New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If there is one place I might consider retiring to in the PH, it's the northernmost islands..... I like the isolation.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    No internet there.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I want the isolation......

No phone calls. No Internet. Go fishing everyday. Cook them fish over an open flame.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I want the isolation......

No phone calls. No Internet. Go fishing everyday. Cook them fish over an open flame.
    No relatives, no bills, no pesky salesmen and religious solicitors and no nosy neighbors[emoji106]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I love having relatives around! I consider my Dad and Mom's siblings as family and not just relatives since we are very close. I don't havet siblings and wish we had a big nuclear family

BTT I don't plan for retirement. I don't think I will live long enough to reach retirement age.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This place people are starting to crowd.

20150406_161128.jpg

But this place is still immaculate. I'm buying a piece of land here maybe with a beach front.

20150615_103005.jpg

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Beautiful place!!!!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    On the second photo the population is estimated to be in the 50k range. Now thats a baby population. People are still honest and polite. We saw stores unmanned for hours and their wares never touched. Food especially seafood are super cheap and fresh specially their livestock. Peace and order is remarkable and it's proximity to Manila is just like going to Baguio or Nasugbu. That's why I arranged for a land purchase as I have fallen over heels over her majestic sea scape and her people. i'm going back there again next week to seal the deal.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Where is this place if i may ask? And congratulations. Get the beach front.

Does it have highway access?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Where is this place if i may ask? And congratulations. Get the beach front.

Does it have highway access?
    Dipaculao, Aurora province. About 45 mins from Baler but there is a shorter route from Maria Aurora so we reached the place about 5 hours from Manila. All roads are paved in concrete with occasional asphalt overlay but it was a very relaxing drive with all the sceneries and the low volume of traffic. In fact, there were more people than vehicles were we passed and the we got so distracted with the view that we lost tract of time. Oh, and on our 2nd day we were asking what day it was already and by the third we lost it completely and never wanted to go home.:springsmile:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Retirement plans, retirement occupations, retirement locations.