New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Isn't it a pity that Thomas Aquinas and Stephen Hawking do not live in the same age? Hehe.

In any case, I go with St. Thomas. His treatises on God, Creation, the Science of Doctrine (yes, he's used the philosopher's own tool to prove that Sacred Doctrine is science!) in his Summa Theologica would refute any of Hawking's objections. Of course, I've only just browsed his voluminous tome in my Kindle.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    Isn't it a pity that Thomas Aquinas and Stephen Hawking do not live in the same age? Hehe.

In any case, I go with St. Thomas. His treatises on God, Creation, the Science of Doctrine (yes, he's used the philosopher's own tool to prove that Sacred Doctrine is science!) in his Summa Theologica would refute any of Hawking's objections. Of course, I've only just browsed his voluminous tome in my Kindle.
    Umabot ka din dito. RC planted poster ka ba bro?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    well... to each his own.

stephen hawking believes what he believes

and we also believe what we want to believe

at the end of the day (no pun intended) its our lives and we are all accountable for it

whether now or afterlife

so the other message (of living our lives to the fullest - and in a possitive way, i should add) is what really matters on this whole interview brouhaha

:-)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Umabot ka din dito. RC planted poster ka ba bro?
    RC as in Roman Catholic? I am such, but not planted here.

Salamat naman at napansin mo ang post ko. I hope you didn't take offense. As far as I can remember, none of the tsikot long-time members took offense on any of my meager posts since I joined tsikot in 2004.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha... planted? CtrlAltDel is a long-time member of the religious debate club on tsikot. (Hey, we haven't had a good one in a long time...) ;)

The Bishops have better things to do than to plant posters on boards.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hahaha... planted? CtrlAltDel is a long-time member of the religious debate club on tsikot. (Hey, we haven't had a good one in a long time...) ;)

The Bishops have better things to do than to plant posters on boards.
    Oo nga, ang kulit ng thread na 'yun pero masaya, hahah. Thanks for the backup Niky. Ikaw pa lang napansin kung familiar na old-timer dito. Might as well browse other threads.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    RC as in Roman Catholic? I am such, but not planted here.

Salamat naman at napansin mo ang post ko. I hope you didn't take offense. As far as I can remember, none of the tsikot long-time members took offense on any of my meager posts since I joined tsikot in 2004.
    Ah hindi, RC din naman me and I get your point naman. Kaya nga smiley ng nilagay ko.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Or, as Robert Heinlem would put it: "Thou art God" (meaning God is in everyone and everything)
    Reminds me of a short science fiction story by Frederic Brown about a supercomputer. When switched on, the first question put to the computer was "Is there a God?" The computer answered, "Yes, now there is a God."

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A better one is this one:

The Last Question -- Isaac Asimov

A sort of tongue-in-cheek story by Isaac Asimov about the universe and our place in it. Humans create a supercomputer that solves the energy crisis, but ask it how to reverse entrophy. Over the centuries, it keeps saying: "Insufficient Data". In the end... well... best to read it for yourself...

The Robert Heinlem quote is from "Stranger in a Strange Land"... where a Martian-raised human launches his own religion based on the precept that God is in Everything... sort of a communal view of God. Very hippie. Very 60's. Not very far from the Judeo-Christian theological premise that God is omnipresent and omnipotent. If he truly is omnipresent... then we truly are "God"... or at least a small part of him.
    Last edited by niky; May 25th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Stephen Hawking says afterlife is a fairy story