New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    kagaya nga ng sabi ng marami, surveys are surveys only. hindi ito ang basis ng resulta ng election. kung ngayon sabihin natin na lamang si ganito, ganyan din ba kaya sa actual? and take note, survey represents only A PART OF THE VOTING PEOPLE. i don't care on surveys, we don't care on surveys and we're wise enough to vote kung sino ang nararapat.

bro, alam ng troll na yan kung ano capability ni noynoy. di yan naniniwala sa mga achievements ng mga kandidato natin. i may not be voting for gordon, kagaya ng sinabi ko sa unang post ko. pero ang masasabi ko lang ke gordon, he has the will and the credentials. unlike that troll's candidate na pinagmamayabang niya na walang nagawa.

bro, wag ka magsalita ng tapos. at buksan mo ang isipan mo sa kung ano ang kaya gawin ng kandidato mo. at bakit nagsisilipatan sila sa ibang partido, say lakas to liberal o np, etc? kasi ang mga pulitiko, dun sila sa alam nilang malakas para hindi sila mawala sa power. take note of the terms TRAPO and BALIMBING.

sabi ko nga sa ibang thread, kung si noynoy eh hindi corrupt, eh ano naman ang mga taong nasa paligid niya na mga beterano ng pulitika?
    Bro, I concede that your candidate is well-qualified to become the president of this country. But you also have to see whether he has the needed followers (local leaders at the LGU's) that would help him win the presidency. Election is always numbers game. The more members you have, the likelihood of achieving the goal. Ramos was elected to the presidency because of the machinery and cooperation of the local leaders although Miriam at the time was the popular choice. Same goes with Erap and even more with GMA.

Masakit man tanggapin ang realidad but that is the political reality in this election, kaya nga si Villar grabe ang media mileage when it comes to defection because it creates impression that they are the ones ahead of the game. Same goes with LP. Si Gordon meron bang nag defect?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Di na lang kita sinasagot. No sense naman kasi sinasabi mo. Thanks anyway.
    no sense? what a term? or you mean nonsense? nonsense? baka wala ka lang talagang masagot? ok lang sir mabara pa minsan minsan.

kasi kung nonsensense man, bakit may ibang sumasagot?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Mukhang kulang dun ang bagumbayan kaya ko nasabi yung hindi mananalo si Gordon.
    it almost looks that he lacks machinery; but he does not lack supporters for our candidate to win....
    Gordon will win; its just a matter of believing and making a difference by shading the circle with the circle corresponding to the name of Gordon.
    That is our machinery - the belief of people and the supporters that Gordon can win on this coming election. A machinery that is so non-dispensable and a machinery that people cant just throw away as our belief will always be within us.....
    We want a better country and we want a lesser evil candidate, so we will make a difference and will VOTE for Gordon.

Sen. Richard "Dick" Gordon is the Presidentiable candidate that will help resolve our countries conflict and the only candidate that has records to show on doing so....

so go ahead and make a difference by supporting us, we thank you and the filipino people will be happy for what you did today....

you will make a difference so can he, so go ahead and

[SIZE=4][SIZE=5]VOTE for Sen. Richard "Dick" Gordon to be the next
    President of the Republic of the Philippines
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    no sense? what a term? or you mean nonsense? nonsense? baka wala ka lang talagang masagot? ok lang sir mabara pa minsan minsan.

kasi kung nonsensense man, bakit may ibang sumasagot?
    Okay, sabi mo eh.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
    [SIZE=5]Manifesto For Change[/SIZE][SIZE=2]

Today, as in the past, we Filipinos have been confronted with deep and sweeping political, economic, social, and moral crises- lack of sense for the common good; poor leadership and corruption in government; crime; lawlessness, and insurgency; poverty and constant struggle with the economy; deteriorating quality in education; inadequate access to health care; weakening of the family; and poor environmental protection.

All these conditions plus apathy, indifference, and demoralization, as well as fear, helplessness, and hopelessness, have inured us Filipinos who have become jaded as we continue to face the daily challenges before us. Experience has taught us that the old ways and the old solutions will not work in bailing us out of these crises. To go down in disgust, discouragement, and defeat seems to be the only recourse.

However, we need to look at our problems afresh and we Filipinos must fix them, for only we can fix them, and set the course for a successful future. We have the power to shape our future and determine the destiny of our country. We must rid ourselves of ingrained habits, prejudices, cultural preferences, and our traditional way of doing things. We must refresh our consciousness if we are to rise to new levels in life.

We need to do things, believe things, and think in new ways. It is time for a new direction to bring our dream of a better life for ourselves and for our country into reality - a dream deeply rooted in the dream of a new Philippines, a Bagumbayan. To all of us who share this dream, we must all courageously face the challenges of our times.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Thus, in an act of union and cooperation, we declare:

First, that we must be RESPONSIBLE for ourselves, for our fellow Filipinos, and for our country. We must change our attitudes, and transform ourselves to become horizon-chasers with duty, dignity, and determination;

Second, that we can REINVENT GOVERNMENT to faithfully perform its prime duty to serve and protect the people;

Third, that we can fortify LAW AND ORDER through self-discipline, vigilance, and respect for the rule of law;

Fourth, that we can build a STRONG AND GROWING ECONOMY if we all work, save, and invest in order to prosper;

Fifth, that we must prioritize EDUCATION as the key to national development to compete and lead in the new global economy;

Sixth, that we must provide adequate access to HEALTH CARE for all our people, especially the needy;

Seventh, that we must create JOBS for our people, so that they will not need to seek their fortunes abroad, but rather devote their talents directly to their country and their families;

Eighth, that we must assist our people in securing decent HOMES to live in and LAND to work and build on, so they can be dignified and productive citizens;

Ninth, that we must strengthen and reinforce the FAMILY as the foundation of our nation to develop proper values and virtues in individuals and build solid character; and

Tenth, that we must protect and preserve the ENVIRONMENT for our posterity. We must have the Vision grounded on Values and empowered by Volunteerism to achieve Victory. These are the ideals upon which we lay the foundation of our movement for change. We are the instruments of a movement dedicated to transform the Philippines into a Bagumbayan, a new Philippines.

We invite every patriotic Filipino to join us in this shared struggle. Let us embark together on this grand mission to reclaim, rebuild, and reconsecrate what Rizal— 111 years ago today—bid farewell to as “our Eden lost,” but which remains our birthright and our redemption: Bagumbayan.

Where our heroes have fallen, there shall we rise, reborn.
    [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    kagaya nga ng sabi ng marami, surveys are surveys only. hindi ito ang basis ng resulta ng election. kung ngayon sabihin natin na lamang si ganito, ganyan din ba kaya sa actual?
    dapat siguro mag-survey sila kung nag-wowork ba talaga ang surveys or not?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=5]Vision for a New Philippines[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Leadership requires a clear and coherent VISION. The vision sets the philosophy and framework for good governance. It provides guidance to the people so that they can pursue our common goal in their own creative way. Dick Gordon’s vision for a truly Filipino society must be one that is:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Caring[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]People must be concerned with the welfare of others/community/country and exercise a degree of selflessness for our greater good. We must not injure others in the exercise of our rights.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Compassionate[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Everyone must have due regard for the individual struggles of others and act with consideration. We must act with empathy and devise programs that uplift every individual’s conditions.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Confident[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Filipinos must have pride in their identity; we must have self-worth and end our defeated and victimized attitude. We must have dignity and validate our principles with good works
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Competitive[/SIZE][SIZE=2]

Our methods of production, systems of defense and education, all aspects of society, must be geared towards a meritocracy that rewards efficiency. We must build the basic infrastructure to enable us to compete in a global economy.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]United[/SIZE][SIZE=2]

We must present a common front in the face of national issues and abide by the course of action that preserves and advances the collective good and promotes the greatest measure of independence. Our attitudes must be attuned to bring out the best in our collective abilities, rather than defeat ourselves and pull each other down.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Liberal and Tolerant[/SIZE][SIZE=2]

In our diversified and pluralistic society, we must have a common understanding of individual differences and how this strengthens us, instead of making this a source of internecine conflict.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Successful[/SIZE][SIZE=2]

We must not be ashamed of a culture that values hard-earned success. We must engender a society that values performance over patronage. WE must change our attitudes.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Secure[/SIZE][SIZE=2]

We must be free from conditions of deprivation, want and fear. We must be empowered to address these conditions and feel confident that these can be overcome. There must be food on the table and a roof over our heads. Our homes and streets must be safe.

All of these build a Country of Character – our ultimate vision where everyone is Enabled to be Enobled and Free..[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=5]On surveys: It's the record of service that matters, the real survey is still on May 10, 2010[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    More than the surveys that appear left and right, it is the record of service that truly matters, Senator Richard Gordon, the Bagumbayan-Volunteers for a New Philippines Party standard-bearer, said.

Gordon, who was one of the presidential aspirants present at the Kilalanin Presidential Forum at the De La Salle-Zobel in Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa City, said that the qualifications and track record of a candidate is what the electorate must look into, adding that the real survey is still on May 10.

"Kung maniniwala tayo sa mga surveys ngayon, eh di huwag na tayo mag-eleksyon, magpa-survey na lang tayo. Ang tunay na survey ay 'yung survey sa May 10, yung lahat bibilangin, hindi lamang 1,200 (respondents)," he said.

Gordon explained that when he ran for Senator in 2004, he was number 29 in the surveys, but after the elections, he placed number five.

He said that the people had chosen him based on what he has done--as mayor of Olongapo, founding chairman of Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority, and secretary of Tourism--and not on money, pedigree or popularity.

"Hindi ako umasa sa mga malalaking tao, walang malalaking grupo ang sumama sa akin, pero ni-respeto ng tao ang record ko. It is your record of service, your track record and not the surveys, that matters. Kaya mo ba yung trabaho? Bago ka ba umalis sa probinsiya mo naayos mo ba ang bayan mo?" Gordon stressed.

He added that surveys could even lead to "regulatory capture" because several rich or powerful individuals, who seek to protect their personal interests and maintain their place in the society, tend to support a candidate who they think has the biggest chance to win based on surveys.

"Minsan habang lalo kang tumataas sa survey, mas madaming malalaking tao ang nagbibigay sa 'yo ng pera, kaya malaki na ang utang na loob mo sa kanila ngayon. Kaya ang surveys madali yan. Kung may pera ka, magpa-survey ka. Magpalabas ka ng madaming advertisements, sikat ka. Pero ang talagang survey ay yung survey ng taongbayan sa May 10," said Gordon.[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=5]Invest in teachers to improve RP education[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    Senator Richard Gordon stressed the need to invest on teachers to significantly improve the quality of the country's education system, which has been lagging behind compared to neighboring countries.

At the Kilalanin Presidential Forum held at the De La Salle Zobel School in Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Gordon said that education should be a priority of every government, especially of a developing nation, to enable and ennoble the people.

"Poverty is an absence of choice. If people are not educated, they have limited choices in life. That is why education must be number one," the Bagumbayan-Volunteers for a New Philippines party standard-bearer said.

"I would be an Education President. Teachers would be number one for me because they are the ones who mold the minds and guide the values of our children. They are with our children eight hours every day. Kapag nagtratrabaho sila nanay at tatay, ang mga guro ang nangangasiwa sa mga bata. We should take care of our teachers because they play an important role in the lives of our children," he added.

Gordon explained that what needs to be done is not only to increase the salary of teachers, but also to upgrade teaching competence through continuous training to be able to address the low proficiency level of students especially on Math, Science and English.

"Better teachers would pave the way for better and well-informed students. Continuing educational program for teachers is a must for our society today," he stressed.

Gordon has long been advocating for the upgrading of standards of the country's education system. He has a bill pending in Congress, called the Health and Education Acceleration Program (HEAP), which aims to spearhead the rehabilitation and improvement of the education and health systems.

His Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) has been largely allocated for construction of public elementary school buildings around the country together with the Federation of Filipino Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Inc.

In 2007, after his visit to Sulu, Gordon reported to the President the need to hold the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) licensure examinations in Sulu because many teachers have not been properly qualified for government service. In the past, education graduates in the province had to travel to Zamboanga City or other parts of the country to be able to take the exam, entailing more expenses on their part.

When he was Mayor of Olongapo, Gordon built schools in many parts of the province and also created the Regional Science High School III and the University of the Philippines Diliman Extension Program in Olongapo.

[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=5]10 Principles for Success in 2010[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]By Lynda C. Corpuz
    MONEYSENSE MAGAZINE[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Asked how ordinary Filipinos can improve their lot in life, Sen. Dick Gordon, who has enjoyed a fruitful and accomplished life, shares his key principles for career and financial success:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]1. Be ambitious. Umaasa tayo lagi sa tulong. Kahit anong hirap mo, you have to be ambitious. Being ambitious is not negative.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]2. Have the right work ethic. Bawal ang tamad. Lalong bawal ang tanga. Manage by objective. Instead of a quick fix or instant gratification, practice delayed gratification. We should go for meritocracy. Hindi palakasan. Palakasan pa rin dito.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]3. Learn a skill. Poverty is an absence of choice. That’s why you have to continue learning. You have to learn a skill. I never tell people “good luck.” I always tell them “good skill.” Be creative. Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa. God gave you skills. God will not help you if you don’t help yourself.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]4. Work, save, invest, and prosper. You have to work. Address your needs but always save. Get into a business. Get life insurance or a personal accident insurance kung `yun lang ang kaya mo. We need a provident fund especially for our OFWs. We have 11 million Filipinos abroad. You put them and our people here in a provident fund, we can prosper ourselves. Combine GSIS and SSS funds and come up with a provident fund, just like what Singapore did. People have to learn to save something.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]5. Help. Find extra time to help. Volunteer with the Red Cross. Kapag alam mong ginawa mo, bibiyaan ka. Helping others is a reward in itself.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]6. Lead by example. The Philippines would improve if it elects a leader who can inspire, able to communicate by word and deed, provides a vision, extracts values, and displays integrity. Demand from your leaders. Ask for their qualifications. Look for their record.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]7. Be independent. I had to fight big guys but I couldn’t tell my dad. He encouraged me to learn judo to protect myself. You have to learn to survive. You have to learn to stand your ground. Those guys who tried to bully me, I stood up to them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]8. Learn from your mistakes. I learn from my mistakes. I learn from other people’s mistakes. There’s only one thing I can never learn: to be overly materialistic. I don’t pay the media to cover me. I don’t pay for my press releases. If my being straightforward is a mistake, that’s a mistake I’ll keep on repeating.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]9. Be assertive. We’re like makahiyas. We shouldn’t be. We shouldn’t be an adapting culture. We’re resilient but we don’t assert ourselves. We’re a happy people. That’s good psychology. We laugh at ourselves. We’re an accommodating culture. We shouldn’t be. We should live by the national anthem, by our oath.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Make fear your friend. During the Mt. Pinatubo eruption, I told myself we’re not going to allow ourselves to die here. I prayed, “If you’re going to take me, take me. Please though, don’t make me look bad as I lead.” You must make fear your friend.[/SIZE]

Will you VOTE for Dick Gordon as RP President?