New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Agree.

pero Don Bosco iba....

Yah. DB yata 6-6-6 months for teaching,training, and apprenticeship eh. Puwede na din yun depende sa foundations nung student. Ang di ko talaga ma-gets ay bakit hot na hot sila to come up with a 6-months only program. Kung tutuusin, you can't even come up with a decent care giver in that time!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Schools should focus more on industrial demands. Meralco is good in this aspect except for the diesel engines they have, its not being updated.

The key to the success of a technician/mechanic is where he does his OJT/
    apprenticeship. He should be exposed to all sorts of brands, machines with diverse type of situations, shop and field. Its very important that the company/shop should follow the shop manual and OEM specifications at all times.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I was under the impression you're supposed to finish HS first like everybody else then go to vocational school. By that point, you should have a good background in math, science, and english. Then you go to a trade school.

Add: High school trade skills won't be enough. Take plumbing, you'd need to learn advanced skills like gas lines and also different building codes. You might learn really basic pipe-laying skills or the use of lathes to thread your own pipes. But, they're just that, very basic.

OT
    Hmmm. If I decide to open a plumbing business...... "Kubeta King" sounds like a good name for it.
    No. I finished my basic carpentry, electricity and electronics by second year high school. By third year I choose machine shop as my class section.
    So third and fourth year was spent on machine shop and drafting.

It has been 20 years but I think if I am let loose in a fully equiped machine shop I can build an AK47, and with a supervisor to direct me... hhmmm....
    anything he wants. So long as the plans can be downloaded from the internet, then it can be done.

I think I can build a radio transmitter from junk if I can get my hands on an radio and electrical engineers handbook, if my life will depend on it. Though I plan to build one before I go. If GOD will grant me more time, I will throw in a canoe on this project.

My first skilled job was as a machinist for ACME machine tools mfg. When
    I was applying for the job I was quite disappointed to learn that most of the applicants were engineers. All I have was my high school diploma and NBI clearance. This was 9am, went thru the interview which was a quiz on the vernier caliper. By 10am I was instructed to report for work at 2pm same day. By 3pm I am standing in front of a machine I have never seen
    and no idea what it can do. Spend the rest of the day cleaning it and thinking "this is my station? hell! what the hell is this?". Next day I started making carbide cutting tools
    milling machine section.

After about 2 weeks I was reunited with the engineer applicants as they
    are starting their on the job training.

I never got to get certified as a machinist but was certified by TESDA
    as a diesel mechanic.

I dont think you need to be a high school graduate to start vocational training. 11 years old will do as a qualification for vocational training.

I learned from Don Bosco Mandaluyong, High School Class 1990,
    Machine Shop 1990 and Don Bosco Amateur Radio Station DX1DBT 1991-1993.
    Last edited by mark_t; May 20th, 2008 at 01:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Agree.

pero Don Bosco iba....

Medyo demanding din kasi vocational training doon,
    kung dumb bell ka eh hindi ka rin makakapasa sa entrance exams.

Kung makapasa ka, kayanin mo or mag caregiver program ka.

I dont know how it is now, but before all those coming in for vocational training are coming in as scholars.

Meralco foundation also sends their students there for their laboratory. 20 plus years ago,
    for those old enough to remember.
    Last edited by mark_t; May 20th, 2008 at 01:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    paki bura na lang po ito.
    Last edited by mark_t; May 20th, 2008 at 02:09 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    May mga High School n amay kasamang, vocational studies napag graduate ng studiaynte dalawa diploma... high school at vocational.

Sa Australia, may sawikain ang mga kababaihan doo na, If you want to be well to do in life, marry a handyman." As in other developed countries, parang mga doktor sila charging on a per hur basis.

Ang naksisira sa profession na ito d2 sa atin ay napakaraming charlatans na makapulot lang ng kaunting kaalamn, kung umasta kala mo phd na sa kanyang gawa at kung pumalpak, naglalaho na lang. Buti na lang malakas pa ang padrino system sa atin na sa sitwasyon ng pngangailangan ng maggaling ng mga tabahador ay malking tulong na mabawasan ang paninira ng mga nagmamarunong.

Sa ngayon, dahil sa paglaganap ng nakasasamang birth control na sang-ayon sa UNFPA formulaa ang mga bansang umakap sa formalng ito ng UNFPA ay nakakaranas ng sobrang negative population growth na nakabuti naman sa mga voxcational graduates sa atin. Nag-i-import sila ngayon ng tao para umandar ang econmia nila.

Maganda sana lang sana na makatulong ang mga vocational graduates dito sa atin na maitaguyod ang pag utilize ng ating mga natural resources na karamihan ay hindi na gagamit ng husto o d kaya'y di nagagmit para makatulong maisaayos ang pamumuhay ng mga napakaraming Pilipino na ngayn ay nakakrans ng gutom at kahirapan sa kna-kanilang mga pamilya.

KSC

Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    paki bura na lang po ito.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I getting to like the posts...

...It confirms that there are indeed schools other that universities that can provide better opportunities to Pinoys such as these technical/vocational schools...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I wish more people will read Rizal's writings as he has very good points for direction, like starting to produce again ships for trade. We should build ships
    and not this fertiliser scams, zte-nbn sh**, we are exporting our natural resources timber, copper, used paper, we are even exporting our clay to be made into pottery in japan.We are even exporting high test sugargane for alcohol production to the us. We should replant our forests and export traditional cargo boats like indonesia. We should stop buying our arms from the US and develope our own defence industry and create jobs.

All of this could be processed here with local labor, unfortunately we do not
    have the beginnings of a good government.

God help us.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I hope the government will subsidize schools that offer high quality technical and vocational courses such as TUP, PUP, SUCs and even privately owned schools such as Guzman Tech .....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Agree.

Kasama na rin diyan ang Don Bosco, pati na ang Meralco Foundation....

6000:mobile:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Technical/Vocational grad in Demand