New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Im that crazy enough to try this..
    kaya sinubukan ko kanina..
    mahirap timingan ang pag angat ng pangalawang clutch.
    kung sabihin natin na naka turbo ang makina at ang peak torque nya nasa 6000 rpm sa 5000 rpm ko ba bibitawan ang pangalawang clutch?

kasi sinubukan ko sa peak at around 5700rpm nangamoy ang clutch ok eh. di kumapit. at below 4000 rpm parang bitin kung aarangkada kaagad pagkatapos ng corner.

siguro lang kailangan ng practice.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    double de clutch is in other words losing power at a certain time!!! during racing, you should minimize the use of clutch. pressing a little bit longer or pressing it twice will loose you power on that moment. so i dont get the idea why double pumping the clutch??? downshifting doesnt need to be pumped twice not unless meron problema sa haydraulic clutch system mo....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    okay...i sound stupid..but...i am lost..anyhow...no need to do this..i dont race naman eh ..hehehheh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jojo_mouth2 : you cannot downshift outright pag galing ka sa high gear at highspeed (masisira gears mo). kaya tinatawag na double-clutching is that yung unang apak sa clutch you place the stick to neutral then depress, apak sa accelerator to match the revs of the engine and transmission (take note galing ka sa high gear at highspeed) then apak ulit sa clutch and place the stick to lower gear then depress the clutch.
    Last edited by jim; November 17th, 2004 at 03:32 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But that's for non-synchro racing boxes only, right?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i'm lost din! pero... par aaralan ko toh!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by niky
    But that's for non-synchro racing boxes only, right?
    yup ;)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ok... forget that, then, I'll just continue practicing my heel and toe. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madalas kong gawin yan nung 80's......

dun sa pampasadang jeepney nung barkada ko...hehehehe

kapag minsan nga eh triple clutch pa eh dahil ayaw talagang pumasok nung kambyo from 2nd to 3rd gear......

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    i mean, anong kaibahan ng double-clutching technique sa pag-blip ng throttle with the clutch depressed? hindi ba pareho lang yung labas nun sa blipping the throttle in neutral with the clutch not pressed?
    No. Double de-clutching involves blipping the throttle in neutral with the clutch released. Blipping the throttle with the clutch depressed is simply called "Rev Matching". Both are similar but NOT the same.

In the olden days, when transmissions didnt have gear synchronizers (to synchronize the speed of the gear and the shaft), drivers had to d-d-c to prevent the 'dogs' from wearing prematurely. Nowadays, ddc'ing is used only to smoothen the downshift (no need for ddc on upshifts), and to minimize wear on the synchros, but is not absolutely necessary.

Rev-matching, on the other hand, is merely to minimize the torque shock in the drivetrain and the tires. For example, the car is coasting in neutral at say 60 mph, then you drop the clutch while the trans is in 4th gear. It's not gonna hurt anything but with the engine idling at 700 rpm, you force it to spin at 2,400 in a very suddenly because the transmission input shaft (connected to clutch assembly) is spinning at that speed in 4th gear at 60 mph. But if you blip the throttle ( you really cant match the transmission input shaft and the engine perfectly because there is no rpm counter for the transmission input shaft), by the time you release the throttle, the engine will have decelerated to close to 2,400 rpm, thus minimizing the shock of engaging with the tranny.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
double clutching?