New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I have been a long time idol of Miriam. Even during her most bipolar phases.

What I did not like was her political entanglements and alliances, but in a den of thieves like Philippine politics, it's less a question of whether or not you sleep with devils, but which ones you sleep with.

And in the cases where I didn't agree with her, such as on issues of Arroyo and Corona, you could tell that her position was taken from jurisprudence, and in the end, she was proven right.

-

Wag lang si Bongbong, ha... pero she was very old, frail and sick by that point.

-

Rest in Peace, Miriam... you are the best President this country never had.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Wag lang si Bongbong, ha... pero she was very old, frail and sick by that point.
    What do you think of the Marcos partnership? How badly was her back against the wall that she had to tie up with Marcos?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    ^
    I can say one thing, they used her. When asked by a high ranking U.S. official why her for BBM's running mate, Meldy said flatly that her son would become president when she kicks the bucket. Who does that?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    As much as I admire her track record, I was terribly appalled by her last political move - selling out to Marcos.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Same here, I think it's for the money...

Started with a bang, but did not finish well.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i've never been a fan of the late senator, but i do respect the path on which she decided to tread on

rip

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    From mb...

1475240034054.jpg1475240044539.jpg1475240056717.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sayang..

gusto ko pa namang magka harap ulit si idol miriam at aguirre

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    20 years ago, maybe she'd have made a good president. in her later years she was just as for sale as some of the other senators sitting beside her. and in the end, pera-pera na lang din talaga.

MDS was BBM's running mate for the money. BBM chose her for 2 reasons. 1 was because they knew she's about to kick the bucket (just in case she does wins, but they knew it was a long shot). the other was because the Marcoses together with GMA were in fact funding Du30. the math is simple: votes for MDS are less votes for either MR, GP or JB. Du30's presidency makes 2 things possible - FM's burial at the LNMB and BBM's foot in malacanang. she was used and she allowed them to. she needed money. she sold her soul.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    20 years ago, maybe she'd have made a good president. in her later years she was just as for sale as some of the other senators sitting beside her. and in the end, pera-pera na lang din talaga.

MDS was BBM's running mate for the money. BBM chose her for 2 reasons. 1 was because they knew she's about to kick the bucket (just in case she does wins, but they knew it was a long shot). the other was because the Marcoses together with GMA were in fact funding Du30. the math is simple: votes for MDS are less votes for either MR, GP or JB. Du30's presidency makes 2 things possible - FM's burial at the LNMB and BBM's foot in malacanang. she was used and she allowed them to. she needed money. she sold her soul.
    Amen, bro. What pains me is that in her last moments on this planet, she had to lie to the whole country, telling us she's already cured, when we can all see that, in fact, she's sick as hell. She could've chosen the high road, but chose otherwise. She ruined her own legacy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast