New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Anyone use to go to greenhills around 1979 or 1980 for drag racing?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    tapos tambay sa halfway inn?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I tried to watch once. The races happenes around 3 am. We went early anticipating a show. It took a while because cops were around & racers had to negotiate with them. Some car owners would have designated drivers. The prizes were often money, sometimes the cars & I heard that there are times the GF's were included in the pot, though I'm not so sure how true it is.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    parang ganon nga din naririnig ko dati na pati gf minsan kasama sa pusta.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    yeah gf ano lang joke lang. Maybe it happen once or 2 times pero halos karamihan joke lang. Usually at 10 pm umpisa ang drag race then if may pulis they go to another area or wait till 3 am.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    ang naabutan ko yung sa park and shop sa paranaque

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ako naman sa macapagal pag inuumaga ako ng uwi dati. pati iyong mga motorcycle nakikidrag race din dati

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dolengleng View Post
    Anyone use to go to greenhills around 1979 or 1980 for drag racing?
    I didn't drive. But, some of my friends had cars (Celeste and the new box-style Lancer) and they'd take me along with them. We always had to watch out for the curfew. One time, the cops crashed the party and we scattered. A friend and I lost our ride in the confusion and we ended up walking home. I still recall walking along that highway headed to Alabang around 3 am.

No cops. I guess they didn't expect people to be walking by the expressways. *Back then, there were very few buildings. Most of the area between EDSA and Alabang were still grass fields.* It was morning and daytime when we reached Alabang.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 3rd, 2016 at 04:30 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I didn't drive. But, some of my friends had cars (Celeste and the new box-style Lancer) and they'd take me along with them. We always had to watch out for the curfew. One time, the cops crashed the party and we scattered. A friend and I lost our ride in the confusion and we ended up walking home. I still recall walking along that highway headed to Alabang around 3 am.

No cops. I guess they didn't expect people to be walking by the expressways. *Back then, there were very few buildings. Most of the area between EDSA and Alabang were still grass fields.* It was morning and daytime when we reached Alabang.
    wow naging bestfriend mo siguro yan kasama mo maglakad
    imagine bro mas mabilis pa yata lakarin noon vs. ibyahe ngayon sa rush hour plus payday friday, yung white plains to alabang

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    wow naging bestfriend mo siguro yan kasama mo maglakad
    imagine bro mas mabilis pa yata lakarin noon vs. ibyahe ngayon sa rush hour plus payday friday, yung white plains to alabang
    White Plains to Alabang is around what, 26 to 27 km? That would be 16 to 17 miles. I know I can walk 7 miles in 2.5 hours. I've done it many times. 17 miles would take around..... 6 maybe 7 hours? Reaching Alabang at first light sounds about right.

As for best friend.... Yes. He's my best friend. We were supposed to be at his house and not running around the metro at night.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast