New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'm curious. How much is various cable packages over there?

Here, Cox Cable has a minimum package of $11 (P451)/mo for 20 channels and I think $40 (P1640)/mo for 71 channels. We have the latter in the master bedroom. But because we also have Cox Cable broadband internet and telephone, we pay $26 (P1066)/mo for the 71 channels cable.

We also have DirectTV/Filipino Channel (includes both ABS and GMA) for the rest of the house (living room, my den, family room/informal dining/kitchen, and my older daughter's bedroom). DirectTV is satellite tv. We pay $111(P4551)/mo. But it has a ton of channels including a number of premium channels plus the 6 channels and 2 radio stations of the Filipino Channel package. It's pretty expensive. But my wife insists on having the Filipino Channel.
    recently switched to destiny because of BasketballTV. 3 mos. come out at P1,350. so that's P450 a month, for all tv's in the house. (ah, the wonders of splicing cable...)

anyway, My relatives in the states always say its the price of the food here. sobrang mura daw. and clothes as well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    taxes....:2thumbsup:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Here, Cox Cable has a minimum package of $11 (P451)/mo for 20 channels and I think $40 (P1640)/mo for 71 channels. We have the latter in the master bedroom. But because we also have Cox Cable broadband internet and telephone, we pay $26 (P1066)/mo for the 71 channels cable.

We also have DirectTV/Filipino Channel (includes both ABS and GMA) for the rest of the house (living room, my den, family room/informal dining/kitchen, and my older daughter's bedroom). DirectTV is satellite tv. We pay $111(P4551)/mo. But it has a ton of channels including a number of premium channels plus the 6 channels and 2 radio stations of the Filipino Channel package. It's pretty expensive. But my wife insists on having the Filipino Channel.
    Well, dunno about CATV providers in other parts of the P.I. In my case (metro manila), Sky Cable charges about Php 680.00/mo. for around 70 channels (not counting free tv) Sky has premium packages (Sky Cable Gold * Php 870.00/mo. and Sky Cable Platinum * Php 1,520.00/mo.) also with channels that are not available in the standard package so that bumps up the monthly subscription fee.

Destiny Cable charges around Php 450.00/mo for approximately 70 channels (not counting free tv). You can prepay anywhere between 3-12 months of subscription for a lower rate.

Dream TV charges between Php 390.00 to Php 890.00 a month (think they have a wider range of channels being direct satellite tv).
    Last edited by Altis6453; January 28th, 2008 at 05:00 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    What about the cost of Gym Membership & supplements? As compared here, are these things really cheaper in the US, UK, Singapore? Like would anyone know how much monthly membership dues are for a popular gym like Gold’s/Fitness First & ordinary gyms? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Cheap is subjective.. Let us put it this way, a typical Juan's salary is 300php a day which is the minimum wage.

How much is a haircut? 70 to 90 is the cheapest I can find.. Well yeah sabihin na natin may 30 bucks pa.. So 10% of Juan's daily wage will go to his hair? Matitira na lang 270php paano pa ang pangkain nya?

Anyway going back to topic, ang alam kong cheap ay wages.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    How about goodtime? I know some Japanese that they fly to the Philippines just to play golf at siyempre have some fun during the night.

Time Warner here: Cable T.V about 70 channels (includes some HD programs) Phone service with unlimited stateside calls includes call waiting/forwarding etc... High Speed internet. I pay around $89.00 + $19.00 for TFC(ABS-CBN) and GMA.

* Jun,
    Haven't you notice that TFC and GMA have more and more commercials? I'm just wondering as to why they have commercials since they are paid subscriptions. I can understand if their programs are free but since the viewers pays for the programs, why do they have sponsors? pakiramdam ko we're being cheated here.
    Last edited by Camgen6; January 29th, 2008 at 04:50 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    OT (I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    I pay around $89.00 + $19.00 for TFC(ABS-CBN) and GMA.

* Jun,
    Haven't you notice that TFC and GMA have more and more commercials? I'm just wondering as to why they have commercials since they are paid subscriptions. I can understand if their programs are free but since the viewers pays for the programs, why do they have sponsors? pakiramdam ko we're being cheated here.
    We have the full TFC package which is $32. I liked the basketball channel. It had both RP college and Pro hoops. It's gone now though.

I've only noticed the calling card commercials.I don't watch too much TFC ever since the basketball channel disappeared. Now, I only watch those shows with pretty and scantily clad dancing women.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 29th, 2008 at 05:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    taxes....:2thumbsup:

Bro.,- as a salaried individual, I beg to disagree with you. Taxes here in the Philippines are comparatively higher when we look at the level and quality of government services we're getting....

Tax = 32%#income tax# + 12%#evat#(1-32%) = 40.16%

5202:threadmil:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    yosi, beer, texting, at kng anu ano pang bisyo. maliit pa rin ang luxury and sin taxes natin compared sa ibang bansa =)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Mayroon pa po akong idadagdag, entertainment (lalo na sa TV). Pede rin kayang isama ang news(sa TV po) dito? Parang pang-tabloid kasi mga balita ngayon eh.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What is inexpensive here in the Philippines that is expensive in other countries?