New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i think the championship will boil down to the tyre manufacturer that produces
    the faster tyre over a race distance. of course, the team must also pick the right compound for each race weekend to win. with that said, i'd bet schumi will win. bridgestone has caught up with michelin and schumi is almost unbeatable at suzuka and he's no slouch either at interlagos. so that leaves only china were alonso has a better chance than him.

alonso's remark about schumi being the most unsportsmanlike driver of all time was way way below the belt. although it may be true, but come on, give the guy a break. this is his last year. and to think that he made the statement after having an engine blowout. he's got a short fuse and people will turn away from him. i know i have. what a sore loser.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    now that you've mentioned tires, i've been wondering... just how often exactly do bridgestone/michelin come up with "new" rubber? every race ba they try out a brand new prototype? kasi parang ang bilis naman ng turnaround kung ganun...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^
    everyday silang nagtetest/nagdedevelop ng mga rubbers nila
    meron na silang mga data about sa mga venues ng race.

then maybe marami silang researchers/engineers para
    mabilis nilang maanticipate ang isang venue. tingin ko 1 year silang
    ahead sa developments wahahha

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i will go for Alonso winning the championship.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    yeah, alonso's really got a short fuse.. but then interesting sya as a champion. magaling tlga. parang kobe bryant si alonso. tas si schumi si jordan. alonso's good but not quite in the level of schumi yet in terms of experience and achievements.

but then, schumi isn't clean also. he's one BIG cheater. dami na nya ginawang pandaraya whether he claims it to be an accident or not. so there. interesting din syang champion.

IMHO, alonso is one head strong SOB. lakas tlga. don't see that in Kimi.

ALONSO n RENAULT all the way!!!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hope Schumi can get his final DC in his last dance.

May next year pa naman si FA.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm for Alonso but Schumi seems to have a significant advantage. The Ferrari was stronger since the USGP, and the banning of mass dampers apparently affected Renault a lot. Even the McLarens are sometimes faster than them.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    this is schumis last hurrah before hanging his skills... i believe he want an ending to his illustrious carreer with a big bang... so schumi with hairline margin...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    What I said isnt absolute, but rather I relay what I remember seeing when I watch the race on tv or read about from the net. And no, I'm not selectively remembering things. However, its good you point out more of Alonso's "unsporting" behavior on track, since it only validates what I said earlier about Alonso having a short fuse along with his growing notoriety for poor conduct.
    Alonso should mellow down with age.... Everyone older than him passed this stage....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Poll time na!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Alonso or Schumi?