New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Okay for whatever reason they may have to gain power. Whether it is to conduct genuine change, get their piece of the pie, protect their interest groups or what have you. Do you think that the opposition is really approaching their cause the right way?

We have seen them launch rally after rally and it hasn't gotten the critical mass they need. Others take hotels and still nothing.

Are they approaching a new World with old school tactics that no longer work? Should they re-invent themselves.

Why do I say that? Look at Obama. He has worked on his brand of Politics 2.0. He has been able to exploit the internet and get the support of the youth of America. Technically his is opposition to the Republicans.

Are our young opposition members merely younger versions of our old-school politicians? Is this the case and if so not helping them?

Is media making the people who can truly initiate change jaded? The general middle class seems apathetic.

Someone even mentioned that Chiz said in a talk that the approach tp rallies are all wrong. The last one was done during a payday. A time when people are not as concerned about problems since they just got their paycheck.

Your thoughts on whether the opposition is really helping their cause or merely weakening themselves.

If you think that they are their own worst enemy and need help what would you advice the opposition to do to truly achieve their goal.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    my advice is to them is stop wasting their money and wait for 2010!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Many filipinos are still content enough not to go the rallies.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    no, they are not doing the right way. Legarda is right in her stand. Cory and Erap together makes me puke. evil opposition lang ang makinabang dyan. tulad sa People Power 2, Si President Evil ang nakinabang dun.

though Erap didn't literaly call for People Power 3. still Ironic when he was thrown by it.

The Church should not meddle too much. I mean the "Church" had it's era or age of corruption too...

A rally should be composed of "people" only, no politicians or priests.

my advice for the opposition: moderate your greed too.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the opposition's role is to have check and balance. iba kasi interpretasyon ng pinoy as opposition, to remove the existing power. hindi ganun

the foremost role of the opposition is to always check the performance of those in power para hindi mawala sa objectives. if may mali, correct them thru legal means. if it doesnt work, then try and try until you die or until the next election. dun ka bumawi just like the republicans and the democrats.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ok let's not call them opposition.

Let's just call them the anti-GMA crowd.

Their strategy is as old as EDSA 1... that's why it aint working.

Wala ba learning curve ang tao?

ilan na ba ang naging people power?

Pinagaralan na nila GMA ang mga people power.

GMA and her people did their homework.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ok let's not call them opposition.

Let's just call them the anti-GMA crowd.

Their strategy is as old as EDSA 1... that's why it aint working.

Wala ba learning curve ang tao?

ilan na ba ang naging people power?

Pinagaralan na nila GMA ang mga people power.

GMA and her people did their homework.
    Yup anti-GMA crowd = old school

And the people have evolved past them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    as they say, some people never learn...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I say not at all. Those with presidential ambitions would not really want PGMA to step down alone or be impeached right away. They, for selfish interest, want Noli de Castro to stay under the shadow of PGMA to keep him from accessing government funds for his own political end. I would even think that these presidential contenders don't like the economy to grow or benefit the majority of the people. They would want the people to stay disgruntled and dissatisfied with their present lot so they would want change comes 2010.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider View Post
    I say not at all. Those with presidential ambitions would not really want PGMA to step down alone or be impeached right away. They, for selfish interest, want Noli de Castro to stay under the shadow of PGMA to keep him from accessing government funds for his own political end. I would even think that these presidential contenders don't like the economy to grow or benefit the majority of the people. They would want the people to stay disgruntled and dissatisfied with their present lot so they would want change comes 2010.

i believe there are people who like the way things are... coz they are making tons of money in the present socio-economic-political environment.

Removing GMA from power is against their interests.

Those people want GMA to remain in power for as long as possible.

And they are willing to spend a lot of money to keep her in power.

And that's exactly what is happening.

That's why there still isnt a successful coup...

And that's why people who can really depose GMA are still loyal to her.

A great wall of money is protecting GMA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
In your opinion are the opposition helping their cause?