New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nye. nahuli ako sa balita ah. schumi lost? so wala na sa kanya yung overall championship?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nye. nahuli ako sa balita ah. schumi lost? so wala na sa kanya yung overall championship?
    He he, Alonso is such a party-pooper dont you think?

Seriously I think his "putting the pressure on" tactic works. It worked
    for Raikkonen last year and it certainly contributed to MS's DNF this
    race in Suzuka. I even think his "pressure" on the last GP (Chinese GP)
    made a small contribution which finally took its toll on Schumi's car
    on Lap 17.

Certainly MS can feel the pressure from Alonso. FA was only 5 seconds
    off pace from Schumacher's car with 6 seconds at the most on some turns.
    Also Schumi had just come off the pits freshly fuelled and with new tires.
    I would imagine (again this is only speculation) that he may have revved
    his engine a bit much on the laps in the hope of more quickly heating his
    tires to the correct operating temperature for that spec.

Unfortunately for him that may have been 1 rev to many and total engine
    failure ensued. I guess playing this tactic is a two edged sword for
    Alonso could have DNF'd as well. However he was attacking, Schumi was not
    so he has the advantage to pick the battle of his own choosing. Accelarating
    in one turn (or pretending to accelerate) to panic Schumacher to make a
    mistake.

Again this is purely speculation on my part.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It was pure chance when Michael's engine blew, and it could have been either of them, as they were both pushing very hard... but they recognized that this was an all-or-nothing deal... whoever wins, wins.

RE: I know there was nothing Michael could have done about his blown engine... but in similar situations, other drivers would be stalking sullenly to the back of the pits without a word to anyone, throwing their helmet out into the grass in rage and disgust, complaining (Alonso) or just leaving the track altogether to find a dark place with cold beer (Kimi? )... Michael stayed for the end of the race, to motivate and support his team.

Sure, Fernando did thank his pit crew (you'd have to be a total oaf not to), but he was the winner. Personally, I don't put much stock in his supposed "whining"... he's at a very stressful period, he's young, emotional and very driven, and he may say things that are unwise at times, but that's just the heat of emotion speaking... let's just pray he doesn't turn into another Pablo Montoya.

AND: He really did have a point about "some people" in Renault not helping... but maybe he should have just said: "That nut guy over there..." :lol:

He can still lose it... but all he has to do next race is cruise... and if there's one thing Fernando does very well... it's cruise... he's a masterful slow driver and blocker, and he's very calm under pressure from an opponent sitting in his slipstream.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    Ferrari and the FIA can do all they want for they're "hero" to give him a sendoff they think he deserves. Heck they've
    been fudging with the numbers ever since Monza to even the score but I think its pretty hard to pull a rabbit out of
    the hat this time. Schumacher's DNF made sure of that. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Har har ...
    A Renault fanboy takes centerstage.

BTW. I saw Alonso hug and congratulate his team and pit crew before he
    went to the podium. I am all for Schumacher's graciousness here but
    c'mon folks nobody seem to have seen that. Where was the pit crew/FA
    tension and schism evrybody here was talking about? I never saw that.
    Yeah, Alonso hugging his team when he's winning. Then lambasting his team in the media when he's losing. What a piece of plastic!

Whose whining now??? I think Ferrari/MS fans are just sour-graping. tsk tsk tsk
    Renault fanboy takes the centerstage again. And come to think you're projecting an image of a serious racing commentator before. But succumbs to being a fanboy in the end as well.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Renault fanboy takes the centerstage again. And come to think you're projecting an image of a serious racing commentator before. But succumbs to being a fanboy in the end as well.
    Hey guys peace !!! I was just balancing out the sort of one sided
    criticisms that was thrown at Alonso on the previous thread. I for one did not
    participate on that since I didnt saw it on TV, however c'mon some of
    the barbs that were thrown was bordering on "character assasination".
    Sorry again and peace...

Here is a take from the other "journalists" in response to what many may
    wrongly perceive as MS's "popularity" with the media now that he is retiring.

(And to quote from the article. "Perhaps that the reaction in the Media Centre was a cry of freedom. A realization that there was some mystical powers greater than anyone in the sport. A great steward in the sky, if you like."
    God I love it... )

Editorial at grandprix.com
    http://www.grandprix.com/race/r767racereport.html

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    wahahaha ayos ah pro alonso naman meron dito

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wahahaha ayos ah pro alonso naman meron dito
    He he I think the Ferrari/MS fans are still dumbfounded from picking their
    jaw from the floor.

As in:
    Question: What happens when you shoot your mouth off???

Answer: You pick your jaw from the floor.

J/k only....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ako ms/ferrari fan, pero nung nakita ko umusok na engine nya.
    sabi ko na lang sa isip ko: "taena alonso ipanalo mo yan kungdi ang malas mo!"
    wahahaha at least eto na ang isa sa mga pinakamagandang f1 season para saken.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Err... what's with the pro-Ferrari/Schumi, pro-Alonso, pro-whatever ranting?

As for me - am the same with jim - am an F1 fan - I like it when Fisi is driving brilliantly, the emergence of Kubica, the comeback of Honda, the wheel-to-wheel battles of Schumi/Kimi/Alonso, etc.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A Schumi quote:

Michael Schumacher added, "We are a great team. Our guys are the best and I have a great affection for everyone at Ferrari and am always more than satisfied in the way we work. Incidents like today's can happen and they are part of racing. You win together but you also lose together. Today we did our best, I was leading the race and then my engine broke. That's the simplest way to sum it up. That is Formula 1. We can be proud of what we have achieved since Canada: we were twenty five points behind and no one could have thought we would be back in the fight for the championship, but we did it. Now we are nine points behind in the Constructors' classification and we will do all we can to win this title in Brazil. As for the Drivers,' it is lost. I don't want to head off for a race, hoping that my rival has to retire. That is not the way in which I want to win the title."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
2006 Suzuka GP