New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 371 of 382 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 3813
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Agree there's a problem. But what I am saying is that the issue is not with the letter of the law. It's with the DA.

Fact-check: California Prop 47 $95? shoplifting claim | verifythis.com

Since you won't provide the details, I researched it and indeed it's still not permitted. It's not a felony but it's a misdemeanor charge but it does carry a hefty fine.

Better put law-enforcing DA's then instead of woke prosecutors.

However, this new proposal imho can give retail owners- at least those big enougn to afford- a chance to hire, again, trained security personnel. Here in the Philippines, some mall owners and grocery stores have roaming plain-clothes security men that detect shoplifters. In that way they have some fighting chance to reduce business losses due to shoplifting. The new proposal just makes sure that retailers can't just put anyone as security personnel, they must have trained individuals that will handle these shoplifters

Better have them when you need them rather need them and not have them. If the local government won't help, business owners better think of the solution themselves as boybi pointed out. Plus if shoplifters turn violent, then aggravated assault won't be just a misdemeanor act, that'll be a felony.

Sent using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    That's the problem. The same voters keep voting in the same kind of people. They can try reinventing the wheel. But, many businesses are choosing the easier way out. Those that are left are bleeding money.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 13th, 2023 at 12:21 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pride event at the white house

video:

https://twitter.com/KarliBonnita/sta...08239422074882

on the left is a biological female (breasts removed)

on the right is a trans tiktok influence

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the american flag is subordinate to the pride flag

#priorities

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    California prohibits employers from making employees confront shoplifters

gov't: it's for employee safety

businesses: why not just make us put a sign outside our stores that says "welcome shoplifters"
    Last edited by uls; June 13th, 2023 at 03:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If what is happening in California is the future of the US? It's definitely a good idea for us to move to the Philippines.

I'm gonna be a bonafide refugee. The wife is fine. She's a dual citizen. I'm not.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 14th, 2023 at 12:19 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If what is happening in California is the future of the US? It's definitely a good idea for us to move to the Philippines.

I'm gonna be a bonafide refugee. The wife is fine. She's a dual citizen. I'm not.
    Especially in the provinces. Less hassle and pollution. Hehe

Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Especially in the provinces. Less hassle and pollution. Hehe

My wife definitely wants to spend time at her home province (Leyte). Personally, I find the area too hot and even more humid than Manila. The whole time I was there, I spent every idle moment in front of an electric fan.

Anyway, my wife will be tied down over there managing her own business. I won't be. That means I can spend time at Metro Manila and Subic, as well as Leyte. The closest provinces that has familiarity to me is Batangas and Cavite. Distant relatives at the former and close relatives at the latter. Some of my close relatives moved to Subic. That means we have a place to stay if we visit there.

10. Join Date
    May 2017

SF IS DEAD And Democrats KILLED IT, Westfield Mall SURRENDERS PROPERTY Over Crime, Rampant Drug Use