New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Err... what's with the pro-Ferrari/Schumi, pro-Alonso, pro-whatever ranting?
    Who said anybody was ranting? I for one am feeling ecstatic and a bit vindicated
    to rant. I think some of the Tsikoteers who support Alonso and Renault are
    not ranting either. I think Pro-Alonso or Pro-Schumi still doesnt take away the
    fact we are all tsikoteers right??:drunk:

Which makes this season very exciting and the most rewarding season ever.

I mean the MS/Ferrari fans had their day in the sun in the Chinese GP. Let the
    Alonso fans have their say in this thread too. They certainly are entitled to
    it since theyre champion won. Amen...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    I was just balancing out the sort of one sided criticisms that was thrown at Alonso on the previous thread. I for one did not participate on that since I didnt saw it on TV, however c'mon some of the barbs that were thrown was bordering on "character assasination".
    You can't complain of "character assasination" on Alonso when it is also being done on Schumacher many times before. You can jeer on Schumi and make fun of his woes, we understand that being a fanboy. But you can't use the term "character assasination" when Schumi's character was also being assassinated back at Monaco and Hungary.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    You can jeer on Schumi and make fun of his woes, we understand that being a fanboy.
    Renault fanboy takes the centerstage again. And come to think you're projecting an image of a serious racing commentator before. But succumbs to being a fanboy in the end as well.
    Pls read this thread (I started) way back in 2005 when Alonso first won his driver's championship.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23145

Was what I said back then any different from what I say now???
    Was I being inconsistent? You read your own perceptions based on what I said
    in this forum before. As for me I just call a spade a spade or I say it as I see
    it. You drew your own conclusions.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IPSG_SlimShady View Post
    You can't complain of "character assasination" on Alonso when it is also being done on Schumacher many times before. You can jeer on Schumi and make fun of his woes, we understand that being a fanboy. But you can't use the term "character assasination" when Schumi's character was also being assassinated back at Monaco and Hungary.
    speaking of "character assasination"

which is better the dirty tactics of schumi or the whining of alonso?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    Whose whining now??? I think Ferrari/MS fans are just sour-graping. tsk tsk tsk
    Bwahhahahaa!!!

Hangang ngayon hindi ko pa rin masakyan ang fanboy attitude.

Whoever wins sir, I'm sure most of us here are happy for the great season. Very exciting indeed!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Agreed!!! Only those that are spreading FUD
    (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) on Alonso and Renault's chances for the
    2006 championship (Oh you know who you are) need react. Bakit ka nga
    naman re-react kung di ka tinatamaan di ba??? :naughty2:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    :lolabove: Panalo! Hehehehe....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haaay... nako... having read all the bickering on the boards in the past few months, I've seen very little Alonso fan-boyism and a lot of Schumi fanboyism.... C'mon, Slim, accusing jeff of fanboyism in such a detailed manner is a sure sign that you're a fanboy, too...

The fanboyism I see with regards to Alonso is the tons of anti-Alonso people amongst race watchers... he's not the fastest, blah blah, he's not the best, blah blah... Kimi should've won, Michael should've won... blah blah... in F1, a win is a win, and Alonso definitely has the talent, the steadiness and the nerves to be a winner. Just look how far back Giancarlo was this race... when Alonso started with Renault, Giancarlo was right in there... and now the young Spaniard regularly leaves him in the dust.

F1 is never just about the driver... it's about the driver AND the car. That's why Schumi changed teams way back when, and that's why Alonso is changing teams now. Alonso has proved he can win in a Renault, now he wants to see if he can win in another car. Whether he actually will is another story. If he can, he has a chance of catching up with the legend himself... if he can't... well, too bad for him.

Is Schumi a great driver and team leader? Yes he is. Is he a dirty, conniving, ruthless and inhuman competitor? Definitely... there are tons of incidents, scandals and dirty marks on his record over years of driving. Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes he doesn't. Yet a lot of people are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the latter truths because of the former truth.

Is Alonso a great driver? Yes. Is he a whining little boy? Hmmm... can't tell. A few inopportune words to the press in the heat of the battle isn't enough to give you the overall flavor of his character. Was he stupid in saying that? Of course he was. Was he stupid to think it? Probably not.

That's the difference between the two... Schumi knows how to keep his smiley face on in front of the camera, a knack that the young Alonso doesn't have yet.

Am I pro-Alonso? Yeah, somewhat, because I like to see the little guys win, and among the big six teams, Renault is small. But I don't want to see him win this way... I wanted the damn race to go to the final lap, with Michael bravely throwing a car on shredded tires around the curves, and the young gun nipping at his heels.

This race had the makings of a classic... too bad it didn't go the whole distance. I hope both Alonso and Schumi give it 100% next race.
    Last edited by niky; October 10th, 2006 at 03:45 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Haha, Alonso winning the Suzuka GP out of pure luck, then out came the Blue-boys who immediately pounced the thread complete with salt and pepper on hand.

If Schumacher didn't blew his engine (technically, you can't claim that he abused his engine since he was in cruise mode in Shanghai -- so this is more of a quality issue specific to this engine alone), I'm sure the Blue-boys will be as mute as a sheep whether there is still a typhoon or not.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hey man! believe what you want to believe and like I
    said in another thread you can kick the car all you want, but
    all you get at the end of the day is a sore foot... :bounce1:

2006 Suzuka GP