New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    From Business Mirror April 24, 2008
    [SIZE=3]We must stop Filipino worker migration![/SIZE]

Sure, I know it is not going to happen. And actually, I am not in favor of any sort of ban of this type. But I thought someone should say it at least once.

I am concerned by the evolution that it has taken and the current attitude toward Filipinos leaving the country.

I wrote in these pages two years ago that, “Every nation depends on the vibrancy, literary, commercial, scientific and social dynamism of its youth to make substantial national progress for the future.

Twenty years ago, Thais and Malaysians did not leave their home country. They stayed and built their nation.

Forty years ago, Taiwanese graduates did not go abroad, except for education, and now we provide the manual labor for their economy.”

When you see a large number of Filipino high-school graduates who list as their ambition to get a nursing degree so they can work abroad, you have the makings of a serious long-term problem.

But what if a global economic slowdown shuts the door on Filipino “global citizens”? What if economic isolationist policies become stronger in the First World countries?

What if we see a repatriation of Filipinos forced to give back their jobs because of rising unemployment in the host countries?

The Philippines is not prepared for this possibility, and will be less prepared if we condition our youth that an overseas job not only will be there but also is something one can always expect and plan for.

Perhaps more important on the migration issue, if it does continue through another generation, where does that lead the Philippines?

However, the illogical conclusion of this phenomena may be a time when “WOW Philippines” could mean something entirely different from today.

“World of Workers
    Philippines: We breed them, we train them, we ship them to your doorstep around the globe.”
    E-mail comments to mangun*email.com.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    It used to be “World of Wives Philippines: We breed them, we train them, we ship them to your doorstep around the globe.” because of the mail-order brides.

At least with OFW's there's no more gender discrimination.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    wala akong paki! basta ako,aalis ako. hindi ko na matiis ang corruption at anarchy dito!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    iba naman ang pinoy sa Thailanders or Taiwanese or Malaysians na mahal ang bansa nila.

Dont expect pinoys to stay here to help the country.

Pinoys are family first.

Di pala family first. Family only. Walang second, walang third. Family lang.

Who cares about the country?

The hell with the country.

hehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I don't think it's just the financial aspect that drives people to leave the country, but also for their own personal growth as a human being. If the article is all about helping the country help itself, then the environment should be conducive to growth. Otherwise, you really can't help the country grow, if your personal growth is stumped.

If the citizens cannot express social courtesy, social responsibility, etc. then they will never have peace of mind, and that will drive them crazy to seek better places, because they know it'll never change back there.

And since the foundation for personal growth has not been established, then the opportunity will never present itself, the situation will simply get worse, and the efflux will continue, if not increase.

What's even worse is that even if the country is predominantly Catholic, even if millions of people hear mass every Sunday, you can't help but wonder whatever happened why they can't treat other people like the way they're taught in Church?

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by mbeige; April 24th, 2008 at 10:25 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    bah alangan namang mag-stay pa dito sa pinas kung wala ng maipakain sa pamilya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i rest my case

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    with a government like ours, who would want to stay?

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    bah alangan namang mag-stay pa dito sa pinas kung wala ng maipakain sa pamilya.
    Na bullseye mo bro. This what we called "survival".

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    stay back home and build a country for the rats to feast on? nevermind...i might as well be a hermit! ano ako,gago? magpapakahirap ako tapos ang makikinabang eh mga politiko hindi na! hehehe ok lang na magpakaiwan dito kung nakikita mong may nangyayari naman sa sacrifice mo...eh meron ba? hehehe idealism can go so as the stomach/morale will take it
    isa pa, mukhang ang pinapaboran ng society dito sa atin eh yun mga hindi nagbabayad ng buwis aka "mga mahihirap" sge, kayo na lang magpaka martir! hehehe

abandon ship!

PS: pag magaling mag ingles ang mga malaysian,thai at taiwanese malaman matagal na nagsialisan ang mga yan tayo kasi international ang quality natin ayos ba?

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Stop Pinoy Migration!