New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    yes we are but we are not part of the ignorant and gullible, at least I know I'm not.

Unfortunately, it's the ignorant and gullible who are the majority of the voting population.

Then it's "our" job to educate them isn't it? Because all I'm seeing in this thread is complain about this, that and those without offering any real solution except for it's not our fault or it's somebody else's problem.

:fly:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    Then it's "our" job to educate them isn't it? Because all I'm seeing in this thread is complain about this, that and those without offering any real solution except for it's not our fault or it's somebody else's problem.

the ppcrv accepts volunteers! although we're not allowed to directly influence the voter's choice of candidates, informing juan de la cruz of simple techniques such as making a pre-set list of candidates actually helps them weed the good candidates from the bad.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    what's a ppcrv???

:scratchhead:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    what's a ppcrv???
    Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Oh yes, I can't agree with you more on that.

Why? What's wrong with airing your opinion on the kind of voting public we have?

Not posting solutions in this thread doesn't mean you're not doing anything about the problem.

Maybe they are already doing their part in educating other voters in their own way, and they just don't want us to know.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Aren't we part of the masses???

*shrugs*
    nope sir. I dont consider myself as part of it

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005

there's no sense educating the one's who like to become ignorant for life. for them it's a virtue.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Dito kasi sa atin kasi, madami example ng mga tao na umasenso sa diskarte, hindi thru education.

Like Manny Pacman, Efren Bata, mga artista, mga artista turned politician etc...

those people are our people's idols. People are convinced that it just takes diskarte and street smarts and good looks and common sense to get ahead.

"di naman pala kelangan magtapos ng pag aaral e... diskarte lang sa buhay ang kelangan... kita mo si __________."

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Dito kasi sa atin kasi, madami example ng mga tao na umasenso sa diskarte, hindi thru education.

Like Manny Pacman, Efren Bata, mga artista, mga artista turned politician etc...

those people are our people's idols. People are convinced that it just takes diskarte and street smarts and good looks and common sense to get ahead.

"di naman pala kelangan magtapos ng pag aaral e... diskarte lang sa buhay ang kelangan... kita mo si __________."

agree! dami kong kilala ganito ang mind set...

IMHO, we need a strong leader which can Influence the Masses at the same time the elites. I still believe Democracy is still the best form of government for us, we only need to put one D on it. Discipline

Good Discipline will cover all aspect may it be in education, corruption, work, business, family and religion.

by putting good discipline in anything we do in a daily basis, we contribute to the growth of our country.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Discipline comes from self control.

A person develops self control when he learns to suppress the raw, primal beast within.

Failure of suppression results in animal-like behavior.

do we see a lot of animal-like behavior in our society?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Suffrage plus democracy equals POVERTY!