New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    For Malthusian Economics yes..

But for investors and producers.....no.....

potential market.........

OT

I have a hunch one of the guessonomics statistics ito....

14 million OFW plus million TNTs in Italy, Spain, Middle East, Japan and Sabah....88 million pa rin? Yung death rate-birth rate....those who die everyday other than natural death (victims of accidents, crime etc)

absolute 88 million pa rin?

Have you gone to the provinces almost empty in certain regions even in LUZOn....
    Pwede pero applicable pa rin ba today ung Malthusian Economics?

Sa akin kasi masama ung 88 million, di makapagprovide ng enough services for everybody.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I saw on ANC, some korean prefer here to avoid their ROTC.
    I've seen how ROK troops discipline their own. A long time ago at a ROK base, I saw a ROK sergeant take a private out in the back and just just bury his fist on his gut then followed it up with a nasty slap to the face (enough to send the helmet flying). All because there was a blemish on the private's shiny boots.

Meanwhile there we were (GI's) watching, all muddy, stinky, and haven't taken a bath in 4 days.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Medyo OT: Pero instead of learning English these folks should start learning Mandarin Chinese. I don't know if their pride can take it but China will be the next great country in the world and certainly the leader here in Asia not Korea and not Japan....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    OT
    Dubai has the benefit of oil money directly or indirectly to power its diversification. The Philippines has what? Last I heard, it was agriculture. But, whatever advantage there was slipped away years ago. Personally, I think the Philippines should've stuck to its agricultural roots since that's what the geography of the Philippines is good for.

Putting my foot in my own mouth.... Look at Vietnam. I wouldn't have imagined it'd be the 2nd largest coffee exporter in the world. Granted, Vietnam has its own oil reserves. But, that country stuck with what it's good at, agriculture. It's my feelings the Philippines should've done the same. Maybe diversify a bit, but stick to its roots.

Back to Topic:
    The Philippine educational system has to keep turning out skilled/educated graduates because quitting is simply not an option.
    I know Dubai is different from the Philippines.

It's obvious.

The Philippines isnt drilling holes in the ground.

I just used Dubai as an EXAMPLE.

All im saying is the effect of CAPITAL is the same anywhere in the world.

Capital spending is the life blood of any economy.

As long as a lot of capital is being spent (be it private or govt spending), any economy becomes highly energized.

Cut capital spending and any economy becomes anemic.
    Last edited by uls; May 5th, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Dubai is being invested upon kasi parang Las Vegas vision yan ng isang wiseguy noon araw. not bec. it's a paradise of gambling in the desert but bec. Dubai is the most protected seafront in the world. nasa loob sya halos ng continent. look at the map.

if sea level rises due to global warming, hindi sya maapektuhan. if climate shifts, say lumamig sa Middle Eastern continent, tapos uminit sa Chinese continent naman, ready na ang mga building nya, all-weather eh.

that's why sobrang ang investment sa dubai on the good GREEN things. at sobra ang investment sa China on the bad Harmful thing like factories and other stuff. The Philippines naman is useless to invest bec. we will all be underwater if the time comes. sa Mountain PRovince lang puwede magtayo ng factory pero ang hirap ata noon, kasi sa delivery of goods pa lang paktay nasa akyat panaog.

hindi nyo napansin, mga planta dito sa'tin na multi-national tinatayo sa plains like sta. rosa, cavite and clark.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    syempre, sino naman magtatayo ng pabrika sa tuktok ng bundok?

hindi naman iniisip ng mga nagtatayo ng planta na malulubog sa tubig dagat ang planta nila dahil sa Al Gore global warming scenario.

Naaaapaaaakaaalaaayooo pa nun... if that is ever gonna happen.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    The Philippines naman is useless to invest bec. we will all be underwater if the time comes. sa Mountain PRovince lang puwede magtayo ng factory pero ang hirap ata noon, kasi sa delivery of goods pa lang paktay nasa akyat panaog.

hindi nyo napansin, mga planta dito sa'tin na multi-national tinatayo sa plains like sta. rosa, cavite and clark.
    I wonder kung kelan ito mangyayari.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    syempre, sino naman magtatayo ng pabrika sa tuktok ng bundok?

hindi naman iniisip ng mga nagtatayo ng planta na malulubog sa tubig dagat ang planta nila dahil sa Al Gore global warming scenario.

Naaaapaaaakaaalaaayooo pa nun... if that is ever gonna happen.
    i dont know pero nakakatakot mga pangitain

just a week ago, my OFW friend in Kuwait phoned me and he told me umulan ng yelo dun. katakot daw

i searched youtube and I found a few clips na very disturbing

ice storm in Kuwait

snow in Saudi Arabia

kaya pala all-weather proof ang mga tinatayo sa Dubai na bldgs.

and recently sa news 2 days ago, US estimated 100,000 dead on Myanmar, Burma after a Cyclone. nabura daw mapa ng coastline. this is a South East Asian Country, neighbor lang natin

Last edited by ringostarr; May 9th, 2008 at 01:20 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kuwait is near 30 deg N Latitude as is northern Saudi Arabia. The same goes for northern Florida, central Texas, and southern Arizona. Most of the time, those areas don't get much snow. But once in a while, it happens. That "icestorm" in Kuwait is actually hail from a severe thunderstorm. Anyone from Florida and Texas would recognize it. Here, we got snow a year ago. Pretty rare. It only happens every few years.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 9th, 2008 at 05:37 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post
    that's why sobrang ang investment sa dubai on the good GREEN things. at sobra ang investment sa China on the bad Harmful thing like factories and other stuff. The Philippines naman is useless to invest bec. we will all be underwater if the time comes. sa Mountain PRovince lang puwede magtayo ng factory pero ang hirap ata noon, kasi sa delivery of goods pa lang paktay nasa akyat panaog.

*ringostarr

I understand your concern about the environment and I definitely agree with you. Anyway, "green technologies" are already available today and we can industrialize using such production methodology....

Its a matter of harmonizing development with environmental conservation and protection....

And schools in the Philippines are becoming more aware of sustainable development and environmental economics....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Pinas: Learning Center of Asia?