New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you vote for the administration bet, Gibo?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 53.49%
  • No

34 39.53%
  • Undecided

6 6.98%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    /\ nice one, bro, the mere efforts of analyzing two different time settings and putting it in writing shows that you're concerned about our nation. . .

however, if gibo is really smart, why does he still associate himself with gloria? if he was a man of principle, he should have distanced himself from the present administration a long time ago. . .a vote for gibo is a vote of approval of gloria's performance

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    / nice one, bro, the mere efforts of analyzing two different time settings and putting it in writing shows that you're concerned about our nation. . .

however, if gibo is really smart, why does he still associate himself with gloria? if he was a man of principle, he should have distanced himself from the present administration a long time ago. . .a vote for gibo is a vote of approval of gloria's performance
    That is the big difference between him and FVR. FVR carries the beacon of democracy and progress that Cory was leaving. In the case of Gibo, he is supporting the corrupt system and people of Gloria and even acknowledged that he will continue such bankrupt policies of his predecessor. I can only say enough of Gloria and enough of Gibo!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    / nice one, bro, the mere efforts of analyzing two different time settings and putting it in writing shows that you're concerned about our nation. . .

I think -- or at least from what I am seeing lately -- Gibo does not only seem to be distancing himself from Gloria, but he is turning out to be his own man. If FVR was able to distance himself from Cory, I think Gibo also has that capacity. For someone who is very intelligent and principled, I don't think Gibo will allow himself to be a mere puppet. After all, he was brought up by highly principled parents... his dad Gilberto Sr was head of the SSS during the Marcos era, and he was able to stave of the Marcoses' rapacious hands and managed to keep the SSS intact.

One thing I haven't written about is what is volunteers have been doing the past several weeks. Of all the presidential campaigns being run today, his campaign one that is truly headed not by him but by the volunteers themselves. In fact, one common refrain I keep hearing is that they are voting for Gibo specifically because Gibo does not claim to be the miracle-man of the Philippines: the true miracle-men are the people themselves, and that Gibo will only serve as the facilitator and enabling agent for change and progress.

This ties well with my own educational philosophy of Constructivism, where the teacher is NOT the source of all information, but is instead a guide and enabler who points out the various sources of information, and that true learning is brought about by the students themselves.

Another interesting thing is that where some candidates are known to spend a significant amounts of their own money (particularly one candidate) to bankroll their campaign, Gibo's Green Army spend their own money to contribute to his campaign: they buy their own shirts, make their own posters, manufacture their own ballers, contribute their time, vehicles, and supplies... all while being very passionate yet tempered about the whole exercise.

That is the big difference between him and FVR. FVR carries the beacon of democracy and progress that Cory was leaving. In the case of Gibo, he is supporting the corrupt system and people of Gloria and even acknowledged that he will continue such bankrupt policies of his predecessor. I can only say enough of Gloria and enough of Gibo!
    I agree to enough of Gloria and her corrupt people. But I wouldn't necessarily say the same for Gibo: he is very respectable, and is said to have managed to be one of two honest people in Gloria's cabinet (see this article: http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php...cial-love-life)

His answers to questions have always been thought out and level-headed, which indicates someone who doesn't shoot from the hip but is very reflective. Someone like that, I know, will do the right thing.

It is quite difficult not to admire the composure of Gibo. He doesn't spew bile, he doesn't get riled up or angry (being a pilot is a really good training on this), and he respects the other candidates. But more impressively, other candidates respect him because they know his person.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I think -- or at least from what I am seeing lately -- Gibo does not only seem to be distancing himself from Gloria, but he is turning out to be his own man. If FVR was able to distance himself from Cory, I think Gibo also has that capacity. For someone who is very intelligent and principled, I don't think Gibo will allow himself to be a mere puppet. After all, he was brought up by highly principled parents... his dad Gilberto Sr was head of the SSS during the Marcos era, and he was able to stave of the Marcoses' rapacious hands and managed to keep the SSS intact.

One thing I haven't written about is what is volunteers have been doing the past several weeks. Of all the presidential campaigns being run today, his campaign one that is truly headed not by him but by the volunteers themselves. In fact, one common refrain I keep hearing is that they are voting for Gibo specifically because Gibo does not claim to be the miracle-man of the Philippines: the true miracle-men are the people themselves, and that Gibo will only serve as the facilitator and enabling agent for change and progress.

This ties well with my own educational philosophy of Constructivism, where the teacher is NOT the source of all information, but is instead a guide and enabler who points out the various sources of information, and that true learning is brought about by the students themselves.

Another interesting thing is that where some candidates are known to spend a significant amounts of their own money (particularly one candidate) to bankroll their campaign, Gibo's Green Army spend their own money to contribute to his campaign: they buy their own shirts, make their own posters, manufacture their own ballers, contribute their time, vehicles, and supplies... all while being very passionate yet tempered about the whole exercise.

I agree to enough of Gloria and her corrupt people. But I wouldn't necessarily say the same for Gibo: he is very respectable, and is said to have managed to be one of two honest people in Gloria's cabinet (see this article: http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php...cial-love-life)

His answers to questions have always been thought out and level-headed, which indicates someone who doesn't shoot from the hip but is very reflective. Someone like that, I know, will do the right thing.

It is quite difficult not to admire the composure of Gibo. He doesn't spew bile, he doesn't get riled up or angry (being a pilot is a really good training on this), and he respects the other candidates. But more impressively, other candidates respect him because they know his person.

You said it! I was there since january! Kaso we were beaten in the mainstream media kaya wala talagang maririnig about our efforts.

Last may 1. We just had a 874 (ncr only) car convoy and I lead it. No media. all volunteers. Walang galing sa lakas.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005

Spot on sir, spot on! I would have said the same thing.

SULONG GIBO!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Regardless of his background, Gibo will never put closure to issues that divided and soiled the soul of this nation. The issues that Gloria cheated in the election, corrupted all the levels of government. The issues that the people who will govern with Gibo are the same corrupt and bankrupt people beholden to Gloria. Gibo has said it that he will not prosecute those responsible for these issues because we must have reconciliation. Sorry but true and genuine reconciliation can only be achieved if justice is served, if those responsible are jailed, if dignity will be given to the nation corrupted by people who originally swore to defend its citizens. That was the mistake of EDSA 1 and it will happen again under Gibo. Gloria will be getting off scot-free with billions of pesos in her pocket with the golden chance of becoming the next speaker. No more please, Gibo should have foreseen this scenario.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Regardless of his background, Gibo will never put closure to issues that divided and soiled the soul of this nation. The issues that Gloria cheated in the election, corrupted all the levels of government. The issues that the people who will govern with Gibo are the same corrupt and bankrupt people beholden to Gloria. (digitalron note: emphasis added)
    Links sir or references that this is the case. otherwise, aren't we just making speculations here?

Gibo has said it that he will not prosecute those responsible for these issues because we must have reconciliation.
    Those are serious accusations, sir. care to share links or references? Otherwise, one can be accused of putting words on someone's mouth, where such words didn't actually exist, and really... that smacks of deception.... not exactly a word one would want to associate with your campaign, yes?

Sorry but true and genuine reconciliation can only be achieved if justice is served, if those responsible are jailed, if dignity will be given to the nation corrupted by people who originally swore to defend its citizens. That was the mistake of EDSA 1 and it will happen again under Gibo. Gloria will be getting off scot-free with billions of pesos in her pocket with the golden chance of becoming the next speaker. No more please, Gibo should have foreseen this scenario.
    Again, who are we to say that Gibo will not push for the prosecution of those proven to have done wrong? And who is to say that others will push for such prosecution for sure?

Politics is one very complicated beast, and to say that it is not is either naive or simply playing the people for a fool. Compromises WILL occur. And sometimes, we need to understand that such compromises are necessary. To disavow this is unduly simplifying reality, and contributes to the idiotization of a lot of our countrymen.

I would rather vote for someone with clear action points, someone with realistic and achievable goals, rather than to rely on someone who keeps mouthing lofty yet nebulous "motherhood" statements that sound good on sound-bites, but which do not represent any concrete plans.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Links sir or references that this is the case. otherwise, aren't we just making speculations here?

Those are serious accusations, sir. care to share links or references? Otherwise, one can be accused of putting words on someone's mouth, where such words didn't actually exist, and really... that smacks of deception.... not exactly a word one would want to associate with your campaign, yes?

Again, who are we to say that Gibo will not push for the prosecution of those proven to have done wrong? And who is to say that others will push for such prosecution for sure?

Politics is one very complicated beast, and to say that it is not is either naive or simply playing the people for a fool. Compromises WILL occur. And sometimes, we need to understand that such compromises are necessary. To disavow this is unduly simplifying reality, and contributes to the idiotization of a lot of our countrymen.

I would rather vote for someone with clear action points, someone with realistic and achievable goals, rather than to rely on someone who keeps mouthing lofty yet nebulous "motherhood" statements that sound good on sound-bites, but which do not represent any concrete plans.
    Pre, that's feigning his public statement. Check youtube on his interview by Arnold Clavio and Howie Severino sa GMA 7. It would be very difficult for him to bite the hands that feed him pero he did it to his very loyal uncle who bankrolled his political ambition.

Alam ko lahat ng maunlad na bansa dito sa Asean nagkaroon ng compromises pero meron accountability. Because that is the only way to show the ordinary people that those who are privileged must also suffer the consequences of their unlawful actions. You demand obedience, one should know how to obey.

I always remember Gibo's answer when he was asked whether he would use his money for his presidential campaign that would approximately amount to 1Billion, sabi nya HELL NO! It must come from people who believe in his governance. Tanong ngayon, san kaya kinuha ng Lakas CMD yung pera to activate his campaign. Your guess is as good as mine.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
    Pre, that's feigning his public statement. Check youtube on his interview by Arnold Clavio and Howie Severino sa GMA 7.

I know he refused to answer in one interview when asked if he thinks that Arroyo did something that could cause her to be prosecuted. Does his refusal to answer necessarily equate to not wanting to prosecute GMA if she is found guilty?

Also, you specifically made a statement saying that Gibo will not prosecute those responsible for various "issues." Because you made the accusation, the burden is on you to show that he did so. And you can show proof by pointing to specific links that I (and others who are interested) can go to to watch, read, and study. Otherwise, your statement becomes nothing but your own opinion, and not the fact that you are purporting it to be.

It would be very difficult for him to bite the hands that feed him pero he did it to his very loyal uncle who bankrolled his political ambition.
    Are you an insider sir that you can honestly say what truly happened between Gibo and his uncle that caused GT to jump ship? There will always be disagreements even among family, and don't you think his jumping ship is because he felt such disagreements no longer allow him to follow his uncle's direction?

Alam ko lahat ng maunlad na bansa dito sa Asean nagkaroon ng compromises pero meron accountability. Because that is the only way to show the ordinary people that those who are privileged must also suffer the consequences of their unlawful actions. You demand obedience, one should know how to obey.
    I strongly agree on the need to have accountability. But such accountability must be premised on tangible proof and in following the prescription of the law. That is why we have a judicial system. Otherwise, we are simply subscribing to mob rule based on speculation.

Note that I am not saying that GMA has not done anything wrong. in fact, I have lost faith in her a long time ago. However, I cannot support having her jailed if there is no tangible proof of her crimes. My personal feelings may say she did wrong things, but unless there is a basis, she cannot be punished.

I always remember Gibo's answer when he was asked whether he would use his money for his presidential campaign that would approximately amount to 1Billion, sabi nya HELL NO! It must come from people who believe in his governance. Tanong ngayon, san kaya kinuha ng Lakas CMD yung pera to activate his campaign. Your guess is as good as mine.
    He inherited from his parents (and his wife from her's), and so it is his money; he can decide to do what he wishes with his own money. If he doesn't want to spend his own money for his campaign, it's a risk he was willing to take. Fortunately for him, a lot of people who believed in him pitched in. And that includes the volunteers who are spearheading his campaign.

Sure, Lakas poured in money as well. I will not speculate on where they sourced it, because I don't know. Do you where they got it? I will only make my thoughts known once the accounting of fund source and use is right in front of me. Am I being naive? No. Rather, I am trying to be objective. And so should everybody else.

To be honest, I am tired of campaigns premised on innuendos and speculations, where misrepresentation and deception is the name of the game.

I would like to see campaigns premised on solid, tangible programs, on goals and advocacies. Campaigning by maligning the competition is so immature, and smacks of unsophistication.

So, point out the proofs; you may yet change my mind. Otherwise, sorry, I do not buy from snake oil salesmen.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    [quote=digitalron;1468267]I know he refused to answer in one interview when asked if he thinks that Arroyo did something that could cause her to be prosecuted. Does his refusal to answer necessarily equate to not wanting to prosecute GMA if she is found guilty?

When you are being asked as a leader about something significant and you refused to answer yes or no, you are hiding something especially when you mince words in your answer. Succinctly, Gibo refused to answer because Gloria is the head of Lakas. It already shows that he has no balls to go against his party mates, even to those who do wrong.

Also, you specifically made a statement saying that Gibo will not prosecute those responsible for various "issues." Because you made the accusation, the burden is on you to show that he did so. And you can show proof by pointing to specific links that I (and others who are interested) can go to to watch, read, and study. Otherwise, your statement becomes nothing but your own opinion, and not the fact that you are purporting it to be.
    It is a safe and plausible conclusion from his very statement that he pays good to those who do good. The problem arises when those who did good to him did something very wrong to the other people. How would he present a solomonic solution? Well, similar to his position with Gloria, mahirap makialam baka meron pang masabi ang mga tao. He is a reminder of how Pontius Pilate washed his hands so as not to be accused of putting an innocent man to death. In this case, he is washing his hands when it pertains to the sins of Gloria. Too bad.

Are you an insider sir that you can honestly say what truly happened between Gibo and his uncle that caused GT to jump ship? There will always be disagreements even among family, and don't you think his jumping ship is because he felt such disagreements no longer allow him to follow his uncle's direction?
    Regardless of whether one is an insider or not, it shows his lack of good manners. Gibo clearly does not have the support of Danding for President because NPC believes that Chiz is winnable. But because of his ambitious stance, he saw his uncle as hindrance considering that he will not get it from him. So becoming a political butterfly, shifted to Lakas.

I strongly agree on the need to have accountability. But such accountability must be premised on tangible proof and in following the prescription of the law. That is why we have a judicial system. Otherwise, we are simply subscribing to mob rule based on speculation.

Note that I am not saying that GMA has not done anything wrong. in fact, I have lost faith in her a long time ago. However, I cannot support having her jailed if there is no tangible proof of her crimes. My personal feelings may say she did wrong things, but unless there is a basis, she cannot be punished.
    You have to distinguish the participants in the judicial system because there are prosecutors and there are judges. The people that would determine whether there is probable cause to file criminal information depends on the prosecutors under either the DOJ or the Ombudsman. To immediately declare his hands-off policy even before filing of criminal complaint is short of saying that it will not prosper because ultimately, as in the case of the DOJ, it is the President who can rule whether it will be filed in court as in the case of the Ampatuans.

He inherited from his parents (and his wife from her's), and so it is his money; he can decide to do what he wishes with his own money. If he doesn't want to spend his own money for his campaign, it's a risk he was willing to take. Fortunately for him, a lot of people who believed in him pitched in. And that includes the volunteers who are spearheading his campaign.

Sure, Lakas poured in money as well. I will not speculate on where they sourced it, because I don't know. Do you where they got it? I will only make my thoughts known once the accounting of fund source and use is right in front of me. Am I being naive? No. Rather, I am trying to be objective. And so should everybody else.
    Haha Objectivity from Lakas. I was trying to be objective how the Philippines ended up with a deficit of more than 180Billion and the NFA importing rice of more than P62 Billion before election. Siguro mapagkawang gawa ang gubyerno sa pagtulong sa mga nakakaraming dukha sa atin.

To be honest, I am tired of campaigns premised on innuendos and speculations, where misrepresentation and deception is the name of the game.

I would like to see campaigns premised on solid, tangible programs, on goals and advocacies. Campaigning by maligning the competition is so immature, and smacks of unsophistication.

So, point out the proofs; you may yet change my mind. Otherwise, sorry, I do not buy from snake oil salesmen.

So why Gibo?