New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why does Homer Simpson keeps popping into my head?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ok sana yung nuclear power plant, pero ang problema is yung disposal ng nuclear waste. Basura na nga lang Maynila ay hirap na solusyunan, pano pa kaya pag biohazard na usapan?

Mag tap na lang tayo siguro sa wind energy since according to some articles, this energy source can sustain enough to support our power requirement.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Consistency ang issue ng wind as source of power. Hindi lagi pareho ang wind velocity kahit saan sa atin. Solution is to compensate by installing more wind mills (like the ones in Ilocos). Pero mababa output nun.

Actually nuclear waste are not disposed of in the same manner as other waste materials. And yes we could screw it up.

So without alternative power supply, we end up with rotating brown outs, power shortages, etc. etc.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I think we are ready for nuclear power, or any type of power for that matter. BUT we're never gonna be ready for a nuclear disaster. :-) No one will.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Atleast yung nuclear waste ay pwede natin ibaon sa isang island na walang tao... yung conventional energy source naman ngayon pero ay nalalanghap natin araw-araw kaya parang itinatapon sa mga baga natin.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When we eventually have power outages and rotating brownouts due to lack of power plants, i think that we will give nuclear power a second hard look. dahil sa impending power supply/generation problems in our country, the arroyos and their cronies are already positioning themselves to take advantage of this situation - if you havent noticed already.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wala di pa pwede bopols mga tao sa gobyerno, bopols din yung ilalagay diyan kaya wag na. Election automation lang puro sablay na nababalitaan natin, Nuclear power pa.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    kung manonood kayo ng jack bauer, you'll know why we are not ready for nuclear power. india/pakistan became nuclear powered, ano nangyari, naging haven ng arms dealers/trader

that's the double edged sword of nuclear power. so tama na'to idea na'to.

ang pinakamaganda, bumili ng lcd tv, lcd monitor, laptop, mp3 ipod + speakers, electronic regulated refrigerators and aircons and shellane.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    definitely the idea's dicey for now, but years to come it won't be until passively safe reactors have been extensively tested overseas. otherwise you have to deal with el nino and rising gas prices year after year in another way which i doubt will be substantial to meet the requirement nationwide.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    It seems the Renewable Energy Act of 2008 is making a big leap in terms of promising service contracts tapping on wind, ocean, geothermal, biomas energy sources. That is why, nuclear power plant solution is not appealing, as for me.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Is the Philippines ready for Nuclear Power?