New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No big deal to me. Spanish is my second language next to English. It makes sense. Most people here think I'm Hispanic including most Pinoys. Whenever I encounter a new Pinoy, they always have that puzzled look.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer View Post
    FYI if you don't know it yet....spanish is next to english as the most widely used language in the USA and the number 1 language in Americas.
    I agree! Nagsisisi nga ako kasi I didn't try to learn how to speak Spanish when I was still in Manila since I had a lot of spare time back then. Madaming lumalapit sa akin dito tapos they talk to me in Spanish, ang hirap talaga. I also noticed that you have a good chance of getting a job if you know how to speak Spanish here. I just don't know sa ibang states, pero here in Florida, it seems like a necessity to learn!

Pero I still believe na masmadaming kailangan ayusin at unahin ang Pilipinas muna bago nila intindihin ang mga ganitong mga bagay.
    Last edited by dazedchiq; August 20th, 2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the last sentence. :)

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Aqui vamos otra vesI
    No entiendo porque GLORIA desean al stablish Phils. como pais de habla hispana en ASIA. Pilipinos si mismo linada habla ma's thier posee correctamente el dialecto (palabras inglesa del tagalog) con hacia fuera (taglish) y en el mundo nosotros que van a hablar spanol.

I dont understand our goverment. I guess there watching to much movie... BACK TO THE FUTURE.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Implemented correctly = major +++++++++++++

:fly:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am currently in Spain and nosebleed ako lagi kase bihira dito marunong mag-English hehe. Dito kase mukang ikaw mag-aadjust sa kanila, kung hindi ka marunong mag-Spanish, sorry na lang. In our case kase, we try to be as accommodating as possible, kaya siguro naisipan na ibalik Spanish as a required language. Pero agree din ako na medyo mahirap nga tong gawin...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Are there any spanish speaking country in east asia? none? kung ma-implement ito ng maayos, magandang panghatak ito sa mga investors at international students (e.g. koreans coming to philippines to learn english) ....

like it or not, it's part of our heritage (500 years of spanish colonization). in Japan, spanish is becoming the 2nd most sought after language skill next to english due to influx of mexicans (getting mexican tourist visa is not strict, they can even extend their visas upto six months... perhaps manpower for their japan's factories?). Dumadami na din kasi yung mga opening sa mga spanish interpreters/teachers. Bagong opportunity ito para sa "international" pinoy..... pero kung ayaw wag pipilitin, yung gusto lang .

I agree with Gas Junkie, nasa implementation na lang siguro yan.....
    Last edited by Negus; August 21st, 2007 at 08:38 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Vamos tumba la cama, entrada mi picoy tu fuerta, con atras abante; no pwersa pero sige rapido birada, cargada cemilya todo discarga..ole

ayoko ng spanish hirap pag-aralan ang haba-haba ang ibig sabihin lang pala ay "***"

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sige por bapor contra eroplano biyahe de familya ko sa disyembre

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gloria is not crazy.
    Spanish is not going to be oficialized as Tagalo or English, it wouldn't make sense. When Gloria talks about oficialize it, she should be saying that it will be a requirement in schools and high-schools. Perhaps, only perhaps, a law allowing small commutinies to raise spanish as an official local language can be purchased....but where can be spanish chosen to be official? =D Maybe in Zamboanga?

All you should consider she is a member of the "Real Academia Española de Filipinas", that is an institution that promotes and standarize the spanish language, this institution is placed in all the spanish speaking countries and Philippines. Spanish is part of our heritage, Rizal is considered one of the best writers in spanish of the XIX century for instance, and the 1st constitution was written in spanish....... It makes sense a compulsory study of spanish, but of course it would be stupid if spanish were a requirement to be teacher of judge :-). Perhaps it wasn't 100 years ago, but now......

I think the law will be extremly good. Culturally Philippines is the only "occidental" country of Asia.....christian heritage, and an occidental important language ( English!!!! =D) . Opening again Philipines to spanish can bring us a good chance to develop comercial relationships with America, not only US, and of course even it can bring here some investment from Spain if there are enough high qualified people with a proficency in Spanish.

Spanish is not so difficult, aprox 1 in 5 or 6 words in talago is quasi-transparent to spanish.

SPANISH ABSOLUTELY OFFICIAL- NO!!!!
    SPANISH COMPULSORY IN PRIMARY AND SECONDARY- YES!!!!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Spanish language? not a big deal for me, i'm a cebuano,we speak visayan mixed with spanish.here in miami baha ang magagandang latina,they call me mucho dinero de guapito he he he.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Spanish: to be official language again