New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reincarnation/reimbodiment/being born again is biblical. At least, there is one instance where a man died and was reborn again. (the story of Elijah the prophet and John the Baptist.)

2kings 2:11 – Elijah is taken up to heaven

Mal 4:5 – before the great and terrible day of the lord comes, I will send you the prophet Elijah

Sirach 48:10 - you (Elijah)are ready to appear at the designated time..
    (Apocrypha/deuterocanonicals)

Matt 11:14 – john is Elijah.. whose coming was predicted
    Matt 17:12 – Elijah has already come

Mark 9:13- Elijah is already come

I presented these verses to a priest and a JW and both gave ludicrous answers (palusot). I mentioned that if they deny these verses, it means that Jesus is a liar. Puro palusot.com

Elijah lived more than 800 years before John.

If this is not reincarnation/reimbodiment/being born again, what is it?
    Last edited by pyramid00; May 13th, 2014 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    so who were you in your past life?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So heaven is not real since everyone is reincarnated back instead of going up there or down there...
    Last edited by Monseratto; May 13th, 2014 at 02:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    reincarnation is going back on a different form..... parang tao ka dati and babalik ka as langgam.
    in the case of john and elijah, no... its not reincarnation..

The Bible is clear that John was given his role because he came into the spirit and power of Elijah (Luke 1:17), not because he was Elijah. John was the forerunner who points the way to the arrival of Christ in the NT which was the same role that Elijah did in the OT. Also, Elijah appeared with Moses during the transfiguration. Kung si Elijah si John, malamang, hindi pwede yun, o ang makikita ng mga apostles ay si John na putol ang ulo.

Lastly, John denied that he was Elijah (john 1:19-23).

Generally, the Bible opposes reincarnation.

Anyway, kung totoo ang reincarnation, pag nauna ako. Magpaparamdam ako dito, whatever form it is....
    Last edited by 1D4LV; May 13th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    masama dyan pag balik mo lamok ka na.. hehehe 1 araw lang buhay non diba..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung totoo reincarnation bakit dumadami yun population dapat same number lang dahil meron namamatay at bumabalik

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Christians who want to believe in reincarnation look for justification para hindi sila guluhin ng konsensya nila

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and btw many people who preach reincarnation don't even understand the concept

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    and btw many people who preach reincarnation don't even understand the concept
    what i understand about reincarnation is that a human soul/spirit can only be reborn as a human; not as an animal, stone or tree. there is a sect of buddhism that believe that a human could be reincarnated as a vegetable or a mineral.

being reborn again is interrelated with karma/dharma. only buddhist and hindus are the firm believers of this concept of karma and reincarnation, and a small portion of christianity.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I'm a firm believer of REINCARNATION. I see it my self when after round one, junior rise alive again from the dead, ready for the next round

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast