or

those using the SLEX's shoulder to overtake every single frikkin day

or

a bus with 50 passengers weaving in & out of the traffic like a sedan

or

a truck overtaking on a blind hill going to Tagaytay

or

going beyond 100kph along EDSA

a LOT more people do a LOT more crazier things that can hurt a LOT more people or do a LOT more damage on a regular basis and yet we treat this guy as if he is the devil-incarnate of Philippine motoring. :lol:

exactly +1 to that. as the saying goes..... he who has no sin cast the first stone.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIEF111 View Post
    exactly +1 to that. as the saying goes..... he who has no sin cast the first stone.

doing something illegal at keeping your mouth shut is what most of us do..

doing something illegal and bragging it in youtube is totally unacceptable..please guys.. youtube can be accessed by anyone.. even kids who are taught to be responsible drivers by their parents.. bad example to eh.. wag nyo na dagdagan mga ogag na naglalagay sa youtube ng mga kalokohan nila..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    at least they are responsible enough to make sure the road was clear before making that run.

there are many, many irresponsible and stupid drivers out there that we share the road with every single day.... and they dont drive porsches...

they drive ordinary cars, trucks and buses and PUJs and taxis and tricycles and motorbikes.

why the negativity?

im glad there are people here who have confidence in the peace and stability of the country to buy such expensive cars and drive around in them.

when u have buyers and sellers of super expensive automobiles in ur country, in ur economy, that is a good sign.

My point is, there probably arent any new ferraris and porsches in Somalia.

Dumadami na ang super expensive cars dito sa Pinas. It's a good sign.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    OT: Dati natatandaan ko, ininterview si Sen. Lacson, kung anu hilig nya, sabi nya hilig daw sya magharangkada ng auto mag isa, walang body guard Ihataw sa highway ng topspeed kasi di naman strict mga pulis natin Meron daw yata siyang Audi kung di ako nagkakamali May nakakaalala pa ba nito?
    Last edited by Zeus; January 16th, 2007 at 10:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    besides,,we dont know what is that person up to.lets face it,,nasapawan lang ego natin kaya may over reactive.....peace everyone

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, it really is dangerous, no matter what precautions you take... but then, so is about anything else on the road in the Philippines.

Doesn't make it any less impressive a feat... or any less illegal. Immoral? That's a matter of contention. One part of me is still slack-jawed in amazement, the other is going

I'm not exactly sinless myself. But whenever I speed, I make sure there's enough space for it... and enough car. I always drive the Crosswind slower than the "slow" drivers in our company do, because I'm more mindful of the brakes and tires. They're the ones who do 80-100 km/h, no matter what the car or conditions... (100 km/h on the Skyway in an SUV in the rain is dangerous too, remember?) because that's legal. I'm a firm believer in following reasonable speeds more than legal speeds. I may drive over the limit on the highway, but I'm the first to slow down and pull over in a sudden squall, and I drive slower than anyone else around pedestrians.

But 320 km/h is way beyond reasonable (which would be 160 km/h on the Skyway in my car, maybe "only" 220 km/h in that Porsche) given the conditions. While the BRC isn't long enough for such speeds (Not even a GT3 can hit more than 200 km/h down that short straight), it should be possible on one of the former airstrips at Subic or Clark... which are more suitable venues for such trials.

This thread deserves a lock, because I can only see it as being a source of conflict and bad feelings, because we'll never agree regarding this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    While driving at those speeds in a public highway is deplorable.... It does bring up an interesting point. Why buy such a fast car at all when the only likely place the car can run at full speed is at the track? Why buy such a great-handling car when the most likely place it'll make use of its prowess is also at the track? For most of the Philippines, I'm betting any slow SUV or generic economy car should suffice. And yet, we admire and covet fast, great handling, and great-looking cars. Status symbol? There are slower, bigger cars that denote status. Looks? Heck, just put a racy body kit on Corolla or Civic.

Why buy a thoroughbred car if you don't intend to make full use of its capability? It's like marrying a hot fashion model who can't (sorry ladies ) cook, take care of the house, or work.

Especially on Philippine streets. How much would it cost to fix a scratch on a Porsche? Probably a month's salary for many here.

Ok. That's it. I've emptied my brain.....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    See it's people like them that put others at risk on a public road.

It doesn't matter kung wala mang kotse. Eh, what if a car (or cars) suddenly approaches the entry? How many seconds would you have for sudden braking? Or use the opposing car as a battering ram (or a shield) but risk the safety of the occupants of that car?

See, what that guy is doing puts others at risk. Did he even ask for an official permit from PNCC to close the road? Did he?

If he didn't, then I don't know why this guy should even be praised.

If that guy is smart enough and FULLY cares about welfare and road safety, he should first get a permit or go to a racetrack instead.

Seriously, it's when a-holes like that guy who don't even ask for official permits that endanger the safety of others with their reckless and selfless speeding.

Not against speeding at all but at least, do it properly with the mindset for the safety of others.

I can only hope that this guy got an Official permit. If not, then I hope that this bastard would end up in jail the next time he does as reckless as this.

No official permit for road closure? Then I hope you get caught. :hit:
    +1,000,000.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004

Darwin is in need of qualified drivers brains optional.

Edit :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I can see why a lot of forumers look down on posts like this ... after all, tsikot.com is supposedly for safe and responsible motoring, right? I never had the impression before that something like less safer or a bit less responsible is ok. And when you read the rules and regulations of the forum, this one touches the subject:

6) You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.

though I may have interpreted it wrongly, as no moderator has seen it that way ... nobody's prefect.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Porsche 320 km/h Skyway