Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paano na mga Uber, grab cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post
    I haven't been into a car that has one yet, but even so this option would still cost quite a bit (voice recognition + navigation bundle), and phones are much more responsive and has more features, so I still prefer smartphones. For me bluetooth connectivity should be enough. :D

Only major disadvantage is the phone will get very hot when driving under a lot of sunlight, as it's placed at the dash area.
    My wife doesn't even need to take her smartphone out of her bag, er purse. All incoming audio is routed through the car sound system. There must be a mic somewhere because I can talk and the caller at the other side can hear me.

If it's just us guys, we'd settle for whatever the dealer gives us. But, my wife knows how to haggle and turn on the charm (she's still a looker).

She got almost all of the Rogue SL's options (including the top nav/console option) for the price of a Rogue SV which is way down on the options scale.

Edit:

We bought her Rogue back in NY and that state have very strict phone/texting laws. A cop can ticket you if you as much as look down (for an extended period) even while at a stoplight. Here in Arizona, it's kinda like the PH. There are no phone/texting laws yet, I think.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 2nd, 2016 at 10:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    How about digital tv tuners? Banned din ba sila?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    My wife doesn't even need to take her smartphone out of her bag, er purse. All incoming audio is routed through the car sound system. There must be a mic somewhere because I can talk and the caller at the other side can hear me.

Bro,- mayroon ding mga "run-of-the-mill rides" dito sa Pinas na may ganyang standard accessory...

Pero for me,- such "phone discussion",- even if hands-free is a distraction while driving...

Sana maipatupad ng tama, maayos at consistent ang batas na ito... Dapat malaki ang multa para madala at hindi suwayin ang batas...

Talaga namang nakakaasar na makita mong may hawak na cellphone sa isang kamay at nakikipag-merge sa iyon,- o biglang bumabagal for unknown reason o pa-ese-ese sa kalye o tumatabi sa kabilang lane etc...

Hazards ang mga iyan sa kalye....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.6K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    however else the cellphone is used, it still distracts the user from driving concentration.
    the only solution i can think of, is that driver makes a stop at the side of the road to handle that cellphone.
    i can imagine it now... half the cars on the road will be parked at the side...

btw... i was sideswiped once, when i stopped at the side of the road to make a call. by a driver delivering a brand new vehicle to the showroom. my condolences to the buyer of that vehicle...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So goodbye na ba bluetooth headsets for taking and making (hands-free) calls while driving?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    [COLOR="#008080"]

Bro,- mayroon ding mga "run-of-the-mill rides" dito sa Pinas na may ganyang standard accessory...

Pero for me,- such "phone discussion",- even if hands-free is a distraction while driving...
    Kahit naman kausap mo lang yung mga passengers mo, pwede ka madistract di ba? Lalo na kung maganda yung katabi mo at tingin ka ng tingin sa kanya kesa sa kalye.

If you have noisy kids for passengers, distraction din yun.

Kung nanonood ng movie / TV yung passnegers mo kahit na nakikikinig ka lang sa pinapanood nila, (hindi ka nanonood directly) pwede ka din madistract.

Kung napalakas ng audio setup mo, pwede ka din madistract sa music.

What's the big /major difference with hands-free calls then?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    So goodbye na ba bluetooth headsets for taking and making (hands-free) calls while driving?
    How would enforcers know na meron ka kausap? Eh kung napapasabay lang sa music? [emoji23]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    Kahit naman kausap mo lang yung mga passengers mo, pwede ka madistract di ba? Lalo na kung maganda yung katabi mo at tingin ka ng tingin sa kanya kesa sa kalye.

If you have noisy kids for passengers, distraction din yun.

Kung nanonood ng movie / TV yung passnegers mo kahit na nakikikinig ka lang sa pinapanood nila, (hindi ka nanonood directly) pwede ka din madistract.

Kung napalakas ng audio setup mo, pwede ka din madistract sa music.

What's the big /major difference with hands-free calls then?
    Sagot na daw lahat ni duts sweldo ng mga personal drivers. Change is coming.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    How would enforcers know na meron ka kausap? Eh kung napapasabay lang sa music? [emoji23]

Simply, show them your "call" history on the phone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast