE86s and 70's Sprinters (that one's so small, it should spin like a top... )

Drift-worthy platforms that are easiest to get here are the A31 and the S14. AE86 prices here just aren't worth the hassle of restoring and modifying the car to drift-able condition.

Cressidas? Lots... RWD 70's Celicas, Starlets, etcetera...

Basically, yeah, just ship your motor over, and maybe even your suspension mods, and you can shoe-horn them into any platform you can think of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Drifters?