New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls
    from here on will all politicians be honest sa pag declare ng SALN?

alam natin lahat may hidden wealth lahat ng politician
    then just apply what Miriam said - politicians will just use dummy names for ill-gotten wealth to escape SALN declaration.

Kaya nga ako di-pabor sa decision eh. We basically made it easier for big fishes to hide their wealth. Just maintain a clean slate SALN. or in general, lalo Lang natin pinababa standards natin for check and balance. Why do you think most of the senators voted for it? Maybe they saw a loophole that is potentially beneficial.

The supreme court is the only branch that totally scrutines evidences. Kung tuusin walang pulitika yun eh. Now we have tarred its image. the fall of Corona only diverted to the people na mas reliable ang legislative body in handling court cases and we all know naman that most of the senators voted cum reelection 2013.

Hay Pilipinas na mangmang at puros galit. Kung Minsan mas gusto ko pa sa Europe at US mag-stay, pero Syempre I cant outsmart 'em 4ever kaya kelangan ko umuwi at gumawa ng pera dito

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as if this is a start... start to what?

start of realization that nobody can go against the Yellow Army?

they've proven to be very powerful

they jailed an ex-president. now they impeached an SC justice

impressive

now everyone will bow down to them

they're untouchable

the Tarlac Mafia/Yellow Army/Makati Business Club hacienderos rule the country

sa tingin niyo this will benefit the masses?

haha

the masses will remain poor

the powers-that-be will always look after their own interests first
    Last edited by uls; May 30th, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    then just apply what Miriam said - politicians will just use dummy names for ill-gotten wealth to escape SALN declaration.

Kaya nga ako di-pabor sa decision eh. We basically made it easier for big fishes to hide their wealth. Just maintain a clean slate SALN. or in general, lalo Lang natin pinababa standards natin for check and balance. Why do you think most of the senators voted for it? Maybe they saw a loophole that is potentially beneficial.

The supreme court is the only branch that totally scrutines evidences. Kung tuusin walang pulitika yun eh. Now we have tarred its image. the fall of Corona only diverted to the people na mas reliable ang legislative body in handling court cases and we all know naman that most of the senators voted cum reelection 2013.

Hay Pilipinas na mangmang at puros galit. Kung Minsan mas gusto ko pa sa Europe at US mag-stay, pero Syempre I cant outsmart 'em 4ever kaya kelangan ko umuwi at gumawa ng pera dito
    haha

madali i-outsmart ang masang pinoy?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls

haha

madali i-outsmart ang masang pinoy?
    yep, the impeachment trial itself can be reversed by the supreme court. and yet a lot of people dedicated a lot of their time on it. in the end. They get the satisfaction like any other movie, bad guy lost. they breathe a sigh of relief.

parang subprime LNG yan *uls, Lehman, F&Mac fell pero kita mo mas lenient pa ngaun ang lending. sa 30k pede ka na magka-rio.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ To be frank, we've been "starting from somewhere" since the first People Power that ousted ex-Pres. Marcos (for me, being an 80's teenager). I've lost count about the time they impeached ex-Pres. Estrada.

We've been like:

"Ito na."
    "Hindi pa"
    "Ito na, ito na!"
    "Hindi pa rin"
    "Malamang ito na yan!"
    "Ay! Wala pa rin"
    "Ito, peks man, totoo na!"
    "Yaaa! Hindi pa rin!"

Everytime a demon is kicked out of office, another one with twice as many horns takes over.
    By the time we got to People Power 2, I was sick of it. And I was at People Power 2. The moment the politicians showed up and started grandstanding, I knew what was coming next. They used us for a power grab.

At least, the difference is this time, they're pretending to go through channels. The appearance of proper function of government is important, you know.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep, the impeachment trial itself can be reversed by the supreme court. and yet a lot of people dedicated a lot of their time on it. in the end. They get the satisfaction like any other movie, bad guy lost. they breathe a sigh of relief.

parang subprime LNG yan *uls, Lehman, F&Mac fell pero kita mo mas lenient pa ngaun ang lending. sa 30k pede ka na magka-rio.
    OT yes very lenient lending dito sa Pinas

tingnan mo lang mga low downpayment sa mga new cars. sa mall lagi meron mga display ng iba't ibang brands na "50K ALL IN"

may credit boom sa Pinas. subprime ng oto

later on dadami ang bad loans. credit bust naman

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mukhang magandang magpautang ah with collateral ... kikitang kabuhayan

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    OT yes very lenient lending dito sa Pinas

tingnan mo lang mga low downpayment sa mga new cars. sa mall lagi meron mga display ng iba't ibang brands na "50K ALL IN"

may credit boom sa Pinas. subprime ng oto

later on dadami ang bad loans. credit bust naman
    The loans are weirdly too easy to come by now, at favorable rates. At least with auto loans, meron collateral na ma-co-collect... kung business loan? Or worse... simple salary loan with no collateral... tsk. tsk.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    corruption is so entrenched in the Phils. it has become part of culture

the higher up you go mas grabe ang corruption

children of oligarchs don't even know that their families' wealth depended on corruption (bribing, giving commissions & kickbacks to govt officials, lobbying for laws to protect their businesses from competition etc)
    The real corruption money comes in as you go up the hierarchy. Those lagay-lagay at the small fry level (enforcers, clerks) are really just peanuts and is for me is quite meaningless in the whole scheme of things if you're talking about losses due to corruption.

Kids of these political families are already born and raised in the distorted ways that they probably are not bothered by knowing the sources of their income, it's impact to society and to their morals as a whole.

What happens next? Life goes on but this impeachment trial is really a learning process and i do hope that those who know less will learn new things on the ways of the world and how utterly stupid our elected officials can be (i mean gosh, just listening to how some senators and congressmen talk and think is quite shameful... oratory skills zero).

For politicians, expect them to evolve to the next level when it comes to hiding and laundering their wealth. I've met some in my line of work and when i look at their businesses, other interests and relations, i do see that they are quite good enough to get away with it.

10. Join Date
    May 2006

using dummies is not new... imo naging katawa-tawa si brenda ng banggitin niya ito. hindi naman ganon kabobo ang lahat ng pinoy, the use of dummies started glaringly during macoy era. and look at them now... they are controlling our country's big businesses.
    maganda sana kung si ferdi jr ang sumunod sa kanya sa pagbigay ng hatol... baka mag-iba ang magiging speech nito to insert and give defense on what they have done during his father's reign.

ang resulta ng proceeding na 'to will not deter the determined corrupt politicians to do their normal ways. pero yung iba ay magdadalawang isip na para gumawa ng kalokohan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What happens now? After Corona was found guilty?