The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pakitang tao pwe!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    ang naririnig ko na masama about villar is that he's a land grabber.
    My friend, whose family is into real estate, calls Manny Villar a land grabber as well. He is evil daw! :diablo:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Is it unethical to campaign early? maybe....

Is it necessary to win an election? Yes... Our elections have shown that its a popularity contest, its not a battle of intelligence, values, achievements, patriotism, credentials and credibility. Its a popularity and PR contest. Most Filipinos don't even research their candidates, unfortunately.

Look at Senator Escudero, no. 1 in the 2007 election. His exposure as spokesperson and great public speaking ability made him no. 1 but is he patriotic? If you cover up for Erap in congress in the 2000 impeachment hearing, you certainly are not patriotic.

Is Manny Villar evil? I don't think so, but the TV exposure is a necessary evil to win an election.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    fake animal

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't know Manny Villar. But, since I've been here, I've heard nothing good about politics in the Philippines. No one's brought up the name of any good candidate for 2010. No one's really had anything good to say in general. When I look up positive (albeit little) things that goes on there, no one cares.

I still refuse to believe the Philippines is hopeless. Maybe Metro Manila and the surrounding provinces are a stagnating political cesspool. But, I don't think the rest of the Philippines is. Much like I don't think California is the US, I don't think Manila is the Philippines. Manila can fester all it wants. But, I think the rest of the Philippines still has hope. My wife and all her friends/acquaintances from the Visayas are all much more upbeat.

If that's the case, then maybe it's time to move the seat of power away from Manila and relocate it to say, the Visayas. Just because Manila is the biggest city doesn't mean the seat of power has to be there. No administration will get a fair shake or be accountable so long as it's powerbase is in Manila.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Imperial Manila...with colonies of squatters. Kalokohan sa Metro Manila...luzon visayas and mindanao nadadamay.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    Imperial Manila...with colonies of squatters. Kalokohan sa Metro Manila...luzon visayas and mindanao nadadamay.
    OT
    Just like the country bumpkins here who can't be happy where they're at. They go to LA or NYC thinking they'll make it big and then find out too late otherwise.

My wife's got relatives both in the Visayas and in Metro Manila. She can't stand staying in MM. But, she does because for one thing, it beats paying for a hotel room and meals while waiting a few days for a domestic PAL flight south.

But, all her relatives there seemed to do nothing but bellyache while it's much more relaxed in her home province. The differences in attitude between the two places were quite striking.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 2nd, 2008 at 10:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am from Las Pinas and I have not had any unpleasant encounter with Manny Villar, nor his wife Cynthia. In one of these encounters in a coffee shop fronting Philamlife Village just a few weeks ago, both husband and wife came in with the barest of security people. They even exchanged pleasantries with the people they chanced upon. They sat in a corner of the coffee shop and talked moderately,- nothing that sounded loud and arrogant for us.

Anyway, I still am not convinced on his TV ad. Just this morning, there were even awards given for his Sipag at Tiyaga program nationwide(?) in a whole page of The Inquirer...

6505:Bath:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

I am from Las Pinas and I have not had any unpleasant encounter with Manny Villar, nor his wife Cynthia. In one of these encounters in a coffee shop fronting Philamlife Village just a few weeks ago, both husband and wife came in with the barest of security people. They even exchanged pleasantries with the people they chanced upon. They sat in a corner of the coffee shop and talked moderately,- nothing that sounded loud and arrogant for us.

Anyway, I still am not convinced on his TV ad. Just this morning, there were even awards given for his Sipag at Tiyaga program nationwide(?) in a whole page of The Inquirer...

6505:Bath:

Hmmm. Is his program doing any good? Has it benefitted anyone (besides the rich, of course)? Does it deserve kudos or do all those bad-mouthing him have a point?

As an outsider, it's really hard who to believe. <---- Except my wife. But, she has no love for Manila. So, even her views of that place I have to question.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 2nd, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Masipag maghanap ng mayaman na asawa...Tiyaga lang kung ang mayaman mo na asawa ay pangit.....SIPAG at TIYAGA...Bow!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sen. Manny Villar's TV ads