New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    medyo unconstitutional naman ata yan i-regulate yun gas guzzlers ...
    di naman iba-ban eh. regulate lang. i bet those gas-guzzling SUV owners have more than one car. why not encourage them to use their vehicles that consume less gas. kung tayo nagsakripisyo sa odd-even scheme to ease traffic, why not sacrifice on saving gas? but pls don't just focus attention on auto racing.
    Last edited by mantoy; September 7th, 2005 at 05:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong kalokohan nanaman yan!

tama! dapat bawasan ung mga gas guzzlers nila, tapos ung mga convoy bawasan na rin. dapat yan si gma o kaya ung ibang officials na t-tv na gumagamit ng mga gas guzzlers e. dapat pati siya magtipid din para maraming gumaya.

anak ng tupa, ang daming pwede gawin pati kinalilibangan ng marami papakialaman pa nila. dadami nanaman maangas sa kalsada nito pag hating gabi.

tsk tsk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Gobyerno talaga gamot kabayo! Napaka-daming paraan para maka-tipid sa gasolina at kung anu-ano pang energy source...

Tax breaks for < 1.6L cars to make them cheaper. Conversely, > 2.0L cars should be taxed heavier at purchase. (I'm sure many will object, but hey, if you can afford it, you're rich. Plus it's just a suggestion.)

Improve provincial areas so that more people will move back there, and will not need air conditioning daily. I know this because I am from the province.

Improve public transport so that more people are encouraged to take buses/LRT/MRT instead of bringing their cars.

Toll-free lanes for cars with four passengers or more at SLEX and NLEX.

Marami pa ayaw ko na lang mag-isip hehe. Opinion lang po...
    Last edited by the_wildthing; September 8th, 2005 at 02:13 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Improve public transport so that more people are encouraged to take buses/LRT/MRT instead of bringing their cars.
    this is long overdue. kung gusto talaga ng gobyerno ma-encourage mga tao to stop using their cars is to improve our mass transit system. the MRT in EDSA is pathetic. mas maganda pa yung MRT on aurora blvd going to recto with bigger trains, ticket vending machines, multiple entry/exit points, etc.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe...what a played out and unoriginal political tactic - kung gustong magpapansin, take the action or position that pisses off the least amount of people, regardless of how effective it is.

all of the suggestions in this thread are better, but this way the admin can say that they did something to conserve gas, but without upsetting the voting masses

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sana magpasok na lang mga manual transmission, puro automatic transmission na lang ata mga bagu cars ngaun

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I don't get it.. I mean, really, how would banning actually conserve fuel? is this their long-drawn solution to our woes? please...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    solution ito ng mga mangmang.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I suddenly feel depressed thinking that our government, after much deliberation on how to save gas for the Philippines, came up with THIS!??! ye gads!

Im sure there are a LOT more gasoline being wasted idling around in traffic than at race events... which is why I opted (almost begged) for a non-regular work schedule hehehe

But I'm sure if this ban goes thru that we will definitely see a rise on the illegal races being held on the streets. And am sure their solution here naman is to put up more police patrols (these vehicles use gas by the way :-P ) unless of course, they opted to use bicycles instead to save gas ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stupid move

the problem with gas is not a shortage which can be solved by rationing or banning gas guzzlers. world market forces are driving the price up. kahit anong tipid natin sa gas(as a country and individually) di pa rin bababa yung presyo.

so whoever owns the gas guzzlers will have to save it in his own way or pay up for the gas.

i am however in favor of getting rid of mayor's/senator's and minimizing the presidents convoys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
A Ban on Racing?