New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    di bale dami naman koreans pumupunta dito.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    sino ba ang bumubuhay ng Pilipinas ngayon? hindi ba ang mga taong umalis ng bansa para magtrabaho?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I don't think there's a single person here who said living overseas is all sunshine and daisies. In fact, most say the opposite. We have to work very hard to get where we are now. It's people over there who think we simply pick our money from trees.

Here if we fail, we don't readily blame the government. The first people we blame are ourselves. We have only ourselves to blame if we can't feed our families.

Agree. But you have better opportunities there if you work hard.

And, I'd rather have this scenario where I have everything under my control and I have nothing to blame except me.

I certainly agree with you people can succeed over there. My sister found success over there and my wife had a job there when I met her.

Yes, it is possible,- but you have to have luck and probably connections, too. Having a job is not a solution because pay maybe so low that you cannot support a family.

More importantly, if you lose a job at a certain age,- there is a significant possibility that you will not find another job. Equal opportunities employment is not the rule here.

I have to disagree about having a charismatic leader. I rather have a butt-ugly, no-people appeal, boring leader who knows how to do the job than a charismatic one because oftentimes, charisma is all a charismatic leader has. Take John McCain. He rarely makes speeches here because he's busy at work. He often comes out as too quiet and boring. But, I've been to the absolute poorest section of town and guess what? The streets are clean and orderly, every house has the familiar blue and green trash bins, graffiti is at a minimum. Of course, there are more cops patrolling there than other parts of town. But that's besides the point. Someone up there's doing their job. To me, that's more important than people-appeal.

Similarly, are there any controversies involving the Las Pinas city government? How do they compare to the rest of Manila's politicians? I have to ask because I haven't heard anything about them at all. To me, it sounds like they're too busy doing their job. Here's their website:

http://www.geocities.com/laspinascity/

Aguilar is not the best looking person or official in the city.

But he has indeed transformed the place to a model city in the country.

One thing I don't particular like though is the way his people are managing the traffic in Zap-Alab Road. Because of short sightedness and lack of proper training, we are infamously known for being the "counterflow capital of the country"

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    sino ba ang bumubuhay ng Pilipinas ngayon? hindi ba ang mga taong umalis ng bansa para magtrabaho?

Tama ka naman diyan bro.

Pero, pakiusap lang, huwag mong kalilimutan kaming mga namamasukan sa trabaho na pag-sweldo ay kaltas na ang buwis para sa ating gobyerno (sana sa bayan.....)....

5909:burn:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Members/families with upper middle class income and with high income tend to leave the country permanently and build there homes and invest in their adopted land.

This is a phenomenon that I want to understand.

Bro jpdm,- I hope I am interpreting your log correctly as I am quoting it here.

Maybe the middle-income earners are taking these actions because they see that their perceived "advantage" is slowly eroding because the country is sinking deeper and deeper. And since they're popular in our communities, we see them as a trend.

However, in my (limited) though numerous encounters of Pinoys in the US, I see that most of them came from low-income families here. Some even jumped ship in LA/Florida, or crossed the border from Mexico. Also, most of our relatives who are now in the US came from low income-families here.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Like I said, regardless of familial wealth, it's also the personal growth. Those well-to-do families can travel abroad, and they can see how life is so they plan to migrate and move on in life because they can see that despite working hard, they know that's a given already but the peace of mind of living in communities that are so much more peaceful, serene, more pleasant people, etc - that peace of mind can't be bought back there.

On the other hand, low-income families strive to live better lives but all they get is oppression from all directions. They can't get up the work ladder, their salaries are meager, there's no personal growth (you'll go crazy if you stick to a really low-wage job for years once you desire more yet you can't move on).

I am an immigrant because my mother found out her great grandpa was a citizen, when she filed the papers it was automatically deduced to their generation to become citizens, so she petitioned us and we moved over. It was just pure luck I guess but looking back they also had plans years ago, it's just that there was no means yet. I guess it was just timely, so now I'm doing the same with my wife and hopefully get her out of the mess we have back there. It's just too chaotic nowadays.

Like they say, different strokes for different folks.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Pero, pakiusap lang, huwag mong kalilimutan kaming mga namamasukan sa trabaho na pag-sweldo ay kaltas na ang buwis para sa ating gobyerno (sana sa bayan.....)
    opo!

katulad mo malaki din binabayaran kong buwis iba pa yung per computer na binabayaran ko (400 per computer)iba pa yung mayor's permit at buwis.... buwis... buwis... buwisit!)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hahaha.
    kung ayaw nilang mag-migrate,
    eh di i-export or pa-dhl na lang. hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    how about telling the politicians to migrate.....and we will live happily ever after.
    seriously, may figures ba kung gaano kadami ang
    nagmi-migrate? or baka naman ang dumadami lang
    ay yung mga ofw's? if that's the case, babalik at
    babalik pa rin yung mga yan. personally, permanent
    residents na kami ng family ko dito sa s'pore pero I
    look forward to the day na babalik na uli kami sa
    pilipinas to settle. though habang tumatagal, based
    sa mga nababalita ko diyan sa pinas, parang tinatabangan
    na ako. parang ang reason ko na lang para bumalik sa
    pinas eh dahil nandun ang mga kamag-anak ko, aside
    from the fact na mahirap magka-kotse dito. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gigil post ba bro hehe

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hehehe the caffeine didnt kick in yet when i was typing that

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    woohoo! may natanggap akong email na may job offer sa lucas films :D yes!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Stop Pinoy Migration!