New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sana na nga at eto na ang isa sa solusyon para hindi na mahirapan ang mga mag-claim ng insurance....

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Think of AIG and its local subsidiary, PhilAm. Both were percieved as strong and big insurance companies.

AIG fell.
    Philam fell and got sold.
    Although this statement was made last February, I beg to disagree that Philam got sold!

It used to be in the market but AIG changed it's mind.

Philam was not sold by AIG because it remained headstrong and it is the top insurance company in the Philippines.

It is now with the American International Assurance or AIA (sister company of AIG) in Asia.

Philamlfe has a new President, Mr. Trevor Bull, a British who took over the company after the retirement of Mr. Jose L. Cuisia Jr. last July, 2009.
    Last edited by LadyRider; August 14th, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Philam didnt fall

and the Philam sale didnt go thru

the AIG mothership changed its mind

Philam is now part of the AIA group

AIA is AIG's asia business

AIG plans to separate AIA from AIG by selling AIA shares

AIA will have a separate board and management after the IPO

IPO expected Q1 2010

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Although this statement was made last February, I beg to disagree that Philam got sold!

It used to be in the market but AIG changed it's mind.

Philam was not sold by AIG because it remained headstrong and it is the top insurance company in the Philippines.

It is now with the American International Assurance or AIA (sister company of AIG) in Asia.

Philamlfe has a new President, Mr. Trevor Bull, a British who took over the company after the retirement of Mr. Jose L. Cuisia Jr. last July, 2009.
    Specifically, Philamlife's non-life insurance has been transferred to AIU (American International Underwriters). http://commerciallines.insurance-bus..._to_aiu_190609

I have been with Philamlife since I got my latest car early 2008, so I was surprised to get a renewal quote from them just this week with AIU Insurance (Philippines) Company, Inc. on the letterhead.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Specifically, Philamlife's non-life insurance has been transferred to AIU (American International Underwriters). http://commerciallines.insurance-bus..._to_aiu_190609

I have been with Philamlife since I got my latest car early 2008, so I was surprised to get a renewal quote from them just this week with AIU Insurance (Philippines) Company, Inc. on the letterhead.
    AIG, AIA and AIU are all connected naman po except for Philam Bank that East West Bank aquired already.

Don't worry policy holders and clients. My mom has been with philamlife for the past 55 years. In case you have questions, you can always PM me.

Rest assured, if there will be changes, we will be the first ones to know!

But as of the moment, Philam is very stable and very reliable so no need to worry.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    here's something not many people heard about

since the AIG brand has been so f*cked up already, AIG is doing a complete makeover

http://www.cravenswarren.com/insuran...ubpage246.html

By John Q. Doyle - EVP, Chartis | Mon, 27 Jul 2009

AIG has announced the launch of it's new brand name and image. The re-branding is part of the restructuring which has transferred AIG's commercial and general insurance businesses into a newly formed entity named Chartis. Formerly AIU holdings, the formation of the new entity is a major step in the direction of operational independence from AIG.

Dear Business Colleagues:

Today, at 8 a.m. eastern standard time, it was announced that the special purpose vehicle (SPV) into which AIU Holdings will be contributed was formed, and that Kristian P. Moor has been named President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company.

In connection with these developments, we also announced the launch of our new brand, Chartis. These events represent exciting and significant milestones on our path toward operating independence and the unification of our market leading international and U.S. businesses under one brand.

I would like to thank you for our new brand, as it was developed with input from over 7,000 brokers, customers and employees. If you click on the attached diagram to the right, you will see that Chartis is the Greek word for map. It suggests our ability to set a course for our clients and to help them explore new possibilities. The logo is a compass in the shape of the letter C, for Chartis, and speaks to our entrepreneurial, problem-solving approach. Our brand line is "Your World, Insured", reflecting our focus on our clients. We believe that our new brand aligns closely with our traditional strengths, while communicating our goals and aspirations.

Today, Chartis serves 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. It had a combined statutory surplus of $32.1 billion worldwide at year-end 2008. In 2008, Chartis companies wrote nearly $50 billion in gross premiums worldwide. Soon, we will announce our second quarter earnings at which time we will provide you with updated financial information.

You can expect that we will introduce the Chartis brand worldwide over the next few months. Please visit our global website at www.chartisinsurance.com to find out more about Chartis and the products and services that we have created for you.

I hope you share our excitement about today’s developments. On behalf of the more than 34,000 Chartis employees, I want to thank you for your support of our new brand and for your business.

Best regards,

John Q. Doyle
    EVP, Chartis
    President and Chief Executive Officer, Chartis U.S.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hehehehe ang baho na kasi ng AIG name ala Daewoo in the automotive equivalent so just like Daewoo changing their cars name to Chevrolet (Spark, Optra, Aveo, Captiva) so will AIG change to what's it again? Chartis... Hmmm... di matunog para sa akin.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hehehehe ang baho na kasi ng AIG name ala Daewoo in the automotive equivalent so just like Daewoo changing their cars name to Chevrolet (Spark, Optra, Aveo, Captiva) so will AIG change to what's it again? Chartis... Hmmm... di matunog para sa akin.
    Sir Tidus parang katunog ng Novartis! Yung pharmaceutical company! (hehehe)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    UPDATE 4-AIG renames property-casualty arm ahead of sale
    http://www.reuters.com/article/euIpo...47315020090727

NEW YORK, July 27 (Reuters) - Bailed-out insurer American
    International Group Inc (AIG.N) rebranded its property-casualty
    business under the name Chartis on Monday and said it would put
    the equity for the division into a separate company -- key
    steps toward a sale of at least part of the business.

A special-purpose vehicle formed by AIG will consist of
    Chartis' North American commercial insurance units, foreign
    general insurance, and private client group.

The Chartis name replaces the property-casualty companies'
    previous branding as "AIG" or "AIU," the name long used by
    these businesses outside the United States.

Plans are also afoot to replace the AIG sign removed months
    ago from the front of the property-casualty division's New York
    headquarters with the Chartis name, and new compass logo.
    Last edited by uls; August 14th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I wonder how they will market this? A lot of other US insurers have remained quite strong special mention is MetLife. Di naman nila pwede sabihin they are formerly AIG kasi that will bring back the memories...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Unsure of the Insurers; The Declining Pre-need Industry