New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    in a business perspective, hydropower will cost you more $$$ than nuclear power. sure, it'll be a hefty investment but there's no way around it. what are you gonna do, still rely on fossil fuels till they dry up? OR. . .

maybe create a matrix style power plant :S
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There are other sources of cheap and clean power. Wind, tidal, hyrdo, natural gas and bio-gas. Not as expansive as a nuclear plan in coverage and may even be more costly to invest upon initially.

Even nuclear power plants are still a viable alternative. Hindi nga lang yung BNPP. A newer one which utilizes technology of the early 21st century not the mid 20th century.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Whats this?: Vietnam is getting its first Nuclear power plant by 2014?

Vietnam also invited Russia to help build its 1st nuclear power plant, and hopes to begin construction in 2014 and put it on line by 2020. The country has been growing its manufacturing capacity in recent years, partly at China’s expense, and needs to improve its electric grid in tandem. Vietnam’s Thanh Nien News | RIA Novosti | Agence France Presse | Associated Press | BBC News | China’s Xinhua | Agence France Presse analysis
    http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...ss-Subs-05396/

The Vietnam nuclear power plant is just a footnote in the Defense Article, which also makes me drool in envy. Vietnam has already by-passed the Philippines. Soon it may be Cambodia and Myanmar that will overtake this country.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    papayag ako sa nuclear power plant basta sa mindanao ang planta tapos supply sa luzon. para kung nagka-chernobyl type of incident man malayo sa'tin ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    good luck joining the power cables from mindanao to luzon then :P
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    papayag ako sa nuclear power plant basta sa mindanao ang planta tapos supply sa luzon. para kung nagka-chernobyl type of incident man malayo sa'tin ;)
    Me too..lagay lang nila sa maguindanao...sa tabi ng mansion ng mga anak ng amputaan...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If nuke power is not feasible right now. then i hope the next president would put in more funds and effort to research and development of renewable energy like solar power generation which is used on some parts of europe / portugal / spain.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i don't think the Philippines is ready for nuclear power. baka mabura lang sa mundo ang Pilipinas pag nagkaproblema sa nuclear plant.

yung dams lang ng tubig natin di mamaintain ng maayos. over flow nung Ondoy, ngayon kulang na daw supply.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mas safer na ang technology ng nuclear energy ngayon. Sana atleast 5 nuclear plant gawin nila.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    scrap the bataan plant altogether. then we can wait until the experts implement the new type of reactor generation 3+ systems over the next decade paving the way for the future gen 4 reactors. according to wiki, not only will the new systems be simpler and more efficient and economical to build, operate and maintain than the current system but it also minimise if not eliminate human factor during panic procedure. i used to side with pundits who were against the bnpp operation and i still am. but now we need these smart power plants (run by robots) to sustain the power requirements of the country and the rest at large. can you imagine no more trips to bowsers, shell et al would be furious, petroleum prices will plummet and everyone's happy.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Is the Philippines ready for Nuclear Power?