New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    PH lawmaker to protesters: Be strong, Hong Kong | Inquirer Global Nation

Another idiot who can't make this country straight forward even has the guts to interfere with a much better one.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    PH lawmaker to protesters: Be strong, Hong Kong | Inquirer Global Nation

Another idiot who can't make this country straight forward even has the guts to interfere with a much better one.
    If the protests lead to violence, I hope he'll be the first victim.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014

Proof that US is behind the HK protests:trampoline:

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    i hope pinoys in hk will keep their *$$ out on this ongoing saga.
    hwag kayong maging loyal sa inyong mga amo na kasama sa demonstration!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Baka "Made-in-CHINA" yung baril... Nag Auto double tap...
    Service pistol ng police nila ay using 38 special. No way na mag auto.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Service pistol ng police nila ay using 38 special. No way na mag auto.
    Nelany, old school pala sila.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    If the protests lead to violence, I hope he'll be the first victim.
    Yup. WTF talaga tong mga gunggong na leftist na to. Ang lakas maka democracy kuno pero saan ka, king ina dito sa Pinas eh mga hinayupak na mga maka komunista yan.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    You could call the HK student protesters as the Yaya Generation...

If only we can see this happening in our own backyard...

The yaya-raised Hong Kong protest generation
    By HOWIE G. SEVERINO,GMA NewsOctober 5, 2014 10:24pm

Last Saturday afternoon along a bustling street in Causeway Bay in Hong Kong, I was apparently looking lost when a smiling young Hong Kong couple approached me.

"Excuse me, is there a way we can help you?" asked the woman who had gleaming white teeth. I said no thank you, I was just waiting for a cab, but had they by any chance just come from one of the city's protest areas?

They had indeed, with both wearing the black shirts that the pro-democracy activists wear to convey their seriousness ("This is not a party, it's a protest," says one big hand-painted sign hanging from an overpass).

In all my years of going to Hong Kong from the time I was a teenager, this visit has been the very first time that anyone has volunteered to help me on the street. It has happened many times in the last several days.

What has astonished me nearly as much as the courage of students challenging the Chinese government is how polite they have been.

For all the attractions that Hong Kong offers to millions of tourists a year, friendliness, politeness, and helpfulness are not among them. But I have seen these virtues in copious amounts among the crowds of young people who are engaged in one of the most quixotic protest movements of our time.

But Filipino residents of Hong Kong who have watched the events there unfold also credit how the present generation was raised – many by Filipina yayas.

"We have a culture of kapwa and tender loving care," says Azon Cañete, a former NGO worker in Hong Kong who now covers the city for GMA News. "It's hard to generalize because there are no studies, but I think OFWs have shown those values to their wards."

"Hindi sila racist, mababait sila sa ibang lahi," says one long-time domestic helper in Hong Kong who, like many others here, didn't want to be named. "Mga Pilipina kasing nagpalaki."

They are a stark contrast to many of their elders, especially the prejudiced market vendors who have been known to shout at and shoo away Filipino maids.

About 150,000 Filipina domestics live with families in Hong Kong; many of these Pinays spend more time with their employers' children than their parents.

Many of these kids have grown up. Quick to smile, well-mannered, and respectful to people darker than they, the generation who are manning the barricades in Central District could very well be channeling the foreign nannies who took care of them, even while applying techniques pioneered by the likes of Martin Luther King.

They are different not just from older Hong Kong generations, but from China itself. Authoritarian and dismissive of both public opinion and the interests of other nations, the Chinese government has been uncompromising in its attitude to Hong Kong's pro-democracy youth.

China's leaders have sent word that this form of disruptive dissent cannot be tolerated any longer, with Hong Kong's police preparing to end the protest by force in the next several days.

Well-raised and deeply committed, these youths have shown that it will be harder to snuff out the spirit that has captured the world's imagination. They have time on their side, and if they persist, the #OccupyCentral generation could still wind up leading Hong Kong, and perhaps changing China itself.

If so, I have seen the future, and I like it.
    The yaya-raised Hong Kong protest generation | Opinion | GMA News Online

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123